TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

Yeah, at the time I made this FM, I was using OldDark. The player wasn't meant to mantle the railing on the front balcony. Also, there's a good chance that an objective won't trigger correctly until the player enters the rooms that trigger it. The suggested places of entry are either the side door or the upstairs windows via climbing on the trees like a ladder. Maybe if I have time for this, I'll fix this issue about the balcony entrance and have it included.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Maybe if I have time for this, I'll fix this issue about the balcony entrance and have it included.
    We can do that with the dml, it would be a solution that satisfies Galaer’s concerns, let me know if you what us to do so.

Please do so. That way the objective gets triggered when the player enters the balcony doors.

With regard to Galaer's posts and GORT's permission the dml has now been changed to trigger the 'Enter the mansion' objective when you go through the balcony doors, however the dml will only be included in the FMDML package when Jax releases an updated T2Fix, so in the meantime players will need to manually install the dml (miss3.dml) in this post.

PS. Other dml's for this mission are not affected and will continue to function correctly via FMDML package.

Mission 1 questions.

spoiler:

1. Went through the haunted library. I couldn't enter one area with a red door (clicked like it was locked). Not sure how to open it. If it requires putting out the 2 torches above, I have no water arrows left.
    2. Entering the haunted library from the dining room was strange. Hitting the wall with the sword produced a hitting metal sound. I'm playing on Deathwish, so I tried shooting a fire arrow like someone mentioned here. It turned out things just went through and I mantled up without having to use the fire arrow.
    3. Not sure what the whole haunted library was about. I killed everything short of the zombies and frozen haunts. I guess I killed Christine who had a sword in hand and was across the room where the floor fell into the pit of zombies. I ran across it with a speed potion taking some damage from the fire bombs dropping, but killed her by hiding behind the doorway and just whacking her with my sword. I did not get a sword from her.
    4. The plaque with the symbols on them was for...??
    5. Found the "lift" that brought me into the area with 7 red doorways plus the south doorway with the lift. Some brought me to a new set of 8 red doorways. I could not find any real combination on going through them. I ended up in a crayman room with one choice, the pool with another choice, the Christine area with a choice, and outside in the front of the mansion with the last. All other choices brought me to the first set of doors or 2nd set. Was I supposed to find something here?
    6. I read a secret panel is in the hall behind the guard training room. I see it there, but could not figure out how to open it.

If you need fire arrows or water arrows to accomplish goals, I think more should have been provided. For some reason, I never played this mission when it was released many years ago. If it wasn't for recently seeing part two, I may have missed it altogether. I found this first mission extremely difficult and out of the box in many ways. I'm all for having things challenging. It took many types of strategies to knock out everyone since I couldn't kill them, but if the need ever arose to be quiet or ghost, this would be impossible. Anyway, I'm moving on to mission 2. I left a save for mission 1. I tried not to read too much here because there are many spoilers for the other missions and I couldn't figure out what went where if someone didn't identify the specific mission they were asking about. I got NO bonus objectives, so if anyone would like to enlighten me, feel free. Thanks.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philflound View Post
    Mission 1 questions.
    I just dug out a walkthrough link, still works for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mi7yeai2f...ilder.pdf?dl=0. It was postet by the author, GORT in this thread. Have much fun playing this campaign. Donīt give up, even if all missions are excruciating hard. There is also second part of the campaign, donīt miss it.

Good luck!!! (You will need every bit of it!!!)

Thanks. I wasn't planning on giving up. was just going to start the second mission, but wanted to finish up the first with a little more loot. Some things I figured out on my own, but something like the pagan girl was something I would never have thought of. Anyway, I'll click that link and hopefully can figure out some stuff. Thanks.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526