TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    webe123 - How far have you gotten? It's pretty hard to miss the equipment, really. You need to go down the sewer grate that was mentioned in earlier posts and you'll find a lever to open a portion of the floor. Swim through the flooded tunnels and up at the far end. Your equipment is sitting on a table in that room.

Thank Nightwalker...I must have went the other way.

Anybody know
    spoiler:
    where I can find the "discharge rod" to disable the transmitter? Or, is there another way to destroy it?

It's locked in a small cupboard beside a set of unfrobbable metal doors, just past the spot where you overhear the two guards talking. The key to open it should have been with the mechanism when you found it.

Hehe! Uncadonego used a slightly different approach when it came to many doors... They aren't actually doors, but brushes and textures. Neat idea and they looked good too.

Thanks for the help with the grate, SinisterShadow, was able to finish the mission last night (with two bonus objectives, go me). Heh, it certainly gave me mixed feelings.

It started out great, very pretty-looking with just the right difficulty in sneaking around without your equipment and exploring your surroundings, but in the middle I got stuck twice with no idea what to do. This lead to me going back and forth a dozen times, which ended up being really frustrating, with all that jumping and climbing (and falling). I had big trouble finding the grate you need to go through in the Maintenance room, in order to get on the roof with the chimney, even after I'd read Nightwalker's post on it. I would never, ever have found it without Nightwalker's help (thanks NW), I couldn't see anything hinting that that was the way to go. Great place for a secret, but no so great for something you must find to proceed, in my opinion. On the same subject, good job on giving the player new, easier routes to get back to previous areas though, that made a big difference.

Fortunately things went more smoothly after I found that grate and the rest of the mission was as good as the start. I liked the presentation of the story and the twist at the end. I really enjoyed being able to go to all the different levels between sewers and rooftops, it's used too rarely in FMs. I must also say that AI placement was unusually well thought-out, compared to other FMs. Thanks, uncadonego!
    Morrgan's Dark Projects: my FMs and FM reviews - 10.03.2008: All for a Night's Sleep updated to v1.1

IŽam stuck.

Hi all, please, can anybody consecrate me exactly, where is the
    spoiler:
    grate you need to go through in the Maintenance room
    ?

I think, that I found the guard and the thief, but not behind the double doors but behind small grilled window a few centimeters upon the ground - at this street in the corner was a man flirting with the girl.

Plase, help.
    Last edited by Kiz; 2nd Jun 2006 at 07:21.

Kiz - Have you found the door that leads into the room with the combination safe? If you have, then past that door is a set of steps up to another section of town. On the left if an apartment building with a sign by the door that says "All Deliveries to the Front". Go inside and jump into the garbage bin. Rope arrow up to get into the building and you'll find the Maintenance room. The grate is high up on one wall so you'll have to use a rope arrow to reach it.

In second part of city
    spoiler:
    there is a closed small gate. Right column is climbable. So I can get there behind gate. Is it anything interesting there ?

I have found all secrets - thanks SinisterShadow.

great mission - I'm stuck

Hi - help Nightwalker and others please!

spoiler:
    I have destroyed the mechanism (I think) by putting the rod in the machine. At least it made a blowing up sound. Don't know what to do now - I think I still need some keys. One door still not open in the original building where I was being held, although I've opened the boss' spare bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley
    [...]Don't know what to do now [...] I've opened the boss' spare bedroom.
    spoiler:
    Just return to that room again and you will see.

Thanks SinisterShadow - but it's got me beat
    spoiler:
    went back to the boss spare bedroom and nothing has changed after I've destroyed the transmitter

Kimberley Did you read the book on the table in the sitting room beside her bedroom? There should be a key beside it which will open the last door that leads to the area where the mission ends.

@Kimberley
    What does your objective screen show? Any unchecked objectives?

Thanks both

Nightwalker
    spoiler:
    there is no book or key in the sitting room next to her bedroom, unless I'm still in the wrong room

SinisterShadow
    spoiler:
    I still have two objectives not checked off:
    the destroy it objective (even though I heard the blowing up sound when I used the rod) plus
    find out why the boss has gone to all this trouble

@Kimberley
    It's the "destroy it" objective. Maybe you've found a bug. Do you have a savegame prior to applying that rod? In that case try it again. Otherwise check the transmitter, there should be some pieces you can pickup: a spring wiring, a bantam node and a signal bolt (?). Sorry, I'm playing the german version of thief, so I don't know if the translations of these items are correct.
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 2nd Jun 2006 at 16:32.

OK in the beginning
    spoiler:
    I opened the grateclimed down and found the secret switch and herd something open
    what was it?????

Im sorry but missions that are to difficult seem annoying. I hope it gets better. I mean I hate to have to forum it every 20 steps to find out what to do.

As ussual I found the answer to my question immediatly after my post....he he I knew it would work.

Can someone tell me the safe combination? I want to enjoy Thief, and not maths.

It's too late to try such a puzzle...

@ Kimberley, i'm afraid that if your version of Thief 2 is not patched, you can't finish the mission. There's a note about this in the readme. The device will not explode properly otherwise, and some later things will not get triggered.

@ SethAC, 6572

Thank you, sluggs!

I'll try the code tomorrow. It's 10:49 PM now... I need some sleep (that was a very hard week ).

You're welcome. Have fun next week!

shoot the button

anyone help how to shoot that god damn button below the antenna

Where are you trying to hit it from? IMO, the best place is on the corner of the building, overlooking the one with the big chimney you can enter. It can take up all your broadheads just trying to hit it though. Save the game before trying.

I've just finished this excellent mission . Doubling back ( in my case loading an earlier save point ) to get the antenna was the only drawback . The textures , story , and roof climbing were all very well done . Anytime extra attention is paid to sounds is a big bonus for me as a player . Thief . being a first person sneaker , is all about sound and shadows . Thanks Uncadonego .

Wow, awesome FM! Just finished with 3:45 in game time. 3 solid evenings of thieving. Only missing 150 in loot and 1 secret on expert. This mission has it all, cool story, roof tops, climbing, tricky jumps, stealth, nifty secrets, you name it, it's in there (well, except undead )! The level of detail in this thing is astounding. Detailed brickwork, fancy molding, and chair rails everywhere. This FM must have taken ages to construct. My hat is off to you uncadonego, you've outdone yourself this time!

Two thumbs way up!

Nice, but no matter how many spoilers I think I need might need an explicit walkthrough for this one.
    I am Lost beyond hope.
    I am in the street and no spoilers could let me go out.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast