TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

I finialy finished this excellent mission. As for the clipping errors I experienced trying to climb up the hotel, thanks to nightwalker I found out I was trying in the wrong spot. Great mission, look forward to your next.

Sting

This is a great mission , a bit frustrating at times but hey, you can play this again! I need some help, though.

I'd been all over the place, collecting over 800 loot, but had no idea where to find the boss. I read this thread and realized that
    spoiler:
    I have to go back to the chimney.

Now I'm there, but how do I know
    spoiler:
    that I have hit the button? Does the button open the steel double doors? No? What does it do then? How do I get in? I can get back to the room with the double doors easy because I opened the bars in the window in that room but I'd hate to climb back down and find out I missed....

A bit later...

Okay, I found a way in.
    spoiler:
    I jumped from the roof of the inn through a window. In that room, there was a wall safe wih lots of information. In another room there was a locked box with the Boss's spare bedroom key inside, and another safe to which I have no key. If I go downstairs, I can get to the other side of those double doors. There's a box near the door which I can't open either. I guess I'd better go back to the starting building start trying that key.

But I still don't know
    spoiler:
    whether I hit that button!
    Last edited by Roz; 3rd Jun 2006 at 02:05.

I guess it's back to the drawing board !
    spoiler:
    All I got was a congratulory message for getting over 1000 loot...

Can anybody plase help me out? What have I missed?

If you don't know if you hit the button or not, then you didn't. You'll know when you do. (About 3 seconds after) I wondered why there were no signs of a fire arrow during testing... That would have made hitting the button far too easy!

Clearinghouse

Code

Please, give me a hint to the code.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing
    Please, give me a hint to the code.
    For the safe? the first two are 6 and 5

more?2 and 7 (not sure on the order) are the others
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 3rd Jun 2006 at 05:00.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, bob_doe_nz

button on the antenna

how do i know that i hit the button / antenna/ will i get message or something gets open??

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki
    how do i know that i hit the button / antenna/ will i get message or something gets open??
    Yes, you'll get a message.

need help

ok i got it now what to do i went to boss bedroom but i dont know what to do there. There is only blue box with some money. and still i dont hav key for another room next to bedroom.
    Ive olso dont have key to open that tiny door near doble metal door
    ive noticed also a metal door in the place where i found boss spare bedroom key what to do now ??

Knowing when you've
    spoiler:
    hit the button,
    thanks for everybody who suggested, hehe, that I wait for a reaction.

Funny, how before, after shooting 20 arrows at the thing,
    spoiler:
    I was getting a little frustrated, but knowing that there was going to be a reaction of some sort, I got the thing with my third arrow....

What happens
    spoiler:
    is that when you hit the button, Garrett says to himself, "Ah, I got it". This opens the wall safe I was previously unable to open.
    After that, it was pretty much clear sailing. I finished 241 loot short, though, and I only got 4 secrets. Replay time....

more help

i did that bymyself and leter read Your hint but now i'm stuck for good
    ive destroyed that thing behind metal doors by placing discharge rod and i get new objective
    "this is obviously linked with the boss and their plan destroy it !" what to do ??

@trudnicki
    spoiler:
    Return to the first building. If you see the boss, everything's OK, if you don't: look into the post by sluggs:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...09#post1461009

Excellent fm Uncadonego !
    Very good and with lot of places to explore.
    But the english language isn't my mother tongue and I didn't understand the conversations I was a little lost.
    Fortunately, the forum is here for help me to find my way

I loved your mission, it's a very great adventure with a funny story!
    I loved investigating streets and roofs to find finally this mysterious Boss
    Thank you for this great mission

Great mission, no doubt about it!

About conversations, it wasn't so much for not understanding what was being said, it was about believing them!!!

For example, when somebody says it can't be done (in Thief, that is), I don't quite believe it. For example, when the guards talked about the doors here, I took it as a challenge to Garrett! It's perfectly logical, when you think about it: isn't the whole Thief series build on the idea of Garrett pulling things off that just can't be done?

If i'm not mistaken, this is how an FM should be... Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, from ledge to ledge, sneaking, observing, finding secrets, being cunning.

Oh yeah!

*Ahem!

excellent mission! I'm having trouble getting back to the original building where I started (climbing back up the balconies). I slip off the white ledge half the time! Is there an eaiser way?

Yup, excellent fun mission!

I've got five secrets and 75 short on total loot...looking thru this thread, I'm just not sure...are there actually 2 secrets of
    spoiler:
    something or other behind paintings? Someone mentioned a secret in the "big boilers" room, but that's the "Alex Grubec" painting, I think... perhaps the one that's brightly lit and large upon a stairwell landing?
    Anyhow, I'm really wondering if anyone's gotten up to the 2nd or 3rd floor of the multi-arched building, the one where the business with the safe is in on the first floor...? I've tried leaping from the high balcony up to its right, but that's such an odd angle and I've failed all times I've tried (many)...or is there a secret up there?
    spoiler:
    And, of course, the door around the corner is like the only one in the entire mission that you can't mantle up onto from its edge! (sneaky...probably purposely done)
    -- I've only played on Normal (so far)... ---- Crowemagnon

I know exactly where you mean, regarding the building with all those arches. I thought the same thing when testing. I never looked up there so i can't say if there's anything up there or not. There's no frobbable crates nor a cam grenade to assist in finding out.

BANNED
    Execellent work! I love the rooftops! misses ledge

Silly question here...
    spoiler:
    but is something supposed to happen when you frob the paper trays on the Boss's desk?

@Ethne
    spoiler:
    No, that thing comes in handy later.

Thanks, I kinda thought so but figured I'd ask.... second silly question
    spoiler:
    Am I supposed to be on the inn rooftop chimney or on the chimney on the building with the antenna to hit that little itty bitty button? Because I can't figure out how to get to that one... and I am having a helluva time following my arrows progress from the top of the inn...

Ethne, You need to be
    spoiler:
    on the north lip of the chimney on the inn. There is an open window straight ahead of there that has something to read that will help for aiming.
    Hope this helps!

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Ethne
    Thanks, I kinda thought so but figured I'd ask.... second silly question
    spoiler:
    Am I supposed to be on the inn rooftop chimney or on the chimney on the building with the antenna to hit that little itty bitty button? Because I can't figure out how to get to that one... and I am having a helluva time following my arrows progress from the top of the inn...
    If you have a gas arrow you can easily hit that darn thing as these don't have ballistic arches...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast