TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

Broken machine

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    Find Christines sword, hidden near the broken machine you mentioned in your post. You will have to find another hidden switch first (near another broken machine) and also to remove that stone wall block.
    spoiler:
    Hmm, another broken machine...I don't recall seeing one, apart from a spider bot and sleeping robot. Couldn't see any button near them tho. Can you possibly provide me with a hint at where that other machine is?

Ghost
    Gaaaaaaah! Now I need a fourth lockpick!

I'm sure that's what we get out of the thing Essaniael was asking about, right?

Cheese and rice. Gotta love the endlessly spawning gun gals. I second E's question... those are the only two other broken machines I found, and I didn't find what he was looking for, either.

Explicit instructions, please? Thanks,

Dafydd

Backroom in Bar?

Okay, so I've opened the door to the backroom, and
    spoiler:
    I've pushed the sequence of three buttons around the bar, but what does that do? I know there's supposed to be a secret involoving loot, but I can't find anything.
    A little help please?

Ghost
    Skulduggerist, look across from the bar: a tiny door opens in the wall.

Run like hell and grab; you've got about three seconds!

How did you open the metal door in the back of the bar?

Dafydd

Skulduggerist, I don't know about the Backroom, I was never able to open it (although I know roughly where the key can be found).

In fact I'd appreciate if youl could tell me where exactly it is?

But the buttons have nothing to do with the Backroom. After you've pushed the last one,

spoiler:
    look across the room from the bar counter, you'll see something, but you've got to hurry.

Okay, Dafydd got there first. BTW, this is a great series, extremely challengeing though. I never found any water arrows or endless flashbombs in Mission 3 so I had to do without.

Dafydd,
    I think the Mechanist Office Key opens that door, but I don't remember where I picked up the key. So no idea on
    spoiler:
    any loot in the backroom
    ?

...Finished!!! Wow. I want to play this again! Right now!

And this is to show what too many tiled floors and narrow escapes can do to a person: I wanted to replay the whole series, but this time on "Man's World", so I could

spoiler:
    head for Christine's sword straight away, and then I would shoot everybody, I mean everybody, on this estate. Then I was planning to go and jump up and down on that marble floor in front of the fountain in the back hall. But the book switch doesn't work that way on this difficulty level. Rats.

Oops. Strike that.
    spoiler:
    Wrong book, spent right now 30 minutes at Massacre Central

Anyway, started replaying it on Death Wish. Now that I know how to do it, it took me about 5 minutes to break into the manor and open the back door. I don't know about the rest of the mission, let alone Missions 2 and 3. I doubt whether they are going to be that easy.
    spoiler:
    Anyway, I can blast the haunts and bots now...
    Last edited by Roz; 5th Apr 2006 at 14:46.

Would some please elaborate on how to find Christine's sword . I have to finish this mission pack before I get too fustrated and go freakin' postal on my poor pc .

Fourth lockpick

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Gaaaaaaah! Now I need a fourth lockpick!

Dafydd
    spoiler:
    The fourth "lockpick" is not actually a lockpick but another implement that may be found in the basement near the broken spiderbot.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    Would some please elaborate on how to find Christine's sword . I have to finish this mission pack before I get too fustrated and go freakin' postal on my poor pc .
    bdlk, Dafydd had an excellent strategy for that, it's somewhere on page 5-7 on this thread.

Ok, 3rd mission, Mechanist Church.

spoiler:
    Where EXACTLY is the key to the locked double door left from the entrance (with the broken mech)? When itīs in the library then: Where? I searched them damned bookshelfs for a hour... Is the double door the way to the mace? And am I really supposed to get by them hyperactive mechs? What is the button in the edge of the library for, that is frobbable but cannot be seen? And how the hell am I supposed to know of this button? (read about it in this thread, never had found it on my own...)

I already solved the Angel Room and have the next objective for the mech lab but want to finish the Mech Church first.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    okay...for those of use who are math impaired, what does ^ mean? and could you just TELL me the number?

btw...i am pretty sure i have "played" the wings right...but no result...can someone tell me the order they did it in?
    1st: x^y means x to the power of y. In this case you should calculate the square of 66 and that is 66*66 and that is 66 times 66. The solution number has been already posted several times in this thread.
    2nd: left and right means here relative to standing directly in front of the statues and looking into their face. Now pull out your compass and the correct sequence is:
    NW left, SE right, NE right, SW left

[edit]Keywords: angel wings code music[/edit]
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 9th Apr 2006 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73
    I cant find my way out of the forest of dispair. I KO'd everyone i saw and snagged whatever loot i could find. got the ladys key and used it and found switch behind spotlight. I cant find a way outta here. I need spoilers or a walkthrough. Please Help!
    Did you reach the Treebeast section? And to make things clear I don't mean that Treebeast standing in front of that chest in the forest.

Just to let everyone know about the fourth mission...

OK, there are some doors that require more than the lockpicks you start with.

spoiler:
    The screw drivers can also be used as lockpicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Thanks, SinisterShadow, for the hint; I found it and continued[...]
    I think (just because it's the only unopened door) it's the locked double doors just inside the route to the mace, left of where the fire used to be; but if so, I can't get it open with any key I have, and it's not pickable.
    spoiler:
    The key you need is the "Left Wing Key" which is located in the mechanists library

Also, somebody said that I would find something in the Mechanists' church that would allow me to open the locked door in the bar, but I haven't yet.
    Do you mean the Backdoor? If so the key you are searching for is the "Mechanist Office Key", located in the chest in the high gravity room.

I sure hope the key to the Lab isn't in the room the mace was in! I'd hate to have to go back there.
    spoiler:
    You can try to lure the combatbots in this area into the burning fire, so they eventually get destroyed: head for the high gravity room but stop at the big hole in the floor (in the shadows of course) then jump a few times to make some noise. The combatbots will come in a haste to investigate. If you are placed right they won't see you and sometimes one of them runs through the fire and takes damage. If you get one of those golden bots to explode while the others are still around you have destroyed if not all but at least most of them in one go, without wasting any ressources. If there are combatbots left or they are returning back to their starting room, you repeat the complete procedure. It could take quite some time though.

Broken machines in Mechanists Labs

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    spoiler:
    Hmm, another broken machine...I don't recall seeing one, apart from a spider bot and sleeping robot. Couldn't see any button near them tho. Can you possibly provide me with a hint at where that other machine is?
    spoiler:
    You will also need an "upgrade" to your lockpick collection first. (See GORTs post). Then head to the place where you found keycard #1.

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    spoiler:
    The fourth "lockpick" is not actually a lockpick but another implement that may be found in the basement near the broken spiderbot.
    Hope you found the fifth "lockpick" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    How to find the sword depends on which mission you are currently playing.

Hidden sword

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    You will also need an "upgrade" to your lockpick collection first. (See GORTs post). Then head to the place where you found keycard #1.
    spoiler:
    Ok, so I opened the door to the other machine and fired an arrow at the button next to the note that says "Do not push this button" (which nearly killed me). But I still can't see any sword near the crystal conversion machine in the basement.

That's not the button!!!

spoiler:
    It's actually a leaver. Search to the right of the room. It's hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur
    Ok, 3rd mission, Mechanist Church.

spoiler:
    Where EXACTLY is the key to the locked double door left from the entrance (with the broken mech)? When itīs in the library then: Where? I searched them damned bookshelfs for a hour...
    Did you search the bookshelfs from above?
    spoiler:
    Is the double door the way to the mace?
    No.
    spoiler:
    And am I really supposed to get by them hyperactive mechs?
    spoiler:
    You don't need to do that, if you don't care about loot.

Doomsday Project Mission 4?

Having a problem with the gravity room. I jump and up we go but I can't move into the room. Can't jump, creep or walk off...is there a trick to getting off this thing? Thanks Coreyb2

spoiler:
    Due to the way this game works, you can't move in mid air from a stand still jump.
    So, you'll have to do a walking jump.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    That's not the button!!!

spoiler:
    It's actually a leaver. Search to the right of the room. It's hard to see.
    spoiler:
    To the right of the room or to the right in the room? I can't see any lever in this room with the machine bearing the red LED numbers.

spoiler:
    It's right to the right side of that machine. The machine is blockin' the view, but you can still move the lever.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast