TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146515253545556
Results 1,376 to 1,389 of 1389

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Star Wars: Battlefront II is the next Epic giveaway, it'll be available later today.

I have no interest in playing multiplayer with strangers nowadays - a fairly popular shooter where you probably can't avoid bumping into all sorts of idiots doesn't sound very tempting, but I just read that there's supposed to be a half-decent single player campaign in the game too! I'm sort of looking forward to trying it out now.
    Yes indeed, I played though the SP campaign about a year ago, this is what I wrote then:

Some annoying checkpointing aside the gameplay is tight and good. It's mostly shooting, but you also have the option to stealth some parts, and there's quite a few flying sections too. The story follows the leader of the Imperial "Inferno Squad", starting at the end of ROTJ and ending with The Battle of Jakku. Interspliced into this are some levels where you play as more recognizable characters(Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Kylo). The story was pretty good, except when it switched to the other characters, as those sections often felt a bit shoe-horned in. Overall, yeah, a good Star Wars game!

Played through the SW Battlefront 2 follow-up campaign Resurrection in one sitting aaaaaand, man, it was good. It's much shorter then the main campaign but also really tight and well paced. Great storytelling and very satisfying gameplay.
    Not sure if the expansion campaign is included in the Epic version, but either way it's worth a play, if only to see what a modern AAA Star Wars FPS can look like.

Little Nightmares is available from Bandai Namco. It's a redeemable Steam Key. 3 days -ish left from time of posting.

https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/eu/p...es-pc-download

Edit: It seems to be region specific. I got it while setting my region to Australia. Your results may be different
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 14th Jan 2021 at 17:20.

Bomber Crew free at humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/b...crew-free-game

Epic Giveaway this week: Galactic Civilizations III

Epic Giveaway: Dandara

Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator is now available for free on Steam.

Do silly stuff like This

Metro Last Light Redux and For The King on Epic

A lot of the freebies on the Epic Store haven't been worth mentioning lately, but I did see that Rage 2 is the giveaway for this week starting on Thursday.

That's worth a try I suppose, but Absolute Drift is the one that I'm truly interested in.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah Absolute Drift is very good. art of rally fans should definitely check it out.

RAGE 2 is bleh. I recently started it up on PS4. On paper, it's got a lot of things I like, but in practice I couldn't even be bothered to play more than an hour. It is all so by-the-numbers, and peppered with like 5 different level-up-meters. Bleh! BLEH!

The current giveaway Halcyon 6 is definitely worth checking out if you like X:COM.

Main reason I mentioned Rage 2 was because its's a AAA game that normally goes for 60 bucks, and they're giving it away for free less than 2 years after it was released. Absolute Drift you can pick up for about a quarter of that, and it's actually on sale right now on Steam for $6. I think I'd pay the 6 just to have it on my Steam acccount instead of my Epic one.

Oh shi... I completely missed Rage 2. Oh well, I wasn't that hyped about it anyway.
    In other news Sunless Sea is now the giveaway for Epic.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146515253545556