TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Torchlight is free for a limited time on ArcGames. Requires the Arc client. link

Elite: Dangerous store offer the original 1984 version of Elite for free. Requires creation of account to acquire. link

So Age of Wonders (1) is free on GOG right now now that GOG has started up their Winter sale. Highly recommended for strategy fans.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Free copy of Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition when you sign up for their newsletter.
    https://www.indiegala.com/store

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Dead Space and the Fallout Collection (1, 2 and Tactics) are free on gamingdragons.com.

It's kind of depressing when games you paid for but never played drop to "free".

Anyone interested in Year Walk and/or Dust: An Elysian Tail? If so, send me a PM and I'll gift them to the first two takers.

I've got an extra copy of Human Revolution DC if anyone wants it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Roguelight

A very nice roguelike platformer!

GOO GOO

Highscore: 35 stars!

Beat that, suckas.
    Last edited by henke; 18th May 2015 at 13:40.

I have a key to the Rainbow 6: Siege beta. My PC isn't good enough to support it, so PM me if you're interested in a trade.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

FREE Steam key for Skyborn. Looks like it's a Steampunk setting RPG made in RPGmaker.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/claim-your-fr...y-for-skyborn/

I have 4 Uplay keys for the Rainbow Six Beta to hand out.

I don't know if this should go here or in the giveaway megathread, but whatever. First 4 PM's gets them.

Cheers,

PC Gamering Smartey Man

http://segmentnext.com/2015/10/23/ta...-limited-time/
    Tales of Zestiria free DLC story-based DLC! Concerning the "female hero who leaves halfway through the game" which got Japanese otaku fans mad because they lost their waifu.

Offer ends Nov 19th.

The Earthsiege, Starsiege and Tribes games are now available for free.

I don't think this is a time limited offer, but if you have any interest in mech games the Earthsiege and Starsiege games are well worth a look. On the other hand, if you want fast paced multiplayer fps, the Tribes games deliver just that.

Thing What Kicks
    Shadow Complex is currently free for Christmas!
    Go grab either a Windows or Mac version from here!
    It's been a while since I played it, but I remember it being an enjoyable Metroidvania clone with great graphics for the size of the install.

Square Enix is giving away Omikron: The Nomad Soul (or, the David Bowie game) in its stores (Steam key, need to register and enter shipping info).

NA store (enter "omikron" as the coupon code at checkout): https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ul-pc-download
    EU store: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Nomad-Soul.php

I have it on GOG and I also played it when it came out way back when and it's basically a 3D action-adventure game with an interesting high concept but pretty unremarkable moment to moment gameplay. At that price, though, it's definitely worth checking out.

Last edited by Starker; 15th Jan 2016 at 15:31.

Oh man, that game brings back some nice memories. Thanks for sharing this. I remember when I played Omikron for the first time and my first impression was that the game could be really awesome. I thought that the idea behind the game was really cool and it had so much potential, but yeah, the actual gameplay was indeed a little disappointing. I always liked the beat-em-up "mini game" (but I fear that it'll feel just awful now) but the shoot-em-up bits were pretty bad even back then... I absolutely loved the "secret" underground The Dreamers (David Bowie) gigs in the game though. All of the songs were from his album Hours that was released around the same time, and while the album seems to have got pretty mediocre reviews, I fell in love with it and it's still one of my favourites by Bowie. Hmm, I never knew until now that the songs in the game are slightly different than the album versions.

I guess I'm gonna have to play Omikron again as part of my Bowie tribute week... My gaming backlog is never getting any shorter at this rate though, but this one's for you, Bowie!

CONSORTIUM is being given away on Steam this weekend. If you get it at that time, it will be added to your library permanently.

Kind of an interesting coincidence that two games breaking the 4th wall with their premise are being given away at the same time. Not sure how I feel about a game I helped kickstart being given away free after such a short while, though. I guess they are really trying to get attention for their second project.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    I remember when I played Omikron for the first time and my first impression was that the game could be really awesome. I thought that the idea behind the game was really cool and it had so much potential, but yeah, the actual gameplay was indeed a little disappointing.
    Yeah, and it's not the last David Cage game to fall apart in execution. Of all his games, it is certainly the most unique, though. I have the feeling that if he could just pull himself together enough, there's a potential for a really great game in him somewhere. Despite his games being interesting failures in one way or another, I'm kind of rooting for him. Fahrenheit was actually pretty good until it went all bonkers.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    CONSORTIUM is being given away on Steam this weekend. If you get it at that time, it will be added to your library permanently.
    It's to promote the launch of the Kickstarter for Consortium 2: The Tower Prophecy.

Is Consortium good? I picked it up because why not, but not sure whether to try it out or relegate it to my backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    It's to promote the launch of the Kickstarter for Consortium 2: The Tower Prophecy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Is Consortium good? I picked it up because why not, but not sure whether to try it out or relegate it to my backlog.
    I can't say I'm impressed due to blockier-than-bethesda animations and horrific voice acting and lip-synch tech from early 2000. Yeah, those are technical stuff but for a game that claims to have deep deep lore, those details are heart breaking. Could easily be the blend of system shock and mass effect but characters are soo wooden, I couldn't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    It's very rough around the edges, but it's not really all that bad for a first game. At least it tries and it's also short enough to just give it a go -- 4-5 hours, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    All of the songs were from his album Hours that was released around the same time, and while the album seems to have got pretty mediocre reviews, I fell in love with it and it's still one of my favourites by Bowie. Hmm, I never knew until now that the songs in the game are slightly different than the album versions.
    My recollection is that the songs were written for the game, and the album came later. Pretty unusual.

Omikron is a great game!! It has weak points -- in particular the first-person sections are sub-standard and get pretty annoying (enemies appearing behind you from locations you've cleared is just horrible design), and the end-boss is notoriously difficult and not enjoyable -- but the game was just astonishing when it came out, and the good easily outweighed the bad. I doubt there was anything else like it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I doubt there was anything else like it at the time.
    Well, there was stuff like Outcast. End of the 90s was kind of an amazing time.

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast