TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: soul stealing?

BANNED

soul stealing?

ok, i have the soul steal(or whatever) and summon scamp. i summon him, and steal his soul, but my soul gems dot fill up. whats happening, or what do i gotta do?

When I summon my Deadra I seems to only capture its soul like one out of every three times. Guess it can resist the spell or the capture. My starter skelly fills almost every time. The L50+ skelly has never filled once yet (after about 20 tries). Maybe just bad luck on that one.

Never tried the scamp.

Cheers,
    Martek

You have to have the appropriate level gem for the appopriate level monster. Rats and crabs go in petty, deadra go in greater or grand.

Has anyone gotten better effects with a black soul gem that they can't get with azura's star or grand soul gem?

I know you can put more souls into a black soul gem.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPendragon
    You have to have the appropriate level gem for the appopriate level monster. Rats and crabs go in petty, deadra go in greater or grand.
    I'm just using an Azura's Star. Should have mentioned that. Not sure how that plays into what souls I can get or not, or how easily I get them.

Cheers,
    Martek

BANNED
    i found out how, so... no need for help

BANNED
    for all you out there, summon, cast, and kill. but, fear not! the summoned creature wont attack you. might also be a way to increase blade/blunt, but i just thought of that. yeah. gotta kill it in 20 seconds or however long it is, but now im running out of soul stones...

Thing What Kicks
    Black soul gems are the best. Even better than Azura's Star I reckon.
    See, they can be used to capture humanoid souls, and as bandits level with you, their souls are grand. So make a few black soul gems then fast travel around a few bandit camps.
    Tada, lots of grand souls

BANNED
    how do you get black soul gems? and whats azuras star?

Black soul gems can be found in higher levelled Necromancer loot (meaning Necromancer hideouts and such.)

I'm not sure if I fully understand the process, but I think to make one you must find an altar outside a Necromancer hideout, then place an empty Grand Soul Gem in (?) it. Then wait. I think on a certain day every week, a ray of light will shine on the altar. You must then cast soul trap on the altar and the gem will transform into a Black Soul Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf
    Black soul gems are the best. Even better than Azura's Star I reckon.
    See, they can be used to capture humanoid souls, and as bandits level with you, their souls are grand. So make a few black soul gems then fast travel around a few bandit camps.
    Tada, lots of grand souls
    Are these worth more than other grand soul gems?

BANNED
    I really doubt it.

I haven't found it to be true either. In terms of power nor selection.

Thing What Kicks
    Cash wise, they're worth more than grand soul gems, but enchantment wise, they're equal.
    And yes, if you go to Dark Fissure on Turdas and wait for midnight, a light shines on the altar, at which point you cast your Soul Trap on the altar.
    Note: it may not ALWAYS be Turdas. I think it's moved forward and back a day on me before.

Edit: By the way, the light is pinkish in colour, and if you're standing too close to the altar, you won't realise it's active, so to make sure it's there move about 10-15 feet away from the altar.

What level souls Azura's Star can take? I tried to soul trap a high level dremora with Azura's Star in my inventory, and I got the message saying I don't have big enough soul gem.