TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

They are in the FM zips, the IBT files are the mission files.

It seems there's nothing I can do about it. Except keeping The Bridge as is, with default graphics.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Did anyone notice the fireplace in the bedroom, just
    before the
    spoiler:
    stairs to the safe
    , it looked like their was an
    spoiler:
    impression for a trap door on the brick
    . My imagination?
    The video rendering of the game is most breathtaking and smooth with a high quality vid card. My, my, what a difference you can experience. Switching to 3rd person view can get addicting to stay with.......

I wish there had been more rooms and guards to raid.

"Sigh" Chocolates....Sooo many Chocolates.... "Sigh"

Finished it.
    Gameplaywise it's pretty weak I think, but beauty of Shalebridge part makes it memorable nonetheless. + it's the first T3FM with movies, and they look fully professional (except voice acting in the second one)

problem

the intro movie is crashing on me about 4-5 secs in, i esc the movie and go to another screenwhere a blue progess bar is loading...and it loads about 2.5 cm (long) then it crashes to the desktop.
    i downloaded this file only last night so i guess its the latest one......
    i have tried all the usual things....drivers etc

can anyone suggest anything else?

BillyNone, do you have that Bink player as a stand-alone, outside the game?
    Bink Downloads
    (And I'll presume that you have the right size and type of 3d-card, a big enough and fast enough system and all of your video and audio drivers are updated.)

(Btw, there was a slightly flaky version, out here, with a bad movie.)
    But the 1.1 version appears to be A-Okay, from the download on the first page.
    The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006 So how did you download it? Like with GetRight or some other downloading software?
    And 242, do you know what every independent map or FM has needed since their beginnings, that we worked-out in Quake (1) ? (Click the "Credits", in your T3 game, for a clue.)

When I was doing model animations, game mods and new sounds for Quake, I'd simply pass my fun to an artistic fellow, who liked original map-making and he'd re-do my amature-quality skins, very nicely and then he would pass that onto a single-player game designer and do I need to go on? And then someone would slap the credits onto it and post it and then we'd all enjoy the final game like big kids with a new toy! (And now, I am enjoying doing tricks that have not been done yet, for Postal2 and for any other game, for that matter.)

So "Single-Player Game Designer" 242, please, how many emails have you sent to Str8g8, about your thoughts, mate? (And don't you T3 folks share your beta-maps and ideas with your fellow builders, around here?)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 4th Jun 2006 at 16:00.

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    spoiler:
    I don't think it is possible to sneak past the alcove guards, however it is possible to entice them out from their alcoves - for instance, by dousing a torch, or making a sound etc ...
    It'd be more possible if there was some random junk lying around for throwing and diversion making. Perhaps in version 1.2...

Sweet looking mission though, been looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger@sound.net
    So "Single-Player Game Designer" 242, please, how many emails have you sent to Str8g8, about your thoughts, mate? (And don't you T3 folks share your beta-maps and ideas with your fellow builders, around here?)
    What about should I write to a mission designer if I'm even not a betatester? Instead I played it through and posted my opinion here. The fact that gameplaywise it's weak is pretty obvious for every person who previously had played T1/2Fms. Krellek's and The Crypt are much stronger, but this one is the most beautiful.
    Last edited by 242; 4th Jun 2006 at 17:50.

It's good to hear all opinions, good and bad. I'm not ashamed to say that the visuals - atmosphere and art direction - were my focus for the design, because that's my background, and that's where my meagre talents lie

Even so I hope the gameplay wasn't *weak*... I was gunning for *adequate* at least ...

... And 242, what would you suggest to Str8g8, privately perhaps?
    (Like hey, it's great to have your T1/2 experience, here, in this T3 message.)
    So, just give him your creative thoughts via some email or PMs?

Btw, Single-Player (SP) map designing is almost like an "art form".
    (And its a lot more difficult then Multiplier-Player (MP) online game designing.)

And Str8g8, who is our SP design-master, here?
    Ps, I've been trying to get some of those Postal guys to slow down and work with their masters. (There is one fellow, who is knocking off 2 and, sometimes, even 3 maps per week!) But he just keeps on churning-out SP "death tests" or "killer gauntlets" with lots and lots of the same army of monsters.

And for my truly special tricks, I just share them with private emailings to builders, with hidden downloading locations. (And maybe a part of that idea might be well used for your Thief FMs?)

Heck, Str8g8, I may be a little crazy, but I just kept seeing all those very unique SP design-features within your work.
    (And your water-based "Thief's Highway" was the most unique one, yet!)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 4th Jun 2006 at 21:43.

Ended up really liking this one. The two guards in the alcoves at the start pissed me off; but exploring the shop was a proper treat and made up for it. Very nice story elements too. Four thumbs out of five.

98% loot and 4 special loot items. 2 stealthy kills (those effing guards) and sneaked the rest.

This thief mission was really good! The only downside was that there were not many useful reasons to try to climb. If there were some open windows or some other accessable doors tucked away, that would have been sweet!! Great story and some pretty cool side missions. THANKS!!

Does anyone know where to get the attic vault code for DePerrins shop?
    My pc gets too slow until I get to the attic.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant
    Does anyone know where to get the attic vault code for DePerrins shop?
    My pc gets too slow until I get to the attic.
    thanks
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...lt#post1458032
    (Read that message and one, a couple down from it and there you go.)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 4th Jun 2006 at 23:41.

Help with Objectives

Would someone be so kind as to list the objectives in the order they appear in the game since I am technically weak and can't tweak the software to make them work? Just finished gettin into the vault and now not sure what the next objectives are. Thanks!

I have given the Bridge it's own page over on my site, together with some up-to-date screenshots. I took the liberty of putting a few quotes up there too .

@Munich10: You should try installing the latest version of GarrettLoader and the associated T3Main.exe (which it automatically installs). That will fix your objectives, plus you will have the same problem with other T3FMs...

Objectives are (in brief)
    spoiler:
    * Get on to the Bridge
    * Break into Grimworth and DePerrins
    * Make a copy of the Bridge key and return the original to where you found it
    * Return Kinch's wayward daughter
    * (Optional) Return Tyler Watt's possessions to his widow on Taft Ave.
    * Get back to the alley where you started

Thanks Tigersound, I will get right on top of that. Thanks

I have given the Bridge it's own page over on my site, together with some up-to-date screenshots. I took the liberty of putting a few quotes up there too .

@Munich10: You should try installing the latest version of GarrettLoader and the associated T3Main.exe (which it automatically installs). That will fix your objectives, plus you will have the same problem with other T3FMs...

Objectives are (in brief)
    spoiler:
    * Get on to the Bridge
    * Break into Grimworth and DePerrins
    * Make a copy of the Bridge key and return the original to where you found it
    * Return Kinch's wayward daughter
    * (Optional) Return Tyler Watt's possessions to his widow on Taft Ave.
    * Get back to the alley where you started
    Thanks str8g8! I have GarrettLoader v. 1.32. Isn't that the latest? Great FM, by the way...enoying it very much!

4 Well dones out of 5

I have played nearly all t3 fan missions now and this is defiantly the best.
    I reckon that the size and look/feel of the mission were spot on and its strongest element. However I personally prefer the large stone slab walls that were used heavily in castles and streets in deadly shadows to the red brickwork used on the buildings within shalebridge. Those buildings were excellent, the sprawling nature and varying heights of houses either side of you and the winding tight streets were very in keeping with the city. The artwork and movies were what really brought the atmosphere to life, as a result the whole mission was very in keeping with thief.
    Whilst the gamplay wasn’t the best it was certainly good, beaten only by crypt and maybe all the worlds a stage.
    spoiler:
    Those two guards in the alcoves were perhaps too difficult but not impossible, the climbable boxes in shalebridge road made it possible to climb past (so long as you were quick) and the moss arrows in spellow lane made for a “stealthy” option rather than killing them. I would have said that the weakest part was the two guards standing by the fire, the fire was too bright to do anything but be quick and hope for the best. That may have been improved by a window to allow you out of one of the storage cupboards behind them or some such other option.

The whole level was stable however the inside of the shop dropped the framerate right down and i’m playing this on a x800 xt pe which eats deadly shadows for breakfast. The stain glass room was also fairly low, it was playable but must have been about 15-20.
    Thanks for an excellent fan mission which must have been a lot of hard work!

I'm concerned you're not seeing objectives ... are you playing a non-English install or anything? Are you using the latest GarrettLoader?
    I do not see the objectives in FMs either. The install is legal - no cracks and nocd's and it's english. Still - no objectives, no notes

P.S.
    "The Bridge" stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    Lightningline,
    spoiler:
    there is a big guard by the fire the other side of the bridge check his belt
    I can see a guard through the open gate at the other side, but how do I open that grate? At the beginning of the Bridge it was a lever...
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 6th Jun 2006 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristed
    I have played nearly all t3 fan missions now and this is defiantly the best.
    Whilst the gamplay wasn’t the best it was certainly good, beaten only by crypt and maybe all the worlds a stage.
    Thanks for an excellent fan mission which must have been a lot of hard work!
    And now, Aristed, are you ready for some really "hard work"?
    And BTW, your graphics critique, above, seemed nicely documented.

(But in my decade of 3d games, I have seen too many really HUGE and most excellent one-man projects being simply "condemned" with something like "I didn't like it" or simular generalities, without any supporting logic.)

So please tell us, Aristed, where would you work-in your magical "Single Player fixes" to make this into an excellent adventure, for all of our gameplay experiences?

Ps, Aristed, I really don't mean to be bothering just you or 242, with dropping all of this on you. But maybe, someday, my little "bottom-line question", above, will finally start to make a lot more sense to one and all, hopefully? And of course, dedicated T1/2 players with their vast wealth of experiences should definitely be invited to these T3 critiques. But, before the final release, perhaps?

(And doing critiques, via private email or PMs, is working for me, as I am currently doing with a Postal2 master for his HUGE 20 map adventure.)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 6th Jun 2006 at 17:42.

But how can I open the gate in the alley at Waterstreet? Please help me someone...

Besides: anyone already has a lootlist for this great FM?

I feel silly. This bridge file has all the objects twisted it seems. I don't have any idea what comes first and what comes next. It begins from breaking into the shop - not a word about stealing any keys and making copy of it.I wonder why, for without it I cannot get into the shop. Well, now I'm trapped on the bridge and have the only exit from one side (where I entered). The other side is grated, though I open the Gates successfully, I still can't get through. I'm stuck. If I'm stuck like this for a while I know I'll give up and install some different mission. That would be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    But how can I open the gate in the alley at Waterstreet? Please help me someone...

Besides: anyone already has a lootlist for this great FM?
    And as far as I know, we will never open it. But did you notice that there is an area, on the other side of that gate? And maybe you could jump to there from the gate's wall or a handy box, etc? (If this is just a small sample of T1 or T2 "real world" logic problems then BRAVO to Str8g8 for giving us these new non-standard problems to help to evolve our T3 FM gameplay!)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 7th Jun 2006 at 07:54.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast