TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Living Nightmare by John Denison Apr. 6/06

d. Dec 2017
    Oh my gosh! I've been looking in anticipation for this FM for weeks and HERE IT IS. Thank you John. Will download now.

There was something about the servant that I never noticed before. Usually when an AI is standing around with a low alert level, they fidgit (lean left and right, small stationary movements) but there is something that had me rolling on the floor when I saw it. It's kinda graphic...
    spoiler:
    As I was sneaking up behind Mr. Oh Dear Sr, I noticed that his butt cheeks would squish together and then release.
    All of the people do this but it isn't noticable on AI that have clothing that hangs down and out from their hips.

Thank You John

This is a wonderful fm, i just need to get the vase and i'm done. I think its
    spoiler:
    down in the crypt area, I see a wall that looks like it opens up but haven't figured out how to do it

Good stuff

My feedback: A very good FM with a fantastic bonus!

spoiler:
    I couldn't believe that the invulnerabilty potion really works, but after I fell UNHURT into the lava, I could only grin for the rest of the mission!

Absolutely great mission! Well laid out, good effects, and fun. I've completed all objectives, but one. Can someone clue me in on how to kill the 3rd person?
    spoiler:
    I've killed the one in the prison cell, and the one in hiding.
    There's probably something obvious that I've missed

Woot!

Gotta DL this now!

Even us testers didn't get all the goodies!

The beta was great, can't wait to see the full deluxe version!

Transported and mission over

spoiler:
    Why am I transported suddenly to a place where an archer kills the dude and there is nothing that I can do about it and the missions fails?

Is this on a timer or something?

Well Mr. Oh Dear Senior
    spoiler:
    is being shot by an archer, and it actually takes a while because he drank his own version of an invulnerability potion. It wasn't a complete potion, so eventually he will die. I gave him enough hit points to allow about 5 minutes to activate the turrets.

There's no timer, it just depends on how long he will last. After you complete the first objective you don't have to worry about someone trying to kill Mr. Oh Dear Senior. When you get teleported then it means you haven't competed objective 1 yet.

It's easy.
    spoiler:
    Go to the front desk and look up. Then look around for a set of buttons nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Well Mr. Oh Dear Senior [...]
    After you complete the first objective you don't have to worry about someone trying to kill Mr. Oh Dear Senior. [...]
    Well, that's not quite right.
    spoiler:
    I lured the treabeast into the foyer where Mr. Oh Dear Sr. was standing -- of course after I switched the turrets and I checked the objective screen and the "don't let Mr Oh Dear Sr. die" objective was clearly disabled. The treabeast startet to whack him and finally killed him. Strangely the mission instantly failed with an X in the objective not to let Mr. Oh Dear Sr. get killed.

Nevertheless it's a fun to play mission.

d. Dec 2017
    Enjoying this FM tremendously. I see you're on line now John. Is there a certain order I need to use to
    spoiler:
    place the objects on the transporters? The glasses were placed on a pedestal and I'm assuming that is right because they started glowing. No other item would do that when placed.

I was blown away by
    spoiler:
    the room where the invulnerability potion is placed. Had to do it again just for fun.

One minor problem that I don't know if anyone else encountered:
    spoiler:
    Going up the elevator in the adult wing, I was unable to get off on the 2nd floor. I froze momentarily and was then thrown out into the garden where the benches are.
    This happened 3 times before I was able to arrive at my destination.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on the release of this long awaited FM.
    It was well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    Well, that's not quite right.
    spoiler:
    I lured the treabeast into the foyer where Mr. Oh Dear Sr. was standing -- of course after I switched the turrets and I checked the objective screen and the "don't let Mr Oh Dear Sr. die" objective was clearly disabled. The treabeast startet to whack him and finally killed him. Strangely the mission instantly failed with an X in the objective not to let Mr. Oh Dear Sr. get killed.

Nevertheless it's a fun to play mission.
    The treebeast is so large and moves so quickly that it can move across the small doorway that is blocking AI access. In dromed terms, the crypt door has block pathfind on it so that the haunts won't leave the crypt, and the guards/bystanders won't wander in. On rare occasions the treebeast would incidentally cross the block pathfind area. If you didn't get Mr. Oh Dear killed by summoning him into the crypt, you will fail the mission.

I did capture some video with Fraps of Mr. Oh Dear Senior wandering into the crypt (after I shoved him through the doorway) and being the idiot that he is, he wanted to invesitgate the haunts. It was like seeing a stick person at a warthog convention.
    Last edited by john9818a; 6th Apr 2006 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon
    Enjoying this FM tremendously. I see you're on line now John. Is there a certain order I need to use to
    spoiler:
    place the objects on the transporters? The glasses were placed on a pedestal and I'm assuming that is right because they started glowing. No other item would do that when placed.
    There is no order, but each object will only work on a specific plate.

I was blown away by
    spoiler:
    the room where the invulnerability potion is placed. Had to do it again just for fun.

One minor problem that I don't know if anyone else encountered:
    spoiler:
    Going up the elevator in the adult wing, I was unable to get off on the 2nd floor. I froze momentarily and was then thrown out into the garden where the benches are.
    This happened 3 times before I was able to arrive at my destination.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on the release of this long awaited FM.
    It was well worth the wait.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

While testing I was able to hop out through the elevator wall, but it won't happen if you stand in the middle of the elevator. It only happens if you press against the outside wall while going up.

Just tried to download this mission, and something seems to be a bit off at thiefmissions.com. When I try to download it, I get a message that the URL the mission is at isn't available. Is this happening to anyone else?
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I just downloaded it now. The same thing happened to me the other day, and I fixed it by reseting my router.

In Thief DS if you hit a wall with your BJ it collides. Normally in Thief I and II the BJ won't collide, but I enabled this in my FM.

I had a lot of fun while making this FM. That servant is the only one who would run up to a rat (no other ai around) and say "I saw an intruder, protect me!"

Thank you Nightwalker for compiling a loot list. You can download it from here.

Thanks Sluggs I even used one of your rox at the beginning.
    I noticed my beds and benches but i never saw the rocks! Thanks for using my stuff man.

spoiler:
    As I was sneaking up behind Mr. Oh Dear Sr, I noticed that his butt cheeks would squish together and then release.
    Ah yes, the old Bum Buster routine, as seen in Scary Movie 2!

in the crypt

i'm in the place where i'm doomed to wander eternally if i dont get the complete treasure, how do i get to the golden torc?

Quote Originally Posted by blow
    i'm in the place where i'm doomed to wander eternally if i dont get the complete treasure, how do i get to the golden torc?
    When you have found all the loot in the rooms, you can reach the torc.
    Full spoiler: check the zombies

golden torc

thanks, mission finished! and a great one too.

d. Dec 2017
    Another question:
    spoiler:
    where is Joe's bottle? I think I had it at one time, but not in my inventory now.

Thanks....

Nevermind...found it!
    Last edited by Dawggon; 7th Apr 2006 at 18:12.

secrets?

Does anyone know if the
    spoiler:
    light spot up in the tower is a secret door? If it is how about a hint on how to open it.I'm missing a thousand loot and one secret for perfect game.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Landlord
    Does anyone know if the
    spoiler:
    light spot up in the tower is a secret door? If it is how about a hint on how to open it.I'm missing a thousand loot and one secret for perfect game.
    spoiler:
    Try someting on the other side of the room.

d. Dec 2017
    G.L. Did you frob the
    spoiler:
    light behind the ladder in the tower?

I need the vase to complete. Would someone tell me
    spoiler:
    how to open the door in the crypt near Pete's cell? Or, how to get below the fallen statue above the lava. The door I spoke about highlighted when I fired fire arrows at the two statues nearby, but was unable to open.

Gracias

Dawggon,

spoiler:
    That door cannot be opened from this side of the crypt, it's a exit. Destroy the statue, with weapon of your choice. i used a fire arrow

d. Dec 2017
    Thanks Shadows. I tried that but probably didn't use enough ammo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast