TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

Wow, i have my own Company! That was unexpected. Cool gates too!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    essaniel

spoiler:
    the information is in the private office/ lab records room. Use the "magic" lift near the library. That lever (I think) turns off the traps. You will also find the key the the angels room or whatever in that room.
    spoiler:

I appreciate you helping me. Can you tell me where exactly in the room (inside the mech church in the room downstairs with the red carpet) is the info and the angel key? I can't see anything but a little music box in there.

Thanks

From the entrance to the mech building take a right and head towards the library. In the library take a right and take the "lift" up and there is a room with a silver sign called the "private office" in front of you. The information/key are in there.

Saith GORT:

spoiler:
    What you want to do is light the other torch. Right after you do that, run towards that wall. It will be open for so long.

I'm probably missing something obvious

spoiler:
    I lit the other torch (not the one near the apes, the other one ) Do you mean the wall with a small triangular opening in the upper part? It didn't move and I don't see how I'm supposed to get up there.

Is this a case of "no, not that one, the other one, the other left"

Hee hee, the openable wall is
    spoiler:
    close to where the two ape beasts were standing, but you'll need to run before it closes.

An ear for music

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    From the entrance to the mech building take a right and head towards the library. In the library take a right and take the "lift" up and there is a room with a silver sign called the "private office" in front of you. The information/key are in there.
    Ah, thanks, dude, I never got past the trap before to see that room.

spoiler:
    Now, somebody in this thread mentioned something about having a good ear for music being key to getting the mace. So I recorded the little melody in the music box in the red-carpet office and frobbed the angels' wings in the perfect order, heard a mechanical trap being disarmed, but low and behold, I still get gassed when I try to take the mace! Does anyone have a clue....Dromed maybe?

@ essaniael

spoiler:
    Right after you solve the order of the wings in the room of angel, you'll need to go back in the library to find the control switch. THAT will turn off the trap.

Got the mace!

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    spoiler:
    Right after you solve the order of the wings in the room of angel, you'll need to go back in the library to find the control switch. THAT will turn off the trap.
    Ahah! Just figured it out before you spoiled me. Thanks, Gort.

Tell me, has anyone figured out this level WITHOUT help from Gort or from Dromed?

spoiler:
    Finally (he laughs) is the code for the Mech Lab a simple mathematical forumla, ie. * = multiply, / = divide, etc.?

Yah, but the equation is wrong...
    spoiler:
    Just solve "66^2" and you'll get the code.

Mission 3 button sequence?

spoiler:
    UPDATED as I finally figured out the sequence of the buttons:
    1st button left of church door opened the locker; 2nd button in locker opened
    door up ladder, button there opens small door in floor in guards room, that button opens the right small door by window on 2nd floor which opens left door at same window. The Security door is now open. Go out the South double doors through kitchen before trying this (I made this mistake) as you will have to get rid of the guards to gain entrance to the Security door there first, then you have a clear path, after running the button game, at the door. Thanks Coreyb2
    BTW Gort this is a great FM, hard but great. If you ever have any time please do a WT I would love to play on all of the levels. Thanks.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 4th Apr 2006 at 19:05.

How to kill Constantine?

spoiler:
    I have blasted C with 11 fire arrows and not a scratch!

I can't create any special arrows with the machine because it is out of order.

Can you advise anyone?

I think it is on the second floor (first in England) at the back of the church. Same type of panel as the last door but on the wall on the right. Go up the stairs on the right as you enter the church and jus go straight ahead.

Hee Sluggs, wasn't it YOU who made the "Gloria's Doll Factory for me, where they made Dewdrop dollies",in a FM?
    Now you know how THAT feels!
    Isn't thát great???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gloria Creep

I also wanted to say (shooooooosh!!!) that I went to see the movie "Brokeback Mountain" yesterday evening. It made súch an impact on me, since I know a simular situation from very, very close friends of mine!!!!!
    How frustrating!!!

OK: It's nót Thief related, but I just wanted to share this with you Taffers.

I won't do it again, but this was special!!! Believe me!

BTW I'll be visiting Berlin for a couple of days .......so I won't be around much here on the forum.
    I know: I'm NÓT so "missable", but I just wanted to let you know, that: if you react on one of my replies, you MUST know that I don't wánt to ignore you .......... but: I'm just gone off (visiting this old German city for the first time, can you imagine that?!!!)

Back to the FM:"The Rebellion of the Builder".

I tested this one, but I gues: a walkthrough would be convenient!!!

For me also!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    Can you advise anyone?
    spoiler:
    Find Christines sword, hidden near the broken machine you mentioned in your post. You will have to find another hidden switch first (near another broken machine) and also to remove that stone wall block.

With the sword you will have no problem with Constantine. Stay near the enterance, close to the right wall and fire the sword rapidly. If you now think that was to easy: wait for a few moments after killing Constantine and you will get some more action.

Room of Angels?

spoiler:
    I'm in the Mechanist church, found key in Library for the Left Wing, and in the back corner I can hear a button that I frobbed but don't know what opened. Is this a timed switch also and if so please give me a spoiler as to what I need to do! Can't find a way into the Room of Angels or the rooms upstairs??? Thanks Coreyb2

Ghost

Totally stuck in Contradiction (mission 3)

All right, here is where I am (assume everyone is unconscious in each location):

spoiler:
    I went through the bar; I went through the Hammerite church (got the golden hammer without setting off the alarm); I got into the Mechanists' church using the key card found on a Hammerite.

I have been in the room accessed through the dark corridor near the stairs. I went up the stairs, but I can only enter one room there (the dorm on the right). There is another room there that I can two-thirds pick open; but now it evidently wants another lockpick to open, and I don't have that (somebody mentioned an "advanced lockpick" in an earlier post, but I don't know where that is -- I hope it's not back in town, because I'm not sure I can get past the gun-toting guards on the freeway overpass a second and third time!)

I went into the door to the right of the main hall, found a library with a desk; a book says he found the lost key and put it in the novice's friend's room -- but I can't find either room or key. Near the library is the Room of Angels, but I can't get in there.

I took the ride up the magic elevator, found another room with a regular elevator, found the room with the music box. There is another locked door up some stairs, but I can't open it. There is also a room-of-death around there.

In fact, I can't open any locked door in this entire facility. It's incredibly frustrating.

I went through the opposite door, where the roof had collapsed on a MechBot. I marched down a long corridor of bots to a hallway that leads to an empty room on the left -- and a room on the right with a golden mace, guarded by a poison-gas spitting MechBot. No joy that direction.

I read that there is a lever behind a desk under a painting; but I don't see any painting anywhere that I've been... so I assume this is in some other room I can't get into yet.

(Out of sheer frustration, I even knocked out four of the statues that come to life when you bump them from behind.)

I need a key! Or another lockpick. Can somebody please tell me what I've missed? Help!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Dafydd!!!

I'm in the same place you are and if someone gives you a spoiler on this it will really help me also. Now we wait....HELP someone!!!
    Coreyb2

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    All right, here is where I am (assume everyone is unconscious in each location):[...]
    I need a key! Or another lockpick. Can somebody please tell me what I've missed? Help!

Thanks,

Dafydd
    spoiler:
    In one of the hotel rooms there is an assignment for a thief, about a bronze object with a hint to the location as well. Look for a thief who seems to be searching for something.
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 4th Apr 2006 at 21:26.

SinisterShadow!

Thanks for the tip that really helped, I had forgotten about the note in the hotel telling about the object (key) between the double lightpoles. All the Hammers and Mechanists are fighting in the streets...it's a mess out there. Now I'm trying to get out of the gravity room....I got the key from the chest so I have to get back on the pipes. Thank goodness for quicksave!!!
    Coreyb2

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    Yah, but the equation is wrong...
    spoiler:
    Just solve "66^2" and you'll get the code.
    okay...for those of use who are math impaired, what does ^ mean? and could you just TELL me the number?

btw...i am pretty sure i have "played" the wings right...but no result...can someone tell me the order they did it in?

Sorry GORT, I guess I'll just have to wait for the walkthrough,
    spoiler:
    couldn't get either of the two grey walls or any other part of the wall in the cae with the two apes move.

Anyway, I ended up with 3380 loot and 3 out of 4 secrets, so that's pretty cool for me,
    spoiler:
    although I had to kill a lot of treebeasts to get that

Mission 3 looks really cool, although I'm not usually that fond of modern, metal missions (I hated the Soulforge). But the textures here look great, and also strangely familiar...I wonder why? BTW, thank you for the wall to wall carpet

Hm. Did Christine III
    spoiler:
    get her sword from here? That'd explain a lot.

THE FOREST OF DESPAIR - HELP!

I cant find my way out of the forest of dispair. I KO'd everyone i saw and snagged whatever loot i could find. got the ladys key and used it and found switch behind spotlight. I cant find a way outta here. I need spoilers or a walkthrough. Please Help!

Ghost

Almost finished, but....

Thanks, SinisterShadow, for the hint; I found it and continued on to steal the mace. But now I have the objective to go to the Mechanist Laboratory, and I'm not sure where that is.

I think (just because it's the only unopened door) it's the locked double doors just inside the route to the mace, left of where the fire used to be; but if so, I can't get it open with any key I have, and it's not pickable.

Also, somebody said that I would find something in the Mechanists' church that would allow me to open the locked door in the bar, but I haven't yet. The advanced lockpick doesn't work, and neither did the keys I tried, though I haven't been back there since getting the keys in the sequence towards the mace. (Geeze, I should've just put this whole paragraph under the spoiler cover.)

I sure hope the key to the Lab isn't in the room the mace was in! I'd hate to have to go back there.

Sigh.

Dafydd

Room of Angels door?

spoiler:
    Some of the posts on this question are very misleading or are not correct. I'm in the room with the little music box and the switch under the big picture by the desk. What does that switch do? There is a room next door to this office with a strange machine, does this do anything? From what I read on this forum I have to get into the Angles Room so I can switch off the security system someplace in library...is that right? Need specific spoiler please. Thanks Coreyb2

Update: Went back and found what I needed (gas trap is turned off to the office) so that switch does work. The key for the AR was here also. Coreyb2
    Last edited by coreyb2; 5th Apr 2006 at 03:40.

Thanks, SinisterShadow, for the hint; I found it and continued on to steal the mace. But now I have the objective to go to the Mechanist Laboratory, and I'm not sure where that is.
    Go back to the bar and take a left at the t-junction not a right to the hammerite church. The building you want is just there.

It's all plain sailing now.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast