TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

One of the best missions out there. This one is gonna be a classic
    Has everything I like about thief

Well I have done everything except find out why the boss wants me. I even got the bonus objective. I am at the grunder inn. I figure I have to get on the roof to fire an arrow at the antenna across the way thanks to a note in a guard shack. There is however no way to get there without a clipping error. I know I need a key for those 2 rooms at the beginning. Can someone tell me where to get it or what to do? If I have to climb the grunder inn, then I hope there is an easier way otherwise I will stop here as the clipping errors make it impossible and not worth it. I hope there is a easier way. Thanks for any help! Excellent mission so far!

Sting
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 31st May 2006 at 23:54.

I'm afraid I don't know what a "clipping error" is but I didn't encounter any problems when getting up onto that roof. You get there by going out a grate in the wall of the Maintenance room in an apartment building. Jump down off the spire that sticks out onto a flat roof. Go through a window into an apartment and through the building to the top floor. Go out a window onto another flat rooftop. Jump across to a corner ledge then jump from it to the ledge opposite. (It's a tough jump so saving before trying it is a good idea.) Walk around the building, jump across to another corner ledge and from there to the roof with the chimney. You need to be on this rooftop to get into the building where you'll find the key you're looking for.

I made it to locked room in first building, but
    spoiler:
    I cannot find key in room for unlock another room. The yellow folder on table highlights but nothing happened. What now ?

And I'm missing key to very small doors by big metal double door (one guard standing, and one patrolling).
    Please help...

SinisterSh.: wow, I am hunting secrets now...

Uncadonego: FM is great ! So many levels of paths in sewers, on street, on window ledges, even on rooftops. WOW, it's a great adventure to look for all secrets, hidden paths, open windows...

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    I CAN'T FIND ANY FROBBABLE GRATES. WHERE ARE THEM??? I'm on the streets down.

@Aspirin
    Did you shoot the antenna. And "disassemble" the sender?

@MotleyCat
    Did you overhear the conversation behind the shutters?

Sinistershadow: No, I'm listening to music and only have one quicksave and not in the mood to sneak past the dining room guard again at start, so please tell me

I'm afraid, unless you picked up a rope arrow, you'll have to. This conversation triggers the ability to open certain grates. See post: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...73#post1460273

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    @Aspirin
    Did you shoot the antenna. And "disassemble" the sender?
    No, I'm not a native english speaker, so sometimes I overlook some conversation or readables... Thanks for help.

spoiler:
    Number code of safe??

Oh, c'mon. It's really easy, the puzzle is already half way solved. Look on the note on the table. And if you don't know the rules, you can find them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudoku

Being a bit crap when it comes to puzzles, i was quite suprised to have found the code all by my big self during testing, and i don't even play that Sudoko thing. I've noticed there's quite a few of those game things on TV but i don't watch TV, i don't even have one! Never anything on worth watching to warrant having one IMO.

Going back to the mission, i thought it was a real neat puzzle. I never figured out that crazy puzzle in one of his previous FMs, where you had to find clues on the web.

Whatever are you going to come up with next uncadonego?

As for this clipping error, in the 3 times i ran through this whilst testing, i never saw one!

Finished. Excellent FM. That
    spoiler:
    button on the top of tower
    was devilish... Only short of two secrets...

@ MotleyCat- the code is really easy to solve; it took me less that three minutes.

Just the right mixture of everything that a rooftop mission should have in it and with ground access!
    I came up short 205 for loot and missed 2 secrets. I had a heck of a time finding the way out from the street in the beginning.
    spoiler:
    The note Garret leaves in the end is a great twist.
    The Mechanist Antenna and Elixir, when combined, to rule a world of drones!

That is just brilliant=) A lot of Fun!

I can't figure out how to get to the chimney roof. I read Nightwalkers post, but I dont understand it..

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    ... i don't watch TV, i don't even have one!
    Guess I'm not the only one. Nothing on TV comes close to playing these fabulous FMs.

On that note, this FM confirmed that I can still swear with the best of them. I don't think that I've had to reload so many times just to get to the next ledge. Or worse, to work my way back to the start only to find that I had to jump-retrace my steps all over again because I missed something the first ... and again a second time. Loved the surprise ending.

Speaking of great FMs, uncadonego, when are we going to get the sequel to Two Fathers?

Genie - I sent you an email with more detail in it. Hopefully that will help.

im not good with number puzzles, will someone give me a hint to the code?
    I think i figured out the missing numbers
    spoiler:
    but cannot figure out the correct sequence. please help

Your last two digits are wrong.

Check your PM's. ShadowWolf.

ShadowWolf421- You have One wrong number and the order of the last two are wrong, but your so damned close.

Found the last two secrets:
    • in the room with the letter about the rent and that no good galoot shoot a rope arrow in the ceiling, climb up and look around.
    • in the room where the book about HYSTERIA and MELONCHOLIA is, search for another frobbable book in the bookcase.

spoiler:
    WHERE EXACTLY is the BLACKJACK!???? I have looked and looked, but I cannot find it! I HATE having to "hide" around guards.

webe123 - How far have you gotten? It's pretty hard to miss the equipment, really. You need to go down the sewer grate that was mentioned in earlier posts and you'll find a lever to open a portion of the floor. Swim through the flooded tunnels and up at the far end. Your equipment is sitting on a table in that room.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast