TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

The_Dude: I was a betatester for this one and I díd mention al lot of these remarks to Gort.
    I gues this is such a huge mission, that it's obvious the're still will be some troubles playing it.
    I myself find some answers on this forum that I never even new of .....
    Still, I think it's a great FM!!! Tough........ but great!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

somebody????

Well I finally finished. Interesting mission set. Much to praise, especially visually but it's also flawed and a little buggy in places.

Is it Thief? Does it matter? Not really but revolvers and ray swords. I'm not sure.

I would love to see Gort do a traditional Thief mission with good lighting and involving gameplay.

got past the sequoia...and down the long ladder to the room that spawns all the baddies...with the dead guy at the bottom of the ladder...yies...what the heck do i do? i see a wall that looks like it should open, but how? i found the secret here btw...
    Isn't there a clue about needing two people to hold down the pressure plate.

spoiler:
    ie. use the dead body and Garrett to open the door.

This mission set gets difficult after this level.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    Everything was fine until I walked into the room with the
    spoiler:
    trickster
    As soon as he appears and the new objectice bell chimes the game fails.
    You're basically at the end of the level anyway, there's nothing left to do but a very difficult
    spoiler:
    fight with the trickster

I was able to succeed at this point only because I made sure he was nearly dead BEFORE I entered the room.

Don

thanks dude...gonna go try it

This one drives me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    Next:
    spoiler:
    that one is devilish. It is near the lock. But you won't find it if you are too carefull with the household. (Remember my remark in one of the posts in this thread? I meant this key)
    spoiler:
    I presume you mean either the spider bot or the normal bot (which went to a little bot after destruction). I destroyed them both and used my 2 fire arrows on the "corpse". But that won´t budge. Did I misunderstood you?

spoiler:
    I managed to kill Christine (oh well) and have the sword now and the switch of Frederick. But I can find the location where I can use it....

spoiler:
    In the library with the floating books: Is there anything else besides the holy water upstairs? And is there a way to pick up the gold on the table?

Thanks in advance

ok tried what dude said and it made no difference...i am talking about the plate just around from the little park area...dead end....and nothing works...also, how do i get out of the
    spoiler:
    cavern with all the baddies at the end of the ladder? huh? huh?

Ghost

How to Kill Christine In Nine Easy Steps...

...Taking no damage and using as few resources as possible.

All right, I finally figured out how to get her fairly easily.

spoiler:
    1. From the entry hall right outside the room Christine patrols (where you land after teleporting), ambush her and shoot her with some holy-water arrows. This gets her mad.

2. When she chases you, run back through the teleporter, ending up back in the room with the plaque.

3. From there, go to the other side -- the room with the fake floor (don't go so far you fall through, or you'll be Purina Zombie Chow). Shoot a noisemaker arrow into the far right corner.

4. When Christine comes to inspect the noise, shoot her in the back with a fire arrow. This makes her really mad, and she'll probably start shooting at you (duck back behind the doorway).

5. One of two things will happen: if you're lucky, she'll get so mad she starts towards you -- and falls through the fake floor. No zombies get triggered (alas!), but she's safely trapped. In that case, skip to 7 below.

Alternatively, she stays on solid ground. In this case:

6. Keep leaning sideways around the doorway and plinking her with regular arrows, then ducking back when she shoots swords at you. Eventually, she either dies or else falls through the floor.

7. Go back the way you went before, back to the teleporter rooms, back to the entry hall. She's either dead or safely trapped in the zombieless zombie room. Click the secret statue switch. (Grab your noisemaker before leaving; may as well tidy up.)

8. Go back through the teleporter to the plaque room. Get Christine's sword (the easiest thing is to shoot a noisemaker behind the far left pillar; while Sir Fred is hunting for it, run up and grab the sword... then use it to kill him). Grab the switch.

9. Go towards the teleporters again, stopping to turn off the force field with Sir Freddy's switch and scoop up the loot. If Christine is still alive in the zombie room, continue on to the teleporters, get to the entry hall, go around to the room where she's trapped, and blast her to Tucumcari with her own sword (this is the funnest way to off the lady).

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 2nd Apr 2006 at 21:57.

No need to find the control room: mission 1

spoiler:
    I managed to complete this mission without even finding the control room, no Christine, no flying books, no red force field and no keys to three sets of doors.

Although it was not necessary, I got into the art gallery by shooting a couple of flame arrows at the door from outside, which led to the guards opening it from inside.

Once I had opened the backdoor I could walk through and finish the mission without turning off the sentries. The objective simply cancelled itself out.

still trying to find my way out of mission 2!!! please help!!!!
    at the bottom of the ladder with all the baddies....what next?????

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    still trying to find my way out of mission 2!!! please help!!!!
    at the bottom of the ladder with all the baddies....what next?????
    spoiler:
    Have you tried simply running towards the pressure plate straight ahead and up the incline carrying the dead Hammerite, dropping the corpse on the plate, then standing on it yourself, then making a dash for the closing wall? Throwing a flash bomb before making the run from the suddenly-appearing monsters may also give you some extra time.

oh, duh!!!! well, i finally got through...was putting the guy in the wrong place all this time...arghhhhhhhhh, well, onward and upward!

Mission 2: self-extinguishing torch

spoiler:
    How do I get out of here after getting through the 2nd wall? What is the significance of the 20-second-delay self-extinguishing torch?

I would recommend that this mission provide more hints throughout the game.

WEll...i finally finished forest of despair....quite clever. i LOVE the tiny tree beasts!! way cool. yeah, better clues would be helpful...but, overall....much fun
    wellllll, on to the next one!

How do I get out of here after getting through the 2nd wall? What is the significance of the 20-second-delay self-extinguishing torch?
    Another wall opens behind where the apebeasts were but up high when you light the torch. It's a real bugger to get through in time.

A good knowledge of Dromed is essential here. You wait for mission 3!

Ghost

How to Kill Christine Without Using ANY Equipment Or Taking ANY Damage At All!

This is so simple, it's almost like cheating....

spoiler:
    1. Teleport blah blah to the entry hall just outside the room where Christine patrols.

2. Wait (out of sight) until she passes the doorway and is walking away.

3. Run into the room towards the statue at the back left; look down about knee-height and click the hidden switch.

4. Don't stop running; just whip around and run into the teleporter again. Christine shouldn't be able to catch or shoot you. If you're worried, then run serpentine, like in the movie the In-Laws.

5. You find yourself back in the plaque room. Head down the now-open door to the sword room and fire a noisemaker into the back-left corner.

6. When Sir Freddy goes to investigate, run in and grab the sword; shoot Sir Freddy; grab the switch he leaves behind.

7. Run back up to the plaque room. Head towards the "straight and easy" path on the left, but don't go in (fake floor, zombies, etc.) Look into the room.

8. When Christine walks by -- either patrolling or still searching for you -- let her have it with her own sword. Keep firing until she turns into a puff of smoke.

Voila! Everybody's dead, you haven't used a single piece of equipment, and you haven't taken a single point of damage.

Sigh.

Dafydd

Another wall opens behind where the apebeasts were but up high when you light the torch. It's a real bugger to get through in time.

A good knowledge of Dromed is essential here. You wait for mission 3!
    Ahh yes! Thanks. Using a fire arrow from the farthest distance is the best way. Plenty of time in that case. But do you have a fire arrow left!?

Now for Mission no. 3, the one that everyone has been fretting over! Just watch me sail through this one....

This is so simple, it's almost like cheating....
    Dafydd, thanks about gazillion Your description of how to defeat Christine was about the coolest piece of advice I've ever read on this forum I'd better go and try that out at once.

....About 20 minutes later:

I loaded a previously saved game and followed Dafydd's instructions to the letter. It worked like a dream!
    Last edited by Roz; 3rd Apr 2006 at 11:22.

SinisterShadow gave me the following hint for Mission 1:

spoiler:
    Be nice and help a pagan child to escape from this metalic prison in which it is currently held captive. Try fire arrows. The metal can be melted away and the poor child will be free again -- along with the key to the art gallery.

Erm, where can I find
    spoiler:
    this little pagan girl? Can't remember...this time I headed straight for the back door, is she at the other end of the estate?

Mission 3 - stuck

spoiler:
    Is the information objective the mace? How to get the mace? Can't see how having a good ear for music applies.

Also what is the lever in the mechanist office for?

Fnally, how to open the angel room?

Now for Mission no. 3, the one that everyone has been fretting over! Just watch me sail through this one....
    I'm watching.....

Is the information objective the mace? How to get the mace? Can't see how having a good ear for music applies.
    No. But I have no idea how to get it! I can look in Dromed if needs be.

Also what is the lever in the mechanist office for?
    Is that the one behind the desk below the painting? If so it allows you into the room where the shutters came down and you were gassed to death before. I presume it turns off the traps! The information is in that room. It's near the library on the second floor.

Fnally, how to open the angel room?
    Isn't the key in the same office as the information? I never found the angel room! Where is it?

There are so many switches setting off chains of events miles away!

Did you turn off the alarm / security device in the hammerite church? And did you break into the back room of the bar? Did you find the secret in the bar?

Miss. 3 - still stuck

spoiler:
    Is that the one behind the desk below the painting?
    Yes, that one.

If so it allows you into the room where the shutters came down and you were gassed to death before.
    It does? I'll have to take your word for that.

I presume it turns off the traps!
    Which traps? It doesn't neutralise the gas chamber where the mace is.

The information is in that room.
    Where?

It's near the library on the second floor.
    How can it be in that room with the lever under the painting AND near the library?

Isn't the key in the same office as the information? I never found the angel room! Where is it?
    Angel room is on the ground floor behind the staircase.

There are so many switches setting off chains of events miles away!

Did you turn off the alarm / security device in the hammerite church?
    No, but I killed all the hammers, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And did you break into the back room of the bar?
    No, how to do that please?

Did you find the secret in the bar?
    Yes got the 2000 gold, thx.

About Mission 2,

Ahh yes! Thanks. Using a fire arrow from the farthest distance is the best way. Plenty of time in that case. But do you have a fire arrow left!?
    spoiler:
    There is at least one fire arrow hidden in caves.

essaniel

spoiler:
    the information is in the private office/ lab records room. Use the "magic" lift near the library. That lever (I think) turns off the traps. You will also find the key the the angels room or whatever in that room.

I haven't found out how to get into the back room of the bar either but there is only a load of fine wine in there.

Don't forget that the clue in the information is wrong. See Gort's earlier post!

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    Forest of Despair question
    spoiler:
    got past the sequoia...and down the long ladder to the room that spawns all the baddies...with the dead guy at the bottom of the ladder...yies...what the heck do i do? i see a wall that looks like it should open, but how? i found the secret here btw...
    spoiler:
    If you don't walk between the two torches, there will be no baddies: look to your right when comming from the ladder. There is a small ledge in the slope which you can easily walk on. If you knockout one of those apes above, you don't even need to rush through the door. Simply place the ape together with the mechanist on the plate and voila: the door stays open (until you reload though)

oh yeah...and where is the button that coreyb is talking about Mission 2 The Forest Man's World?
    spoiler:
    I only say floodlights

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast