TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

well, its not a matter of whether its fully functional or not. thats good that the beta is, but what im saying is, i dont want to install it simply because it IS beta. That means it could crash my game or who knows what. I don't want to mess up oblivion with a beta. thats all.

Thanks for the help, Scruggs, and thank you very much for the mod! I'm off to see Basso!

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Andrus
    Basso has recently had a massive crooked yellow box with an exclamation mark in it stuck to him.
    The latest official patch for Oblivion (v1.2 or Shivering Isles) messed up one of my meshes.
    A fix is coming...in the meantime you can safely delete the offending punctuation by entering the console (press ~), left-clicking the thing, and typing disable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict
    but can I install TA now without it breaking saves and also keep using OBSE loader?
    Of course. OBSE-enabled mods can be added and removed just like normal mods, and TA doesn't require you to restart with a new character. The only requirement is that you remember to always use OBSE_Loader instead of the normal Oblivion shortcut.
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarret
    well, its not a matter of whether its fully functional or not. thats good that the beta is, but what im saying is, i dont want to install it simply because it IS beta. That means it could crash my game or who knows what. I don't want to mess up oblivion with a beta. thats all.
    Understandable.
    Upcoming OBSE v0010 (sometime this week) should come without the "beta" label, if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Should I delete my old OBSE loader and install this new loader (even if I don't add new mods)?

Alrighty. Thanks scruggs.

I'm having a problem with OBMM. Whenever I try to use it I get an error message saying "obmm must be installed to OB's base directory" "in you have moved or renamed oblivion_default ini, please replace it".

I have no idea what to do. I've never moved or renamed it. I've installed and uninstalled so many times it's ridiculous. Strange thing is when I first installed it a few weeks ago, it worked fine. Then one day I went to install another mod and got this error message.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I download the file to my desktop then run it to the default folder which is OB. I do have other mods installed and they seem to work, (Francesco's, No physic guards and the BTMod), but would prefer to get this one working as I obviously don't have a lot of computer savvy.

Would appreciate any help.

Scruggs' mod is simply legendary.

I should say a few words about a Stremline mod:
    IT IS AWSOMELY WELL DONE!

New Martigens Monster mod:
    http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/fi...ster_Mod;78971

(highly recommended, works with OOO)

First: what's this necromancy warning? So what the post is more than 30 days old

Second:

I'm replaying oblivion using OOO, and I decided to go as a mage because I've never done that. Anyway, it pissed me off that my enemies can summon like 4 bears to attack me, and might magick was suggested to me. I don't know if I like it yet, summoning 6 fairly powerful pets at once seems like it might be overpowered. Anyway, it's working well except that if I use the races.esp, I get negative 4500 magicka. any ideas?

Mind you, without using races I still have about 500 magicka right now, so I'm not sure if this will be a big problem.

yah yah yah, necromancy whatever: its a stickied topic!

Question: In the images from the first link, where can I find that hat and jacket???

I'm usually all "tes4 can go orally pleasure me" but that, is elementarily cool.

A really neat thread. I would be honoured if you would include my own contribution. It's a mod originally made by brucevayne called 'Oblivion Sound Sets'. In this mod, your player-character can speak according to the action that takes place as well as providing a voice for whatever NPC you choose as your companion.

Here's the link: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12588

There is a complete set for Thief fans, especially. You can already play as 'Garrett' but now, after my own sound set, you can also play as a Hammerite. Likewise, there is a 'Hammerite' companion voice set so effectively you can play as Garrett with a customary 'strange bedfellow' in two. (Thief 1 fans will know what I mean by that).
    Hammerite Imperium Writer and Voice Actor inc. Oblivion mods - Lost Spires, Origin of the Mages Guild, Gates to Aesgaard & Silgrad Tower

Sounds pretty cool. Especially that you can stick Garrett in oblivion (his voice anyway)

I couldn't possibly read all the comments to this so...
    Are the mods compatible with oldblivion?

Thanks

is Best Pony
    You didn't suspect that in a thread called 'Oblivion Mods' they might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I couldn't possibly read all the comments to this so...
    Are the mods compatible with oldblivion?

Thanks

Oldblivion is a program that aids in running TES4: Oblivion on older hardware.

Well let's see now, I found this in the Oldblivion faq and I guess it answers your question.
    " Can I use mods with Oldblivion?
    Yes. Just set your mods through the ordinary Oblivion launcher, exit, and launch the game through Oldblivion."

cheers.

The OP has become a graveyard of dead links.

10 note
    A big part of that'll be because TESSource is now TESNexus. Ryushi really needs to update that... looking at it, the first post hasn't been updated in over a year.

It's too hard! I'd have to change pretty much every link

Anyway, Oblivion mods are now plentiful, with a large majority of them fairly decent. I started this thread up when there was probably less than a thousand in the world and I just wanted to point people towards the good ones.

Here's one I made. Not exactly Thief, but fairly close - at least to my tastes that is. Been a good long while in production, and has been improved by several members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibsen's Ghost View Post
    A really neat thread. I would be honoured if you would include my own contribution. It's a mod originally made by brucevayne called 'Oblivion Sound Sets'. In this mod, your player-character can speak according to the action that takes place as well as providing a voice for whatever NPC you choose as your companion.

Here's the link: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12588

There is a complete set for Thief fans, especially. You can already play as 'Garrett' but now, after my own sound set, you can also play as a Hammerite. Likewise, there is a 'Hammerite' companion voice set so effectively you can play as Garrett with a customary 'strange bedfellow' in two. (Thief 1 fans will know what I mean by that).
    In addition to this, I released a variation on one of the voices on the basis of a request. The race is a (demonic) Dremora and this is a STRICTLY ADULTS-ONLY mod for which you will need to switch off the adult filtering system before you download. This is because Kyndrulhu (that's his name) can be highly offensive: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17000 . Please note that there should be an update to this file soon once brucevayne finally implements my extra lines, which include racial slurs at the various races of Oblivion.

If you like it, please rate me using the TesNexus rating system.

These are really cool mods, I'm going to download most of them.

Hm, I don't suppose you can still download a lot of these mods? I seem to be getting error links on nearly all of the ones I'm interested in.

Will check ModDB just in case...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast