TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 49141924293439404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1197

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oooooh that's a good one! One of my fave metroidvanias.

Reason enough for me to install the epic games launcher. I may never actually buy anything on there, but a free game is a free game.

And now having tried out the Epic Games Launcher, definitely say that it has a fair bit of improvement needed. How do you even search for a game on there? I don't see any search bars or anything.
    Last edited by icemann; 8th Feb 2019 at 02:10.

You don't. I guess they don't expect anyone to own more than a screenful of games.

They do seem to be picking some high-quality games for their freebies, at least. I wonder how much they pay the creators for each game?
    I see Thimbleweed Park is up next, in two weeks' time. That's another game I was vaguely interested in trying at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Note that yesterday's version is missing a file that will cause a CTD upon attempting to enter the third zone. The issue has been fixed, so if you just grabbed and downloaded the version available yesterday and haven't run the Epic Launcher since then, you should do that before trying to complete the game.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Somebody from Thailand is already registered for Epic Games under my email. I changed the password and I changed my hotmail password recently (independently) anyway... Hope that's enough. Not sure what they even got out of that anyway? I'll take their free games, but no plans on putting my credit card info on it now, at least not under that account/email.

Edit: Good I saw this as Axiom Verge was near the top of my want list.
    They make it hard to find where it was even installed... since of course I just want to put it in my Steam library anyway.
    Can anyone tell me where it puts games?
    And what a bare & sad looking UI & system they have.
    Last edited by demagogue; 10th Feb 2019 at 07:09.

For me it asked me where to install it.

Yes but for reasons I didn't catch it then. Anyway, for Windows it installs itself in ProgramFiles & ProgramFiles (x86), but only one of them gets the games. Be nice if you could check the location from inside their system....

Not sure how I feel about something I gave money to be created be given away free so soon. It was the same with Consortium, but at least it was used to promote The Tower, the second part of it.

On one hand, I'm glad that more people can experience it, and it is very much worth experiencing, but there's a small selfish part of me that still gets irked.

All part of Epic's grand plan to lure everyone into finding out just how bad it's service is and hopelessly savage its first impressions before it can get up to speed and be a proper competitor.

...Am I even joking?

And now you have nearly two weeks to grab Slime Rancher for free from the Epic Store.

Today it's Grid 2 for free on Humble Bundle.
    Not interested in racing games myself, so I have no idea if it's any good.

It's not as good as the first one, and it feels like every race track is covered in ice. I had a pretty good time with it at the end of the day, though.

Bethesda are giving away Morrowind for free: https://bethesda.net/en/article/zTLJ...-elder-scrolls

Not sure whether it includes the expansions, though.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Not sure whether it includes the expansions, though.
    It's the GOTYE, so yes.

Technically speaking, that doesn't meet the "freebies for everyone!" requirement.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The Witness, free until April 18th.
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...e-witness/home

What's interesting about Epic's giveaways is that it almost exactly overlaps with games that have been on my wishlist for a long while that I wanted to play but never wanted to pay for.
    Every one so far I think except Oxenfree has been in that category, and Oxenfree would have been in that category if I'd thought about it.

The Epic giveaways have been quite impressive so far! The store is still a bit of a mess, but I think it's coming along just fine, and at least it's not a cluttered awful mess like Steam that is full of mostly useless features. Trading cards, badges, Steam level, experience points... Honestly, does anyone really care about these? I actually like Steam, but it'd be better without all that junk. I also definitely see it as a positive thing if Epic manages to create some competition, Steam have had it far too easy for far too long already.

Still Subjective
    Well I recommend The Witness. It can get pretty damn hard but it's pretty epic.

Thing What Kicks
    Not got Uplay on my work machine, so can't check if it's already available, but UbiSoft are apparently giving away Assassin's Creed Unity in the wake of the Notre Dame fire.

For what it's worth, I'd say that Unity (at least at this point and in its current state) is better than its reputation and the virtual Paris is downright gorgeous. Other than that, it's got the same strengths and the same weaknesses as most Assassin's Creed games. IMO it's worth it to check out Paris (and Notre-Dame) if you get any enjoyment out of beautiful places in games.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 49141924293439404142434445464748 LastLast