TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Rebellion of the Builder" Mar. 29/06

Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    spoiler:
    It's right to the right side of that machine. The machine is blockin' the view, but you can still move the lever.
    Okay got it at last! Thank you.

Has anyone ever found that lever wthout your or Dromed's help?

There was one, but I'm not going to tell who.

The Unstable Destination

Well, I finally killed Constantine.

But the next mission, no. 5 truly lives up to its name on my PC because as soon as I click on *continue* to run The Unstable Destination, Thief 2 bombs out back to Windows with a Windows error message.

Very unstable I'd say.

Any cure for this? I thought there were eight missions?

That's strange. That shouldn't of happend.

There's only five missions.

Erm, Level Three: Contradiction Of The Builder.

How do I Get into the Hammerite Temple OR The Mechanist Temple
    I already have the object mentioned between the 'two posts'.
    And I've cleared out the hotel

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    Erm, Level Three: Contradiction Of The Builder.

How do I Get into the Hammerite Temple OR The Mechanist Temple
    I already have the object mentioned between the 'two posts'.
    And I've cleared out the hotel
    spoiler:
    Start with the Mechanists Church. You'll need the key from the guy who had the conversation with the Guard in the hotel.

mmm after got the Christines sword , im change to Bj and back to sword but the Cristinies sword gone ?!, there is no more ! looks like im lost the Cristinies sword

It should be there. Use the weapon cycle keys instead of the number keys.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT
    It should be there. Use the weapon cycle keys instead of the number keys.
    oh! tanks work now

Oh dear, Iīd never found that key there...

That one still buggers me:

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur

spoiler:
    What is the button in the edge of the library for, that is frobbable but cannot be seen? And how the hell am I supposed to know of this button? (read about it in this thread, never had found it on my own...)

And how am I supposed to get by them mechs? On Deathwish they donīt seem to take damage from the fire, I have no mines or something and there are so much of them, that even the Noise Arrow is not much of help because the mechs block the doorways...

Ignore
    spoiler:
    the invisible button. You're not suppose to frob that.

OK, about the mechs. Do you have any moss arrows? They are going to come in handy here. You can find some
    spoiler:
    outside the front of the hammerite church.

Well, right from the start of the Mech church,
    spoiler:
    I would head for the far left doorway. That way I'll be able to hide in the shadows without being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    1st: x^y means x to the power of y. In this case you should calculate the square of 66 and that is 66*66 and that is 66 times 66. The solution number has been already posted several times in this thread.
    2nd: left and right means here relative to standing directly in front of the statues and looking into their face. Now pull out your compass and the correct sequence is:
    NW left, SE right, NE right, SW left
    Thanks shadow...i will give it a try...and btw...i did read through the posts and did not see it...except for a reference for more MATH!!! anyway, off to play some music

4. Mission on Deathwish:

spoiler:
    Is there a way to turn off the lights in the room where the basement key can be found? I canīt knock out them golden skull guys, have no water arrows for the mech and no gas arrows for the mechanists in the room especially for the guard with the colt who two-shoots me. No flashbomb as well. So literally no chance to get the key alive.

I killed them golden boys and the mech. Knocked out the mechanists and shoot the wall near the broken machine in the basement with the fire arrow to find the secret as suddenly the missions failes. There was a No-Kill-Objective where no such objective was before... It would have been nice to know about that objective before screwing up my quicksave.

Mission 1: Sissy difficulty
    I went back and replayed.
    I still have not found the key that Wildwilbur mentioned in his earlier post about the two double doors + lockbox on the third floor.
    I'm referring to Wildwilbur's Post

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    Mission 1: Sissy difficulty
    I went back and replayed.
    I still have not found the key that Wildwilbur mentioned in his earlier post about the two double doors + lockbox on the third floor.
    I'm referring to Wildwilbur's Post
    spoiler:
    That key can be found by the room where the two mechanists (woman and man) sleep and turn on the light at once. In the room before their sleeping room is a table with two vases on it. They can be smashed with the blackjack. One of them contains the key.

I have the exact problem as essaniael, in that when go to last mission after successfully completing mission 4. Press continue get a black screen then a Windows error message.

P4 3.2G
    1.5G Ram
    Geforce 5800 LE, with current approved drivers.
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Hyperthreading has been turned off in the BIOS.

Missiona 1 to 4 worked ok. Mission 5 causes a crash.

GORT, well done missions. Thanks.

And why you didn't start separate thread for each FM ? Searching for help here is really pain...

I feel such an idiot. I'm replaying the series, and I'm in the caves in Mission 2. I got the wall open all right -- now

spoiler:
    I tried putting out the fire on the fire alter the first time I played this mission but I failed (I guess I hit the wrong spot as it sometimes happens). So naturally, heh, I believed that it can't be put out. This time I tried again, the fire went out, and what do you know, the wall is wide open.

Mission 4 Man's World?

spoiler:
    I found the basement key in one of the rooms under the big table left end but can't find the door it is to be used on or card key 4. Used the empty arrows and got all 3 types mentioned on the posted note by door in workshop but need gas arrow for the guard with helmet..I'm in the room above entrance 4, broke window and will try that way in. Thanks, Coreyb2
    Last edited by coreyb2; 6th Apr 2006 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur
    4. Mission on Deathwish:

spoiler:
    Is there a way to turn off the lights in the room where the basement key can be found? I canīt knock out them golden skull guys, have no water arrows for the mech and no gas arrows for the mechanists in the room especially for the guard with the colt who two-shoots me. No flashbomb as well. So literally no chance to get the key alive.

I killed them golden boys and the mech. Knocked out the mechanists and shoot the wall near the broken machine in the basement with the fire arrow to find the secret as suddenly the missions failes. There was a No-Kill-Objective where no such objective was before... It would have been nice to know about that objective before screwing up my quicksave.
    Here comes what works:
    spoiler:
    there is a security camera and a turret in the area downstairs. When entering this area the first time and there is no golden-hat nearby, wait near the door (works best if you are still outside of the room) in the light, so that the cam can see you and soon initiates the alarm. Now take a fast step to the side so that the arrows don't hit you. From time to time lean to the side and back so the turret restarts shooting at you. Do this until one of those golden-hats enters the area between the turret and the door. Step out of your cover and the turret will start shooting. This time the mechanist is in the line of fire and quickly gets killed. Again take cover and wait for the second guy. Repeat the procedure. After killing the second guy you can draw back to the low gravity room and knockout the allerted guard below. Wait for the cam to calm down. Now you can switch this cam off and head for the room with the key. The bot can easily be destroyed by using one of the nitro mixtures. Now the unarmed mechanist will come out. Blackjack him if you like. The mechanist with the gun is a bit tricky. If she is not already trying to find you, position yourself between the two doubledoors and open one of them, jump twice and close the door again. Now quickly head for the stairs and hide in the shadows. She will soon come to investigate. Now jump again. Wait until she is in range for your Blackjack and cream her. All kills you made this way doesn't count as your kills, so the hidden no-kills objective remains unfailed.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyb2
    spoiler:
    I found the basement key in one of the conference rooms under the big table left end but can't find the basement, or card key 4. Used the empty arrows and got all 3 types mentioned on the posted note on door by workshop but need gas arrow for the guard with helmet..HELP! Thanks, Coreyb2
    spoiler:
    The basement is sometimes already open. Don't ask me why. If you found that defective arrow-making-machine you are already in the basement. Which guard do you mean? The guy behind door #3? This one is easy going: simply ignore him. Well not quite: wait for him going to the right along that table then enter the room and jump onto the table, exploiting the incapability of AIs to follow you there, you can take yourself all the time you need to grab what you want, as long as you stay out of reach of this guy. When you have what you came for, run back through the door and drop (well float) through the hole in the floor. That's it.

Got key card #4.

Thanks. I got the card on the table and ran. I posted too soon, as soon as I tried again I just ran in and it worked.
    Coreyb2

Bombing out after mission 4

Quote Originally Posted by rastas
    I have the exact problem as essaniael, in that when go to last mission after successfully completing mission 4. Press continue get a black screen then a Windows error message.

P4 3.2G
    1.5G Ram
    Geforce 5800 LE, with current approved drivers.
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Hyperthreading has been turned off in the BIOS.

Missiona 1 to 4 worked ok. Mission 5 causes a crash.
    I went back in today (and I haven't rebooted my pc from then til now) and it worked ok. I guess there is some intermittent conflict going on somewhere. Perhaps it might help if you rebooted your pc and tried again.

The final mission has character!

Thanks Gort for a jolly good time.

ess

Multiple fiendish button hunts and meth popping ai's aside , taking out those bug beasts then failing the no kill objective nearly sent me into paroxysms of cursing . Thank the builder this one is finished . Seriously GORT , this was a beautifully constructed series and showed lots of innovation . What really took away from it for me was the button hunts and , to a lesser extent , the lack of weapons . These factors slowed the gameplay down far too much , not to mention having to go to the forms multiple times just to progress in a particular spot . All in all this was still most interesting to play . Thanks for all the work you put into this .

tough mission set, I'm relying more heavily on the forums than I'd like...
    in mission 2, the forest, I am by the sequoia but can't figure out how to open any doors in the rock wall. I know I need a fire arrow, but I can't see any place to shoot it (and I'm tired of hitting every place systematically!)

help, please?

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast