TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1252

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

Yeah, they did, back in August.

Tomorrow's game is Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
    One of my best games of 2016, well worth picking up for those who don't already have it.

Indie Tactical RPG Tower of Time is currently free on Gog!

https://www.gog.com/game/tower_of_time

and Hello Neighbor is today's giveaway on Epic Store!

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...-neighbor/home

The GoG one is not available to those in PAL regions I think. When I went to Tower store page on there, it was at normal pricing.

The GoG one can only be claimed in a banner in the middle of the main page, it features a 'Get it FREE' button. All the other links don't seem to work properly.

Seems like they saved the best till last Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is the last of the 12 day giveaway on Epic Games Store!

Happy New Year folks!!

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...ible-lair/home

For the next week or so, Epic is giving away 3 titles:

Darksiders Warmastered
    Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive Edition
    Steep (requires UPlay)

Steep is always online for the core game, and the online parts are mind-numbingly stupid. Offline it's completely empty and silent-- no objectives or events, just pure mountainside to ski down--which for this game is a kind of godsend. I'm only trying to get enough credits to get helicopter access so I can ski anywhere offline (otherwise you can only go to past event locations). Anyway, it's a pretty and zen thing if you just want to ski/snowboard.

As usual with these giveaways, I'm a little miffed paying so much for something I'd get free later, but I can't really complain since I've had it like a year and liked it when I could get it to shut up.

Sundered will be the free game on EGS for the comming week (starting later today).

Headsnatchers is currently free via humble bundle.

Current EGS freebie: Horace.

Level 10,000 achieved
    PLAY BEPPOS HOLE IN ONE GOLFING

if you're in the mood for a golf game I mean. Seriously tho. It's fun. Solid golfing mechanics, charming DOS Shareware game aesthetic, and running commentary by Chris Remo and Jake Rodkin of Campo Santo/Idle Thumbs fame.

Epic Games: The Bridge

Current EGS freebie: Farming Simulator 19

Looks like next week will be a tripple hit with three board games: Carcassonne, Pandemic and Ticket To Ride.

I still find it strange that Farming Simulator is what Eshaktaar went on to make.

GOG are offering two ancient classics for free: Lords of Midnight (1984) and Doomdark's Revenge (1985) for free. Uniting and controlling these huge armies against the enemy was rather epic back in the day - I spent a lot of time as a kid on Doomdark's Revenge especially on our old Amstrad, even though I probably didn't understand some of the game mechanics and dialogue. Judging by the screenshots, they've improved the user interface of both games in these remakes, which could still make them worth playing.

Retro Gamer Magazine has done QUITE a few articles on those games. Apparently quite good games for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    Current EGS freebie: Farming Simulator 19

Looks like next week will be a tripple hit with three board games: Carcassonne, Pandemic and Ticket To Ride.
    Seems like Pandemic fell through (link is a 404), but the other two are this week's EGS freebies.

Next week looks like Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Aztez.

Kingdom Come and Aztez are out now.

Kingdom Come is the best RPG I've played in a long time.

Yeh its very very good, for free is amazing. Not without some engine jankiness but the immersion factor is incredible.

Kingdom Come sure has its flaws, but it might just be the best RPG that I've ever played. One of the best games of any genre, even.

The DLC also seems to be on nice discount right now, so if you're really planning to dive in, you might want to get some of that even for your first play through. The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon DLC is kind of fun but also very short. From the Ashes is kinda pointless if you ask me, but if you like to pretend to be a mayor, then go ahead. Band of Bastards and A Woman's Lot are supposed to be good, even I haven't played those yet. I might have to start a new game because it's been too long since I last played it, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet - the whole game will easily take 100+ hours of your life even if you don't explore pretty much everything that I did.

The DLC look really interesting but FYI they can interfere with the main quest later on, just in the sense of butting into the story and people not being where they're supposed to be or inexplicably caring about DLC things when they have bigger things to be caring about ... as opposed to the vanilla sidequests which either involve minor NPCs or work around the main quest. Whenever I get back to my playthrough -- I feel like I'm well past the halfway point of the main quest -- I want to uninstall the DLC (I hope it doesn't mess with the save game) and then go back and play them after I'm finished with it. But it's not too bad either. Actually it's probably fine in the early game; just weird towards the end game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I only played the first maybe 7-8 hours of Kingdom Come before it became too wonky and difficult for me, but I'd still say it's a game that TTLGers should check out. It's got the same overly-ambitious feel that most of the great immsims do. It's so deep and impressive that you wonder "oh man how can this all hold together without breaking" and then you try to take off your armor while sitting on a horse but the armor you've dropped ends up inhabiting the same space as you do so you can't move or pick the armor back up and also the horse can't move and you can't get off the horse and you realize ok yeah this isn't working.

I'm looking forward to playing it once it finishes downloading in about... two weeks.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051 LastLast