TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

Yes I have thief premier

Would you be willing to restart the mission and play it with the fixed zip file? I could upload it and send you a link. I just want one person with thief premier to tell me it's OK. Then I'll make it available as the normal version, since there is no difference except renaming one file.

Yes I'll replay it with the fixed version.

BG_HHaunt tried it out and I've updated for the Thief Premier version.
    http://thiefmissions.com:80/info.cgi...erOfSuggestion

There are no changes to the game at all, except the objective now works if it didn't before.

I've destroyed the machine and now I'm on the ground in the area of The Grunder Inn. . but now I can't figure out how to get back up on the roof--I assume I'm supposed to get back there?

If anyone can tell me, that'd be great. In the meantime, I'll go back to one of my previous saves and see if I can stay off the streets this time. Kind of a bummer, though, since there was some loot down there.

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't seem like there's any way to get back on top of the roof of the inn from the apartment with the machine you have to destroy.

EDIT▓: Ok, I got out. Those narrow alleyways are deceptive.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 1st Oct 2009 at 03:50.

There's a walkthrough available at thiefmissions.com

heh heh!

new article for "Playgear":

Lubrication, that which facillitates gear into slot.

now i know how Santa gets down chimneys that have fires going - he does a Garret!
    (water arrow then moss)

VERY well done FM my man!
    Fun premise, flawless execution, maybe not as visually "wow" as what some of the taffers put out, but def acceptable for the world of Thief!

and the ending was cool too - and lets the player understand why he could'nt just kill the "drones" - after all - it was'nt their fault!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 14th Nov 2009 at 10:41.

um, ok,

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post

IF DROMED WERE REAL LIFE, I'D BE COVERED IN JORGE!!!
    then you better cover yourself in petroleum jelly before your next Dromed session!
    (damn - just saw - guess you will be saving on the jelly cost then!)
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 14th Nov 2009 at 11:25.

thanks.

Old thread, but I just wanted to say how great this mission is. Of course, I'm stuck at that second locked door (beside the Boss's bedroom), but I'm just going to retrace everything from the start now that all the guards have gone nighty-night and Garrett can roam around unimpeded.

Anyway, great mission. Just wonderful.

Edit: Okay, now I need a nudge. A couple of questions: I can hear machinery when I'm on the rooftops just as I get out of the jail. But I've never found it. I can't work out how to get up high enough to see it. I found some readables about something on the roof that can't be touched, or something along those lines, but no objective started - and now I can't remember where I found those readables. Is this just for ambience, or is it a mission and if so how do I start it?

There's a slightly open window in one area through which I can see a small jewel casket on a shelf. There is a man in that room who came out. The door around the other side is locked and unpickable. How do I get in? I can't see any way to get up and in.
    Last edited by Fraser; 14th Aug 2010 at 01:09.

Hi Fraser,

I made an HTML walkthrough with screenies and explanations. If you need a nudge, it's hosted at thiefmissions here clicky clicky.

Many thanks. I was so excited about finding out that I could go down that chimney, I forgot to look around.

There's a lot to do in this mission. I bet I haven't found the half of it yet, though I have uncovered, I think, three secrets and about 1300 loot, or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Many thanks. I was so excited about finding out that I could go down that chimney, I forgot to look around.

There's a lot to do in this mission. I bet I haven't found the half of it yet, though I have uncovered, I think, three secrets and about 1300 loot, or thereabouts.
    I too got a kick out of going down the chimney near the beginning of the OM Life of The Party. I like putting in things that remind me of the original fun of the OM's. That's one of the reasons I held the CTEC.

There are 6 secrets, 1431 loot, and 14 pockets to pick, just so you know.

I am playing this for maybe the 3rd or 4th time in years.

I am just about finished with it because I have destroyed the dohicky and can go back to the boss lady's place if I want, but something is really bugging me.

How can I gain a more complete entry to the police rest station with a pirate flag, ladder that goes up somewhere, footlocker, and letters describing a woman's complaint about the rooftop archer and a further complaint about unmade beds from one of the police officers?

I can not recall if it was this mission or not, but I think I had been there before.

Am I just another victim of Theify Deja Vu?

You can't get in there. I just like making places you can see look like they continue on beyond your view.

Okay, thanks.

I must have been thinking of some other mission with a similar room in it.

Great rooftopper; I really like it when I am not penalized for taking occasional ground routes in these types of missions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    Okay, thanks.....Great rooftopper.....
    Thanks. You aren't allowed on the ground in another one I made Ó la Life Of The Party. It's called Thieves' Highway. You may like that one if you like rooftops.

Just replayed all your old T2 missions.
    This one is my favourite, followed by Thieves Highway.

Any chance of you getting back to making FMs?

NewDark compatible?

Helloes

I am replaying this old gem and find that I can't frob nor open the grate sewers once you first reach street level.
    Replayed from the top once and the same thing happened.
    I am the noob to end all noobs when it comes to Dromed but I managed to open my save file, locate and delete the grate, which allowed me entry to the sewer, but once down there the hidden switch seems to be not working.

Methinks this may be broken under NewDark but any suggestions beyond the obvious (keeping a NewDark-free installation) would be welcome, for curiosity's sake as much as anything else.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    This has nothing to do with NewDark

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1460273

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This has nothing to do with NewDark

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1460273
    Aah... Now where's the facepalm icon. Thanks.

Just finished this superlative city mission for the first time (shame on me for not playing it before), looking for ND bugs and not one to be found, not even a single misplaced object. Loved every minute of it and the quality of the mission build is exemplary from the very start all the way to the end room, proof Uncadonego that you are one seriously good author, regardless what a small minority of people may have recently said.

More missions please..

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112