TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

shadows: look everywhere...

help, how to get to
    spoiler:
    the two rooms through open windows (first room is on 3rd floor of the Grunder Inn; second one in opposite building). I can jump onto the marquise/shelter above second floor of Inn but unable to jump through window into rooms)...

Shadows - Read CocoClown's spoiler post midway on the 1st page. There is a
    spoiler:
    frobable grate on the street right before you head down an incline going to a porticullus. I meant to say grate instead of window in my 1st post...

Gah, damn you Garrettwannabe!

I spent ages closely examining every single window in that place

Having said that, can anyone tell me where the key to the two doors at the start is? I seem to have gone everywhere in town so far

Even with Nightwalker's answer to Maloo, I am still at a loss as to where to go to obtain the key to the 2 doors to end this mission. Can Nightwalker or some other kind taffer please give me a more detailed instruction? I've spent too many hours just trying to figure out this last obscure objective... Thanks

hmm

Did I miss getting the lockpicks somewhere before I left the first building? (where I was being held)

W.Intruder: No...

You will only find one key. The key to the second door is in the other locked room. The one you need is in a box on the desk in the office where you find the device that you blow up. Have you done that yet?

Nope. Sounds like I've missed some bits, but I can't find 'em anywhere!

Can someone give a clue as to how to get past the double metal doors where the 2 guys were talking?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Hope Vincent - If I'm thinking of the right place, you can't actually get through those doors, though you CAN get into that room from another place. When you went through the Maintenance room in the apartment building and out through the grate onto the spire, you dropped down onto a rooftop. Go back there but instead of going through the window, get down to the ground and you'll find the entrance.

CocoClown - This mission really takes a LOT of exploring. You have to look for ways onto ledges, balconies, etc. very carefully to find everything. If you're truly stuck, you can PM me more detail about exactly where you are and I may be able to get you going again.

I cant seem to
    spoiler:
    be able to frob the grate on the street. It does not "highlight" if I lean into it. I have searched for a switch somewhere, but can not find one????

No, there's no switch. Are you sure you're at the right one? There are others in the mission but only 2 that actually open, one in the area you're in.

Nightwalker:

spoiler:
    I only see 2 grates on the street, both on the west end of the map. Neither one appears to be frobbable. Is one of them supposed to open?

The mission was off to a good start, but now I'm having the same problem as jprobs - grate won't highlight. I'm in the place described earlier by CocoClown.
    Last edited by Morrgan; 31st May 2006 at 17:46.

Just finished this awesome mission. But I'm short on two secrets and about 300 loot. Did anyone find Number 1 and Number 2? I red a note about someone putting them into a cell but I couldn't find it.

SinisterShadow: I have found 4 secrets:
    spoiler:
    loot behind picture, room behind window in Grunder Inn... a cannot remember last two
    and what secrets have you found ?

spoiler:
    I am having the same problem others have had. Once I get to the streets with one female guard walking a route and a male guard in front of a building none of the grates on the street hilight. One is supposed to isnt it ???

I'm not quite sure if these things were the secrets I found:
    spoiler:
    • the loot behind the painting,
    • the Grunder Inn window
    • in the room with the big boilers,
    • out of the window, where the painting secret is then left onto the balconies along that house wall and entering an open window at the other end

about that access to the sewers on the streets (grates problem) The grate, you are looking for is south west to the building with the two balconies with planted boxes. If you follow the street in that direction any further you reach a portcullis with a guard on patrol behind it.

I checked that thing in Dromed. There is a FrobInert MetaProperty attached to it initialy. Seems to be you'll have to do something else first.

WOW Finished this great mission! Figured out where I was stumped...

spoiler:
    I needed to get onto a roof with a chimney. This would be my only criticism of this FM, as there is no relatively easy way to do this. Then retracing your steps on this much too precarious path to complete certain objectives is too painful, and negates the fun factor.

Otherwise, a very well done mission. The Don is a master! I especially enjoyed
    spoiler:
    the diary entries explaining the "power of suggestions". Great story tie-in!

I found out the solution to the grate problem.
    spoiler:
    Climb back up onto the ledges, or restart the mission if you missed the rope arrow, head for the keepers book. Now enter that alcove ahead and open the shutters. Wait for the conversation to finish -- there are three guys doing something mad. Wait for all of them to leave through the door. Now you can open the grate on the streets.

Stuck meself..

Is it possible to jump back over to the building with the keeper note from the building with the plant boxes on each floor? I'm just taffin tired of bustin my ass when i jump for it. Tho I have put on a few pounds

Nevermind..

I got it.. sorry about the outburst..fellow fanatics will understand my pain.

Where are the lobby doors?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Nevermind taffers, I fell off the roof so much my brain got rattled.
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 31st May 2006 at 21:25.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast