TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15202530354045505560616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1636

Thread: Freebies for everyone!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Having never played Mafia before I installed the original music and texture mods, but after a few hours I'm not sure I will continue, the story seems cool but the gameplay is just so, well old and not good. Failing just at the end of a mission and having to restart the whole thing again is not something that was ever fun.
    Yeah, not sure there's much point in playing it these days if you don't have nostalgia from playing it back then. The Definitive Edition is on sale at the moment tho, and is a fantastic remake. Hell, the whole trilogy is quite cheap right now.

Epic Freebies:
    100 Days - Winemaking Sim
    (And a bunch of Realm Royale Reforged add-ons.)

My dad tried his hand at running a vineyard out at the Sierra Diablo in west Texas back in the day.
    I remember working on ideas for the label and branding.
    You have to admit Sierra Diablo is a badass branding to play with.
    Texas used to be a big player in wine before prohibition wiped it all out, but it's kind of been creeping back in the last few decades.

This game looks to be way on the casual end of a sim though.
    I think I'd like a Farm Sim style version of it where you could actually walk around among the grapevines.

If you ever played Champions Online and want to see how it's changed, want to revisit an old character or if you wanted to try it out but didn't, this week (until Thursday 15. Sep) seems like a good opportunity as they're offering a free Freeform slot as part of the 13th anniversary celebration. The slot is claimed in the bonus tab of the ingame store.

thanks I thought I might have to step in for a moment there!
    The next set of freebies is actually quite interesting, the digital version of Gloomhaven, and Ark evolved.

They'd have to pay me to add Ark to my library (and it's a repeat), but Gloomhaven is one I do look forward to.

As promised:
    Ark
    Gloomhaven

The newest Epic freebies are here (Sept 29 - Oct 06):

Runbow is a 2D platformer that looks so much like Guacamelee that I had to check that it's not by the same developer. (It's not.) It has both multiplayer and singleplayer modes, and it looks like something that could potentially be fun.

The Drone Racing League Simulator is exactly what it says in the title. Finally a game with "Simulator" in the title that actually IS a simulator. I read some review that said that TDRLS isn't a very fun game to play, but it's a great training tool if you want to learn how to fly a drone in real life. I don't, but it's cool that Epic is offering something a bit different like this. Apparently you even can use a real drone controller to play the game.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Free for next 2-ish days:-

Master of Magic 1
    https://www.gog.com/en/game/master_of_magic_classic

Epic Freebies:
    Rising Hell
    Slain: Back From Hell

From the screenshots and videos, they look like pretty slick retro Metroidvanias.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Epic Freebies:
    Rising Hell
    Slain: Back From Hell

From the screenshots and videos, they look like pretty slick retro Metroidvanias.
    Rising Hell is a rogue-lite vertical platformer where you try to reach the top of a tower, it's closer to something like Binding of Isaac than Metroidvania. I've only reached the second boss in my coupole of hours of gameplay so far, but it's been quite fun.

Slain loaded up to super loud music and no menu or controls, regardless of what buttons I pressed on my keyboard or controller, so I haven't tried it myself. From reviews there's apparently a massive difficulty spike at during the early/mid-game, but it's supposedly good if you get over that.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Darkwood and Toe Jam & Earl: Back In The Groove are this week's EGS freebies.

Darkwood is great! If anyone's looking for some spooky Halloween gaming, and you haven't played this one yet, get it! No idea about Toe Jam, never played the originals, no idea about this one.

Links for the lazy:
    https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/...-groove-cddc16
    https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/darkwood-fa73bd

Next week seems decent for those who don't already have the two (actually three) titles on offering: Evoland Legendary Edition (includes both Evoland and Evoland 2) and Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Well... Free to play. Still got over $600 in DLC you can buy, of course.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Well... Free to play. Still got over $600 in DLC you can buy, of course.
    Thought there was a thriving modding community for this game? If so, you have options.

Epic Freebies:
    Evoland
    Fallout 3

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Free for the next couple of days.

Genesis Alpha One
    https://www.gog.com/game/genesis_alp...deluxe_edition

Mechanicus is great if you like turn-based strategy games. It's also worth playing just for the music alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Mechanicus is great if you like turn-based strategy games. It's also worth playing just for the music alone.
    The core gameplay is good enough to go through even if you don't like WH40K lore. But it gets even better if you actually like WH40K Imperial lore.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection is available for free for the next 71 hours on gog.com

It's from 1998 and it may not exactly be that great by modern standards, but then again people play something like Sonic Mania and it gets great reviews, so what do I know. I have fond memories of Jazz, so I'm gonna put my retro spectacles on and enjoy the action.

Chakat sex pillow
    I was just gonna post that. Instant nostalgia, even if it or its predecessor aren't great games. Funny thinking how the company that released Jazz and CliffyB's Dare to Dream became the company that made... Fortnite. And is responsible for one of the most widely used game engines across the industry over the past two and a half decades, but that's a minor point.

The latest Epic freebies are:

Filament - puzzle adventure in space
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - tactical multiplayer FPS (not my thing), but it's supposed to be good

Vermintide 2 is free on Steam until the 7th of Nov, in case anyone doesn't have it yet.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15202530354045505560616263646566 LastLast