TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384348495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1345

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

And Hitman: Absolution is free on GOG.com! (for the next 66 hours...)

https://www.gog.com/game/hitman_absolution

I've no idea whether it's any good or not though, I've never played any of the Hitman games.

It's pants. If you want to get into the series, my suggestion would be either to play Blood Money or pick up the new reboot.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    And so it is.

Well, it was the next next one anyway.
    Yeah, it looks like we all had to take a pause there. Overcooked's good, too!

Tomi: yeah, follow Starker's advice and skip it unless you feel it won't put you off the series (the good bits are fairly rare in Absolution; they're there, but it takes wading through ill-conceived action to get to them, and then they're too short to be worth it). The reboot's a nicely modern place to start, IMO. Blood Money's great but stiff in the ol' control department.

I found Blood Money virtually unplayable, lasted 30 minutes with it. Absolution's fun though.

Er, freebies. For the next 6 hours or so you can get a cheapo platformer called Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 for free on Steam. Hardly AAA, but they all count.

That might be the hottest take on the Hitman series I've ever read (and I say this as a rare person who actually felt Absolution had some decent moments).

El Shagmeister
    Overcooked 2 is where the meat is at, m'boyo. Wanna mp?

<3

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Overcooked 2 is where the meat is at, m'boyo. Wanna mp?

<3
    Finish Terraria first, egg.

In some super old school glorious DOS gaming, GoG is currently giving away the Eye of the Beholder trilogy. If you love dungeon crawlers, then these games are MUST play at least once in your life time.

They are okay, but I wouldn't say they are must play.

Dungeon Master -- yes
    Chaos Srikes Back -- oh yes
    Lands of Lore --absolutely yes
    EOB -- eh, might as well

Actually I really wanted to like Lands of Lore but could never get into for some reason, even when it was first released.

I've got it already, but Injustice: Gods Among Us is free on Steam until 26 June.

Epic Giveaway: Pathway

I got Curious Expeditions not long ago, and this looks like a better, but not as open ended, version of that.
    Both have great pixel art and the gameplay is turn-based menu-diving min-maxing with some final fantasy style combat on occasion.
    But there looks like a bit more gameplay with this one maybe?

Basically both are about Victorian/Edwardian-era blue blooded rich folks running off to the colonies on an adventure to shoot their guys and plunder their goods in charming pixel art and just the right amount of supernatural hoohaw. In this one the main bad guys are 1930s Nazis and zombies, at least.

Aer & Stranger Things 3 are free on Epic this round.

Epic giveaway: Hue

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Stream Ubisoft's "E3 conference" for a free copy of Watch Dogs 2.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/forward

Monday 12th.
    The stream kicks off at 11:00 AM PDT/7:30 PM CEST with news and content from games like Trackmania, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Just Dance 2020, The Division® 2, and more.

Stick around for the main show at 12:00 PM PDT/11:00 PM CEST for details from Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion, Hyper Scape, and a few surprises

Epic is giving away 3 games this round: https://www.epicgames.com/store/free-games

Killing Floor 2, Lifeless Planet, and The Escapists 2

Chakat sex pillow
    I still have to give Lifeless Planet a chance on Steam. But what I played it off it seemed very literally the title, which is depressing and also funny. Then I completely forgot about it.

It's a good example of a game sitting on my wish list forever that I was debating getting, then I read the reviews and it's that same theme over & over. I doubt I'd ever buy it. But now that they're giving it away, I'm okay checking it out the same way I check out Itch walking sims, going in with pretty low expectations, which more often than not leaves me happy that it's better than I thought it would be, and I have an intuition it has some interesting ideas buried in the monotony.

Also I'm known to take long pointless walks to nowhere in both real and virtual worlds; so empty worlds don't bother me too much.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Own a bought copy of Superhot vanilla on Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, Origin, Epic before July 17th and you'll get the new sequel, Mind Control Delete, for free. Complementary copies of Superhot vanilla don't qualify.

https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...42299340476332
    https://www.gog.com/game/superhot
    FAQ:
    https://archive.vn/8xlKF

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Free Watch Dogs 2.

Register here: https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft...d-reward/en-US (Valid before July 15 @ 11:59PM PDT / 2:59AM EDT)

Epic giveaway this round: Torchlight II

Warhammer 40K Rites of War is free on GOG until July 25.

And the first episode of some game called The Descendant is free on Steam and the rest of the episodes only like $1.50 USD until July 25, and generally that Studio, Microids, is having a kind of fire sale.

Epic Giveaway: Next Up Hero and Tacoma.

I played Tacoma and liked it well enough. It took the ideas of recorded 3D ghost avatars and audio logs from System Shock 2 and made a walking sim mystery game out of them, except you can replay these ghost logs in as many loops as you need. It's a kind of postmodern storytelling where you get different pieces of the story at different times while you're exploring that were happening in parallel at the time, so you reevaluate scenes you saw before with the new information. Kind of cool.

Epic Giveaway this week: 20XX, Barony, Superbrothers S&S.

Level 10,000 achieved
    One of my GOTYs of last year, Wilmot's Warehouse is this week's Epic freebie. It was something I didn't realize I wanted until I played it, a game all about the joys of organizing your inventory. GIVE IT A WHIRL, FOLKS!

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384348495051525354 LastLast