TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

Taking the Death Toll

From the great grayly legal realms of abandonware, Nightmare Creatures. I had this for the N64 over ten years ago, never beat it. Still might not. It's a bog standard horror beat-em-up, but the extremely crude graphics and muddy audio do a better job in conveying a creepy, crawly Victorian London than you'd think.

Played that and the sequel on PS1 when I was younger. Good stuff, very raw. Gave out some intense atmosphere vibes for a 15 year old kid that hadn't seen anything like it before.

Taking the Death Toll
    WTF we're linking to abandonware sites now?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrog View Post
    From the great grayly legal realms of abandonware, Nightmare Creatures. I had this for the N64 over ten years ago, never beat it. Still might not. It's a bog standard horror beat-em-up, but the extremely crude graphics and muddy audio do a better job in conveying a creepy, crawly Victorian London than you'd think.
    OMG, I completely forgot about that game. Wow, was it bad. I would love to replay the PS1 game again, if only to see how poorly it has aged.

Telltale Games are up to their free-game shenanigans again, though this time you have to fill out a survey to get it:
    Sam & Max developer Telltale Games once again has free episodes of their adventure series up for grabs today, but they're asking for a little more work than usual this time around: In order to receive your free downloadable episode from any of Telltale's series, simply fill out their brief survey.

Redemption codes for the free games will be sent via email within a week or two of completing the questionnaire, though our friends at Telltale would like us to note that supplies are limited. So if you don't mind exposing yourself to a little overt marketing to secure freebies, then you'd better act fast.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    OMG, I completely forgot about that game. Wow, was it bad. I would love to replay the PS1 game again, if only to see how poorly it has aged.
    :backhand across the mouth: SHUT UP! I loved Nightmare Creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Vraptor7 View Post
    Telltale Games are up to their free-game shenanigans again, though this time you have to fill out a survey to get it:
    Sweet, thanks!

I stood in the souvenir shop of York Dungeons for hours playing Nightmare Creatures.

Moderator and Priest

as seen on rps

ROBOKILL TWO!

It's exactly what they say over at RPS, like Smash TV mixed with Diablo. Great good fun right here, I recommend everyone play it.

That's sounds awesome. Checking it out.

The world really needs more Smash TV-influenced games.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    ROBOKILL TWO!

It's exactly what they say over at RPS, like Smash TV mixed with Diablo. Great good fun right here, I recommend everyone play it.
    Definitely worth your time to play. Same with the first.

Do note that the full version is $9.99 for either.

Take Care Around Edges

Moderator and Priest
    Taking care around edges is for giant pussies. I haul ass on the edge, man. At ALL times.

Also I'm really deeply considering buying this. The only thing keeping me from grabbing it now is that I don't know if they offer a downloadable executable when you get it.

Moderator and Priest
    One Button Bob.

I think I've got the high score out of everyone on RPS at 241 clicks. Lets see if anyone on TTLG can beat me.

Okay.

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in myself for taking 30 clicks to beat the final boss. That was terrible.

Moderator and Priest
    Damn. I got down to 218 and didn't save a picture. You hold the best score...for now.

And the boss. Once you get the pattern down, you can beat him in 4-5 clicks. Basically you go at him, go backwards when he approaches, go forward when he retreats, then go backwards a good way til the 3rd boulder falls, time it so you go past the 3rd while the fourth falls, and you'll kill him as you approach. Throw in a couple extra clicks in case your timing is off and you've got it.

edit: 205!
    Last edited by Renzatic; 8th Feb 2010 at 22:58.

It could be done in less, but I think that's about it for me.

God, that descending spike ceiling SUCKED. It was like those god-awful 'sports' arcade games all over again. My mouse now hates me (not to mention the developer).

That aside, it was neato :)

Administrator
    What a truly annoying game. Thanks

The only problem is that it shows how bad I am at games in general. 207 clicks is the best I can do

Definitely a fun game, however.

Level 10,000 achieved
    441!

YES!

THE MOST CLICKS ON TTLG!

Chakat sex pillow
    Goddammit henke! You fuckin' beat my score!

Moderator and Priest
    DAMN YOU HENKEH!

The best score I've seen someone get 174. I don't think you could get much lower than that...though I am tempted to try.

Tower Climb is a promising game in the alpha stage. It's definitely inspired by Spelunky, taking place in a procedurally generated world, with lots of deadly situations, permanent death, and uncompromising difficulty.

Unlike Spelunky, this game takes place in a tower that climbs upward with no end. It's also pretty slow and deliberate.

Maybe it's the sparse, ugly graphics, the player's slow movements, and the hypnotic music, but this game reminds me of Mercerism from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

In case you missed the thread already in Gen Gaming, four Command & Conquer games legitimately free to download on the official site.

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944 ... LastLast