TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper
    That means that most of the FMs will be played with default graphics etc, is it right?
    Nearly, some of John P's textures/changes will be applied but most will not.

One new hard drive later, and... dear lord, it's BEAUTIFUL, str8g8.

Incredible work, my friend. I commend you on your work.

.j.

um

just grabbed this from thiefmissions.com plugged it into Garretloader 1.31 installed it and ran it and now I have problems, never had problems with any of the other T3 Fan missions

I have no opening movie, there's no mission texts or quotes, starting the mission regardless I get a grey environment with very few textures.

reinstalling the original mission with GL and running that crashes out to the desktop

I'll keep you posted, but any ideas would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    Nearly, some of John P's textures/changes will be applied but most will not.
    The alternative would be to tweak every single mission then... is it possibile? If yes, what should I need.

Thanks Taffers.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Esme
    um

just grabbed this from thiefmissions.com plugged it into Garretloader 1.31 installed it and ran it and now I have problems, never had problems with any of the other T3 Fan missions

I have no opening movie, there's no mission texts or quotes, starting the mission regardless I get a grey environment with very few textures.

reinstalling the original mission with GL and running that crashes out to the desktop

I'll keep you posted, but any ideas would be appreciated
    Well I just reinstalled T : DS and removed and reinstalled garretloader with v1.32 and everything is fine ... I can't replicate the problem so I guess my pc just decided to pitch a fit

looks like an excellent mission so far though

Many thanks about some of the missing loot folks, I am now up to 97% and I just can't let go of this one...where is the rest?
    spoiler:
    I found the loot up high on Taft Avenue, in the warehouse, above the archway through the shutter, in the canal, got all the special loot? What's missing? Has anyone found all the loot?

suewan, I played through once to make sure I could get 100% and it is all there

Interesting morsel of information ... you use a tool in the editor to add up all the loot to give you the total, but during beta-testing I found I could only ever find 99% - I was always 25 short ... In the end I just lowered the total by 25, figuring the extra piece had been left outside the playable area somewhere along the line ... on the other hand it may just be out there somewhere, so it may be possible to get 101% or something

Sorry, that doesn't really help you does it ... ? Unfortunately, without knowing all the stuff you have, it's hard to say what you haven't ...
    spoiler:
    I can say there is more in the alley off Water St though

Quote Originally Posted by Rantako
    Also, is there any way to unlock the barred gates - the one in Water Street...
    not that I know of but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get to the other side

excellent mission got 96% loot and 4 special items on expert I reckon the rest must be inside DePerrins hmmm I didn't notice if the interior guards had purses ... may be worth a trip back inside

I loved the attention to detail, you stand right on the edge of some ledge and lean so you can see through a tiny gap which you can't se any other way and there's a window or a plaque on the bit of wall you can see rather than just being left blank

for your first mission I'd say you aced it 10/10 possibly a few more AI's would have been nice to make it more difficult but thats the only very minor criticism I can think of

FK: I just tested out the Thief tweaker and it seems compatible with FMs, I tested out changing the frob colour and it worked fine.

Remember that GarrettLoader patches your ini file, rather than stomping all over it, so in theory you should be able to use all the tweaks to the ini detailed in ttlg forums (ie scaling the HUD elements) and then install an FM over the top - this is why as an author I have refrained from forcing any such tweaks onto the player

Esme: glad you got it working (and enjoyed it). I agree with you about the AI, could've used a few more in there ...

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAA
    100% loot

dozy taff that I am I'd left 200 loot on a shelf in DePerrins in plain view DUH!

getting back in wasn't as easy as getting out unseen either, I should have ko'd the guards on the way out

Str8g8, you tried your very best to gently tell the players. . .
    [Go to the Bridge, to start your explorations!]
    But some folks will still freely wonder about, create errors and then complain?
    So, is that very direct message, above, needed or something else, for FMs?

(You know like porticillus gates blocking your two areas, to be lifted one at a time via objective switches? Or perhaps, using that ghostly un-frob-able color/pattern trick, that was used within The Cradle for its Toys, might do it?)

For me, I simply knew better then to disturb stuff, until I was told to.
    But new folks and certain "impromptu testers" might not see things my way?

BTW, I just caught onto your unlockable little gates trick and the small treasures that they will actually protect and also, almost point to.

Thanks for the FUN!
    (And talk about some serious Ghosting Challenges!)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 13th Jul 2006 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by suewan
    Many thanks about some of the missing loot folks, I am now up to 97% and I just can't let go of this one...where is the rest?
    spoiler:
    I found the loot up high on Taft Avenue, in the warehouse, above the archway through the shutter, in the canal, got all the special loot? What's missing? Has anyone found all the loot?
    yep

Have you checked behind the locked gate on water street

or

the eyes of the first statue on the bridge

and one I found near the end there's a coin high up on a ledge as you enter shalebridge road on the left hand side upper pathway there's another drainpipe just as you come through the entrance

Argh! Never thought to look up there.
    Now it's 100%, thank you, Esme.

Esme
    spoiler:
    Which locked gate? The huge one at the end that highlights or the one in the alley way? Yes, I got the other two spots you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

I also canīt get into the locked gate near the warehouse in Water Street? Is there a key somewhere or do i have to jump over it?

This is amazing, a new quality of city sections building. The whole setting reminds me of T2, but it's of course much more detailed. Great work Str8G8 - indeed, it was worth the wait. Now it's time to have fun in ghost mode

Suewan - the small alleyway off water street with the warehouse entrance that you have to climb to get to and hunt through all the crates. there's a locked gate that won't open at the end of the alley right next to the river, I suggest the view from the other side of the gate is worth the effort

Quote Originally Posted by Judith
    This is amazing, a new quality of city sections building. The whole setting reminds me of T2, but it's of course much more detailed. Great work Str8G8 - indeed, it was worth the wait. Now it's time to have fun in ghost mode
    I'm not sure if it's ghostable unless you allow luring guards away from their posts as there are two very awkward ones at key points, I'd be interested to hear how you get on

yep

I see them, but I can't figure out how to get them... I keep sliding right off the pipes every time I try to mantel on to them... aaaarrrrgggggggggg

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethne
    I see them, but I can't figure out how to get them... I keep sliding right off the pipes every time I try to mantel on to them... aaaarrrrgggggggggg

Help?
    have you tried pushing the crates a bit closer to the statue ?

Brilliant mission. Well done to the developer !!!

Just started this one.
    It's amazingly beautiful so far, artwork and movie are excellent. Looks like it's the best T3FM for the time being At last I know how Shalebridge looks like, very nice representation.
    Pity that T3FM compressor still isn't finished, such size could be a hindrance for some people who whold like to play it.

PS: Just made it to small park area near Spellow Lane.
    floating leaves, grass, beautiful textures, and those trees..
    Gosh, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THIEF MISSION EVER!
    Plus it's running like 30+ fps, I guess this mission greatly shows potential of T3FMs.
    str8g8, I hope this is not your last FM
    Last edited by 242; 1st Jun 2006 at 17:33.

Objectives?

{Edit: All right, never mind about the objectives, I figured it out.} - now I just need to find that last 6% of loot! I've already found the special loot - though trying to find the golden mouse nearly drove me crazy - and everything that's been mentioned on this thread, so I feel like I must be missing some really obvious pieces. When people mentioned the loot high up on Taft Avenue, did they mean simply that item or two that was on top of the barrel that you had to jump up to, or was there more? The area felt suspiciously empty, especially with all of the good grappleworthy-looking areas hanging just out of reach.

BTW, beautiful mod - although I didn't mind the appearance of the city in DS as much as many other people here (the cramped, tiny areas of the city, which were also vastly improved upon in this mod, were my biggest complaint), I definitely appreciate the work that went into this and love the look of the scenery here, especially the leaves in the yard and the stained glass. Amazing work - especially given how well-hidden the loot was in many places. My only suggestions would be, as others have mentioned, to work on integrating the lighting and how well-hidden Garrett is in a few areas and maybe add a few more guards for challenge (I was playing on Expert and found everything easy except for finding the loot).

{Another edit: Okay, found a place where I know I looted but apparently reloaded some point afterwards without relooting, so now it's down to a miniscule but frustrating 1%. Argh...

Also, I forgot to mention earlier - I don't know if this belongs in this thread or not, but I think there may be a minor and easily-avoidable (but easy to stumble into, if you're not too careful) bug of sorts that could render you unable to finish the mission. If you throw or carry the daughter with you into the canal in the Water Street, you have no way to get her out. Additionally, if you for some reason bring a body with you to the NE part of the canal, behind the boat, there's no way to get out due to Garrett's inability to jump with a body and odd refusal to put down the body in such a narrow space, despite the fact that it's wide enough for him holding the body. ("Un-uh. Un-uh. Un-uh. Un-uh. Un-uh...") Again, both are minor and avoidable, but I thought I'd mention them in case you weren't aware.}
    Last edited by Native; 2nd Jun 2006 at 01:54.

have you tried pushing the crates a bit closer to the statue ?
    D'oh. Silly me...

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    Fallen+Keeper, part of that is the actual ibt files themselves. John P's Textures will re-write the original game ibt files to replace textures, etc. This is done by byte pattern matching and blanking out areas of the original IBT files to force T3 to look in different locations for graphics files. However the IBT files for The Bridge are not catered for in this process as John P's installers do not know of FM's IBT files.

However FM's like Krelleks Labyrinth have the textures applied before they are compiled to IBT files, this makes them bigger files but does give you the brown loot glint, higher res graphics, etc.
    Where I can find those ibt files?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast