TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,146 of 1146

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

Enter The Gungeon free on the Epic Store! I've always wanted to play this and this game hasn't let me down, if you like The Binding of Isaac you'll love this!
    Last edited by SirLord Best; 15th Jun 2019 at 11:03. Reason: Added an l in Binding, DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by SirLord Best View Post
    Enter The Gungeon free on the Epic Store! I've always wanted to play this and this game hasn't let me down, if you like The Blinding of Isaac you'll love this!
    And if you skipped Binding of Isaac because of the themes, Enter the Gungeon is definitely worth a play.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Toonstruck is free on GOG for the next 41 hours! Toonstruck! Y'know, the 90's adventure game starring Christopher Lloyd, Dan Castellaneta and Tim Curry! I loved it back then. I dunno if it holds up, but I intend to find out. Downloading right now. I wanna GET TOONSTRUCK!

edit: yup, it holds up.
    Last edited by henke; 14th Jun 2019 at 17:05.

The only game I've found that comes even close to BoI is Our Darker Purpose. Let's see how this holds up, then. Also, yay Toonstruck!

Rebel Galaxy is free up on Epic now.
    This is one I bought, so that kind of takes some of the shine off this whole thing.

I haven't really played it enough to have an opinion yet. It's casual action... I think it doesn't even use a z-axis. Space battles are in a horizontal field. I mean it's more like WWII fighter dogfighting than space sim 'directionless' fighting. But it does what it says on the tin pretty well.
    Last edited by demagogue; 22nd Jun 2019 at 09:13.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Actually I'd describe Rebel Galaxy's combat more like naval combat, where you're circling and firing your broadsides at enemy ships. I also played a bit of it on PS4 not too long ago. Interesting, but not enough so to keep me playing.

I got really into Rebel Galaxy for a while, then burned out just as abruptly. It gets incredibly samey and grindy, there's little story or people to interact with in any meaningful way, and even the combat which is the bulk of what you get up to is boring and badly balanced and easy to game. The whole fiddling with the broadsides is pointless when you can get a ship that fits a lot of automatic turrets and just fly near exploding enemies, or hop into the high security system next to the starting one and hire a seemingly immortal high level merc who'll do everything for you. There's also a terrible country soundtrack, but that's easy to replace at least. I went with some Cowboy Bebop tracks since that (and Firefly) is what the game is trying to go for anyway.

Not to say it's all bad, as I did get at least a dozen hours of fun out of it. The sequel is also looking pretty good, and even breaks free from the XY-plane. Epic Exclusive for a year unfortunately.

Rebel Galaxy would have been great if it weren't so grindy. According to Steam I played it for 21 hours, and if memory serves I must have been like 1/5 of the way through the main storyline. And that was 21 hours of mostly doing the same handful of missions over and over until I had enough kit to take on the next story mission.

Epic's giveaway this round is Last Day of June.
    I guess the timing of this one was a pretty obvious choice.

The first part of the episodic adventure game Cognition is free until July 9:
    https://store.postudios.com/products...tion-episode-1

The latest Epic giveaway (until July 11) is Overcooked!

Doesn't look like something that I would normally play, and it seems to be meant for local co-op, but it has got some pretty good reviews so perhaps it's worth checking out.

And now the latest Epic giveaway is Torchlight. Something quite decent.

Age of Wonders III is free on Steam right now.

That's a nice one. Solid entry into the only series that has been able to scratch my Master of Magic itch. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat, if I didn't already have it.

I played the first Age of Wonders and I found it impossibly time consuming. Like, Masters of Magic for people who felt that game was too fast paced.

True, and the sequels are not much better in that regard either. I remember 2 in particular taking huge amounts of time. It's kind of par for the course for the genre, though. Alpha Centauri, HoMM, Disciples... they all take dozens of hours.

I just bought it in the summer sale too. Kind of ... odd for them to have this now. But it was already very cheap anyway, so no big deal.

LIMBO is free on Epic Games this round.

Another good one. What's going on Epic? Must have so much money to throw around, from all the freebies popping up lately.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Another good one. What's going on Epic? Must have so much money to throw around, from all the freebies popping up lately.
    Did you miss their announcement of having a new freebie every two weeks around the time they launched the Epic Games Store? Also Fortnite (aka. lootboxes) netted them around $3 billion in profit last year, which then prompted them to push their launcher into a store.

Ah. Was not aware.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546