TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

@redrider

What do I have to do??
    spoiler:
    You have to put out the flame across the lava to open one secret door and then put out the torch to open the second. It's a bit of a rush though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    I'm totally stuck now on the third mission. I have a Locker Key No. 1 which I have no use for.
    Search the Hammerite church there is a room with some lockers.
    I can't locate the Security Room Key and need a combination for one area and a security card for the other. Any ideas anyone?
    spoiler:
    There is no key to the security room, you have to find another way to open this door. -- The keycard is in the Hammerite compound as well.

Anyone found a shadow yet?

Oh and I've BJ'ed about a thousand Hammers with my everlasting flashbombs!
    spoiler:
    Look around when you return from the Mechanist's church

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon
    Thanks Gort for the pm. I entered the code and the
    spoiler:
    small door on the opposite side opened. I frobbed the top lever, but for the life of me I could not frob the lower one.
    spoiler:
    You have to lean forward to reach this lever.

Quote Originally Posted by SethAC
    I think I didn't understand something:

spoiler:
    2. In the mechanists church is a closed door besides the collapsed wall and the destroyed bot left from the entrance. Where is the key to this door?
    spoiler:
    Search the library

d. Dec 2017
    SinisterShadow, Thanks for the tip, but I have tried every which way to frob the bottom lever. I finally gave up and completed the game without turning off the security system. Probably missed some goodies.

Gort, I went back and played Forest of Despair without using any spoilers. It was a terrific adventure. Very creative with lots of different background settings. It was hard, but exciting.

Game 3 is extremely hard. I take one step forward and two steps back. aggghhh. So far, the only hint I needed was the code for the lab.
    The low gravity room is something else.
    spoiler:
    I reached the chest, but still trying to get back across.

I don't like the
    spoiler:
    guns in this game; blaster swords were bad enough.
    Sorry, but that is my humble opinion.

Otherwise, congratulations for an outstanding series.

cant get in

to the mechanics lab even using the code the code works but nuthing behind the doors but concreate also where is the card that is in the hammer church

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    Essence of life in this case is something opposite to fire.

I tried to drop a healing potion into the fire first, but obviously this didn't work
    Thank you!

spoiler:
    I tried shooting water arrows at the stone door myself but of course THAT didn't work...

Mission 2 The Forest Man's World?

spoiler:
    I found 2 secrets: The chest with water arrow and the button by the statue (not sure what that did unless it is the small wall area with water arrows thats open); still can't find the other 2 secrets or a way out of here...need a big spoiler please. Thanks
    Coreyb2

Important Note to ALL of Ya

I'm going to try to update the FM set to get those bugs out of the third mission. So, I'd suggest that everyone should get the updated version (please).

Quote Originally Posted by jimm1
    to the mechanics lab even using the code the code works but nuthing behind the doors but concreate also where is the card that is in the hammer church
    spoiler:
    The Mechanics Lab is the exit room of this mission, so you should return here when you have completed all the objectives.

The keycard is attached a hammerite in one of the outside areas of their church. Since there is noisy stone floor everywhere he might also be searching for you somewhere inside the church.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Everlasting flashbombs? Sounds like someone forgot to check for the old DS12!
    Yah, I thought I got rid of that, but it looks like it came back. That's the main reason why I'm trying to update this FM set.

So everyone please wait for the updated version.

Ghost

Trying to defeat Christine

All right, I found the real Christine... but I can't kill her for the life of me. Actually, for the life of Garrett!

I have one vial of holy water from the library up top the bookshelf, but only four arrows left -- and that doesn't appear to be even enough to dent her. I have two flashbombs. I have a sword. I have the plate shooter... but absolutely nothing seems to faze her. I've shot her with all four holy-water arrows, both flashbombs, and then pounded her several times with my sword; she just backs away and lets loose with those death rays from her sword, and I'm toast.

Is there some way to beef up my ability to inflict some damage on her? Some way to kill her? Some trick I somehow missed? A cache of water arrows somewhere? Maybe if I could shoot her twenty times, she might at least whimper a little.

I'm totally stumped.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    spoiler:
    I found 2 secrets: The chest with water arrow and the button by the statue (not sure what that did unless it is the small wall area with water arrows thats open); still can't find the other 2 secrets or a way out of here...need a big spoiler please. Thanks
    Coreyb2
    spoiler:
    First thing: did you examine the chest a bit closer, it's worth it!
    Second: did you find the sequoia tree and the note near the pavilion, then sit down by the campfire and a solution will catch your eye.

I'm still playing Mission 1 on Death Wish...I've got all the objectives but I'm still missing roughly 3500 in loot (out of the max) and 3 secrets. Can anyone tell me where's the key
    spoiler:
    to the art gallery
    ?

And oh BTW, I still haven't figured out how to lower the red force field, I guess it's one of those either you see it either you don't kind of things so I've given up on it

Anyway,it's time to move on to Mission 2, bit I'd still like to get into the art gallery.

As to the strategy, I've found that the best way to approach this mission to
    spoiler:
    start from the basement. It's pretty easy to stick to the shadows (and make everybody come to you) if you move up from there. But I guess it depends on the way you want to play this.

About Christine,
    spoiler:
    it took me about a dozen times but I finally managed to get her by hitting her first with 3-4 holy water arrows, then retreating back behind the screen, getting back, then attacking her with my sword while using 2 inivisibility potions and 1 of my 2 flashbombs, all the while sticking as close to her back as I could. It was difficult, maybe if I'd pulled back a few more times while sniping at her it might have been easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz
    Can anyone tell me where's the key
    spoiler:
    to the art gallery?
    spoiler:
    Be nice and help a pagan child to escape from this metalic prison in which it is currently held captive. Try fire arrows. The metal can be melted away and the poor child will be free again -- along with the key to the art gallery.

Oh, you don't have to do it that way. Try this instead:
    spoiler:
    shoot a broadhead into the large window in the hall with the font and then use the rope arrow to climb up. The guard up there will be running into the still locked door trying to reach you.

And oh BTW, I still haven't figured out how to lower the red force field [...]
    spoiler:
    Have you managed to open the doorway opposite to the holy water doorway? If not: search the statues where Christine made you so much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz
    I'm still playing Mission 1 on Death Wish...I've got all the objectives but I'm still missing roughly 3500 in loot (out of the max) and 3 secrets. Can anyone tell me where's the key
    spoiler:
    to the art gallery
    ? [...]
    You can use a very unorthodox way to get in the art gallery. Go to the middle blacony at the back of the house and jump down to the art gallery balcony (right).

But you need a health and a slowfall potion to do this!

Seems Im in need for a little help with the first mission (on Death Wish):

spoiler:
    Where do i find the keys for the locked rooms in the mechanists part (with the lose floort parts)? There a two locked double doors.

And:

spoiler:
    How do I open the secret door in the haunted library (the bookshelf). Played that mission already years ago and thought there was a book to frob. But I just dont find any. And I hope that way I find a way to get through those flying books in the other room?

Next:
    spoiler:
    Whats up with the gambling room? So much drama (the guards are all sleeping now ) but I dont find anything there...

And last but not least:

spoiler:
    I have found only 6 of 11 secrets. Could anyone point me to some of the not-so-obvious secrets?

Thanks folks
    Last edited by WildWilbur; 2nd Apr 2006 at 15:04.

OK found another very annoying bug!!!

I killed someone fairly early on and as the mission did not fail carried on not realising that the no kill objective had failed.

Everything was fine until I walked into the room with the trickster. As soon as the trickster appears and the new objectice bell chimes the game fails presumably on the no kill objective. How annoying is that!

Anyway it will have to be Ctrl-Alt-Del-End unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur
    Seems Im in need for a little help with the first mission:

spoiler:
    [1st] Where do find the second gear [...]
    [next] Where do i find the keys for the locked rooms in the mechanists part (with the lose floort parts).
    [last]How do I open the secret door in the haunted library (the bookshelf).
    I cutted the quote a bit. Now for the answers:
    First:
    spoiler:
    there are defective lanterns in this misson. You will find the second gear near one of them.

Next:
    spoiler:
    that one is devilish. It is near the lock. But you won't find it if you are too carefull with the household. (Remember my remark in one of the posts in this thread? I meant this key)

Last:
    spoiler:
    left side of the bookshelf with the broken ladder (look up and jump) -- a flare might help.

Jeez now I've started the last mission and the no kill objective has already failed before I've even started!

I didn't realise I was signing up to beta these!

I think some work is required on these. How come the beta testers didn't notice all this? Or did you make changes afterwards?

Mission 2 Level 2?

SinisterShadow or anyone that can HELP!
    I found the note and the tree, got the gold from the chest used Rocksand's key on chest even found a harp but can't see anything sitting by the fire near the tree....I was able to climb the rocks and get on the wall but that went nowhere. The rock wall must open right? I don't have a fire arrow or big mine...what am I missing? Thanks Coreyb2
    Last edited by coreyb2; 2nd Apr 2006 at 15:46.

Falling off buildings is fun!

Err It's nice to have quiet floors to walk on at last but the last mission seems to be set on light_bright. There are no shadows at all.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    SinisterShadow or anyone that can HELP!
    [...]but can't see anything sitting by the fire near the tree.... [...] what am I missing? Thanks Coreyb2
    spoiler:
    Look into the fire, there should be a fire arrow inside of it.

Missing Fire Arrow?

I'm sure that I got that fire arrow but now it's not in my weapons. Must have a glitch...thanks. Coreyb2

Forest of Despair question
    spoiler:
    got past the sequoia...and down the long ladder to the room that spawns all the baddies...with the dead guy at the bottom of the ladder...yies...what the heck do i do? i see a wall that looks like it should open, but how? i found the secret here btw...

oh yeah...and where is the button that coreyb is talking about Mission 2 The Forest Man's World?

spoiler:
    spoiler:

and
    spoiler:
    there is a pressure plate of sorts at one of the dead ends...it makes a vague noise, but nothing seems to happen...putting a rock or a harp does not hold it down, only when i step on it...what is it?
    Last edited by nil8hate; 2nd Apr 2006 at 19:14.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast