TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Thief 1/2 Soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Dimand
    So I though you might like to see this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_toMXfKOI
    Just to prove I’m enjoying myself.
    Nice Dimand! (I watched that video, its pretty cool. That game looks kind of neat, ill probably try the demo)

And welcome to the forums.

Hey, thanks CoK for the individual songs!
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 29th Feb 2008 at 12:10.

God, I just found this... Child Of Karras, the work on the music from the cutscenes is remarkable!

Oh how much I always wanted that music from the Viktoria intro...

You won't understand most of this clip, but at 1:25 the CoK has included a version of this material and also at the end you can listen to a modified rock version of it, by the way, all Dark Dialect trailers feature original music if you listen closely. If extracting the music from the movie wouldn't have worked, I would have made him play it himself.

After all, they have accused us of anything concerning these clips, but the sound and music was always fine.

Actually I know German pretty well

Fun stuff

...and should you question my ability to understand the dialogue, I should perhaps make it clear that I spent much of my childhood listening to EAV
    Last edited by van HellSing; 5th Apr 2008 at 15:40.

"Wo ist der Kaiser?", that's right. So you're well-prepared I guess. Thanks again.

Just wanted to give my thanks to Beleg/ CoK for the thief gold "official" soundtrack... I love it.

Also, spix's circlet, I found the song on youtube for the trance song with thief voice clips in it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq582vlTRus

I rather like this song

The Thief Gold soundtrack by CoK is amazing! I hope a similar Thief 2 soundtrack is coming soon.

Is it possible to obtain FLAC versions? Because I downloaded two versions, a single-file 192 kbps and a split-file 224 kbps version - the latter sounds better, so I think a FLAC version would be the best sounding. I also noticed that the runtime is different: the single-file version is 80:55 and the split-file version is 84:26 - why is that?

Also, I keep hearing a loud click at the very beginning of the split tracks.

The Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by poroshin View Post
    the single-file version is 80:55 and the split-file version is 84:26 - why is that?
    In the single file the tracks are blended. This was also done to make it fit on a CD. In the seperate files there's a beginning and and end to each track. Over all those tracks that adds up to about three and a half minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magpie View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, this was spoken by a true artisan. Hat's off.

--
    L.
    The funny thing about that accolade is that Karras is right. It really isn't hard to do this. In fact, you can get most of those "tools" he mentioned for free on the internet, these days... Seriously, having expensive mics and boards and actually recording sounds, then mixing them takes the real "talent". Nonetheless, it is nice that someone like Karras went through the motions and took the time to do the work involved. That is the accolade.

I know, thread necromancy right?

A usable album picture for The Golden Soundtrack. Just thought I'd share it in case anyone might want it.

I wanted an album picture for my ipod so I made this for the soundtrack. In case you are wondering why now, because I just did it today.

The reason the picture looks different than normal (other than the blue text) is because I used Ink Sketch to give it a different look.
    Attached Thumbnails thief..png  
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 28th Mar 2010 at 10:50. Reason: added info.

ZylonBane
    But... it's terrible.

1. This isn't a contest.
    2. Make one better or shut the f up.
    3. I didn't ask for feedback.

hahahahahaha

Soundtrack Download

Covers Download

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    1. This isn't a contest.
    2. Make one better or shut the f up.
    3. I didn't ask for feedback.
    Don't take it personally.
    I have yet to encounter the thread where ZylonBane isn't a gaping asshole.

On the subject of Thief: Golden Soundtrack covers...
    I made these covers for my own personal use. (All I did was translate the basic design that the German versions used) Use them if you like:

Fakk3 - Thanks for the link to the soundtrack!!! Greatly appreciated!!!

I can only hope they have Eric B. doing the soundtrack for Thi4f. Sacrilege if he's not...

Here's Child of Karras' Thief soundtracks in lossless format. I think I got these from the man himself a few years ago because otherwise all I could find was the MP3 version.

Files have been re-encoded in FLAC 1.3.2 and tags have been re-done for additional detail.

Thief: The Dark Project - The Golden Soundtrack
    Thief II: The Metal Age Soundtrack

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456