TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

Don't hurt yourself suewan! The only way to be quiet on tiles (aside from using a lot of moss arrows) is to sidle while holding your 'creep' key down. Even then sometimes the noise of one tiny footfall can alert the guards. I'm having to creep at a snail's pace myself, which is painful for me since I just blasted through the last few FMs I played. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Don't forget the endless supply of flashbombs!

I'm totally stuck now on the third mission. I have a Locker Key No. 1 which I have no use for. I can't locate the Security Room Key and need a combination for one area and a security card for the other. Any ideas anyone? Any water arrows?

Anyone found a shadow yet?

Oh and I've BJ'ed about a thousand Hammers with my everlasting flashbombs!

Everlasting flashbombs? Sounds like someone forgot to check for the old DS12!

is it just me? or have i played this before?

BTW...i need the code also...no hints...straight up "this is what you put in there!!!"

You've played it before (the 1st mission).

Major spoiler:
    spoiler:
    The code is 0515 (625:50625, take the square root of each side of the ":" and then take it again---> 05:15). Simple, no?

Thank you slingblade!!! do NOT make me have to use a computer, sliderule or calculator to figure codes!!! and, if it is not as easy as 2 + 2, then, those items are necessary!!!

If you're still using a slide rule, you must be as old or older than me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade
    If you're still using a slide rule, you must be as old or older than me!!
    maybe...maybe not

anyway...i still haven't even found the control room yet...good grief...these ai are on steroids!

spoiler:
    How can I kill Constantine in the mechanists labs? Even the Nitro doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Genie
    I'm having trouble getting this mission to play. I downloaded it and tried to run it thru Garretloader, but when I play, it is the original Thief 2 game.

Maybe darkloader for this one?

EDIT: Tried with darkloader and it worked !!
    I didn't have any problems installing in GL, however it did take a bit of time to unzip the 167mb and convert the mp3's to wavs but other than that its fine. What version GL are you using?

EDIT:
    I also noticed that GL has a small bug in that if there is a MAIN_1.PCX file and a GLTitle.jpg it will get slightly confused as to what image to use. I have just fixed this for the next release.
    Last edited by potterr; 1st Apr 2006 at 12:16.

Let me just say that the Rebellion of the Builder is visually stunning at times especially the third episode. The Hammerite church is just amazing BUT...

... wow is it hard. Without the endless flashbombs I would have given up almost immediately. I don't know what the designer was thinking about.

I have now found out how to
    spoiler:
    turn off the security system but it is just crazy, absolutely crazy.
    And it doesn't work if you have already activated it!!!!!!

I have also found some water arrows and the keycard.

If the designer could produce the this quality aesthetically but with solid gameplay, it would rank with the best out there. As it is well, only the extremely patient should try.

I have the
    spoiler:
    mechanist with the revolver to look forward to now. I kid you not!

DARN IT!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I've just found out that the equation for the code for lab's gate on the third mission is wrong. So I'm giving the answer here.

It's
    spoiler:

I'm very sorry to stump you all on this.

For those that are trying to get the Gold Hammer in the Hammerite Church...

To shut off the alarm, the process is like getting the secret in the bar.

Suggestion: Knock out all of the Hammers because you are going to do a lot of running. Anyway, there's a clue on what to do on the second floor.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    IMPORTANT NOTE: I've just found out that the equation for the code for lab's gate on the third mission is wrong. So I'm giving the answer here.

It's
    spoiler:

I'm very sorry to stump you all on this.
    spoiler:
    Hm... As I said before, the WHOLE equation doesn't bring the solution. But I saw, that there is also the code "4356" if you are ONLY using the last part:
    "66^2".

spoiler:
    And now, please tell me how i can kill that damn trickster!

Fighting _ _ _ _ _...

Quote Originally Posted by SethAC
    spoiler:
    How can I kill Constantine in the mechanists labs? Even the Nitro doesn't work...
    OK, it not very easy, but
    spoiler:
    are you sure those Nitros hit him right on? Anyway, after you've done that, it's fire arrow time. How many do you have? Have you created some? Also, in his dammaged state, he can be hurt by water (not much, though).

Oh, rumor has it that the Christine family left something hidden in the basement.

Hmmm... from what I've read, it looks like I'll need to update this FM set.
    Sorry for the bugs, guys...

I must correct what I said before. Now my new favourite mission is "The Unstable Destination". This is absolutely fantastic!

spoiler:
    I jumped through the portal and saw only much desert around me... Maybe it is a bit early to ask, but... are you planning a sequel?

I'm thinking about it, but I'm sure it will be a very long time before it comes out.

Ghost

Stumped a bit

In the first mission, Mystic Estate, I killed what I think is Christine in the catacombs -- blue dress in the room with the pillars and the frozen haunts. Or maybe that's a decoy?

This section seems totally different from the original version of this mission, so I have no clue where to find her sword now. Also, I forget how to turn off the red forcefield I passed in the corridor there, unless what I already did turned it off and I just haven't seen it there yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Got it
    Last edited by Garret- son; 1st Apr 2006 at 11:29.

mickey70
    i'm not sure why, but in doomsday project, and playing on man's world,
    spoiler:
    after i enter the lab with the trickster and he does his breaking out thing, the mission fails on me, saying i'm not supposed to kill anyone. i've killed to get to this point, and i noticed the objective list had this X-ed out (even though i didn't know i wasn't supposed to kill until i had already done it), but the game continued on nevertheless until the trickster sequence.
    am i looking at starting over?

Dafydd: No, that wasn't Christine. Look in the side room for a switch to go on. Later you'll also be able to turn of the force field with a little something you'll find.

After going through "the mystic estate" on death wish I'm now playing on sissy - much, much better for me little coward. I'm looking forward to the new missions, but have to go past the treebeast first.

I'm stuck!

I'm stuck in the second mission (Forest of Despair). I am in the caverns where there are burricks and and an expedition of dead mecs. I'm in the area where there were two fire elementals (which I've dealt with... ). I have found the plaque on a pedestal with a fire on it in another area that talks about something like "essence of life will grant you passage" (I forget the exact wording) but I'm stumped on what to do next. There are two stone "doors" I can't go through yet burricks go through as if it wasn't there. What do I have to do??

Quote Originally Posted by mickey70
    i'm not sure why, but in doomsday project, and playing on man's world,
    spoiler:
    after i enter the lab with the trickster and he does his breaking out thing, the mission fails on me, saying i'm not supposed to kill anyone. i've killed to get to this point, and i noticed the objective list had this X-ed out (even though i didn't know i wasn't supposed to kill until i had already done it), but the game continued on nevertheless until the trickster sequence.
    am i looking at starting over?
    I had the same effect when i pulled the hidden switch in the room with the "do-not-push-the-button-machine"
    I guess it was not intended this way and so I assume it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by redrider
    I'm stuck in the second mission (Forest of Despair). I am in the caverns where there are burricks and and an expedition of dead mecs. I'm in the area where there were two fire elementals (which I've dealt with... ). I have found the plaque on a pedestal with a fire on it in another area that talks about something like "essence of life will grant you passage" (I forget the exact wording) but I'm stumped on what to do next. There are two stone "doors" I can't go through yet burricks go through as if it wasn't there. What do I have to do??
    spoiler:
    Essence of life in this case is something opposite to fire.

I tried to drop a healing potion into the fire first, but obviously this didn't work

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast