TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

yeah, I thought of that after I had used the gas arrow. A fire arrow would have also been handy...

Another question:
    spoiler:
    I've destroyed the sending rod... now what am I supposed to do? I went back to the boss's room (she's sleeping) and the other room is still locked. And frobbing the tray still doesn't do anything...

@Ethne
    spoiler:
    Take a look on the table.

Thank you for all the help...

truly, I think it was one of the best missions I've played...
    spoiler:
    I especially liked the tie in with Thief 1 and the ending rocked.

It was particularly difficult for me as I am lacking in the jumping skills, but worth it. Thanks!!!

@Ethne
    I guess your jumping skills did improve now, didn't they?

slightly, but there were a lot of reloads.

Awesome FM, although somewhat difficult to find the way at times. Limited inventory used to good effect. Only 'flaw' was the rope-arrow dependency (I'm tempted to call it 'rope arrow linearity', since it wasn't really used to make alternate routes), but that's only a real problem when you try to iron-man it. The slightly dodgy jumps are probably going to be more of a problem anyway.
    Additionally I miss the 'junk' you can muck about with, I wonder why frob inert seems to be so popular in more recent FMs.

Anyway, good puzzles and good clues, having more than one clue never hurts. The piece of paper in the city watch lookout saved me another trip around the block to get back on the tavern roof (even hit that button on the first shot B-<). Only disappointment was the frob-inert jumper switch; you don't need a manual for any high-tech device when some divine intervention prevents Garrett from even considering the wrong switches.
    Lighting was good, although somewhat analogue. Nice use of extinguishables.
    Not too many marble/metal floors, and some nice wooden trim around most of them. The moss arrows weren't forgotten either.

The ending was okay, but it does seem our dear Garrett has gone soft over the years And weak too, he can't even knock in a wooden door anymore.

OK, finally made it up there in the arches!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    I know exactly where you mean, regarding the building with all those arches. I thought the same thing when testing. I never looked up there so i can't say if there's anything up there or not. There's no frobbable crates nor a cam grenade to assist in finding out.
    OK, finally made it up there in the arches! At the expense of a couple of dozen good lives... Finally caught and mantled up from that high odd-angle jump from the balcony. Guess what? Nothing up there! At least, not on the 2nd floor...it's up to someone else to try to make it onto the third floor! But, I'm still missing 25 loot, finally figured out that last secret, got all those... anyone found somewhat-hard-to-find loot for 25 gold? Inquiring minds wanna know...!

Just a recap of the secrets, in case anyone's interested/confused/whatever...

spoiler:
    1. Secret door in sewers (1st section)

2. Behind painting (lone woman in locked room)

3. Behind painting (Alex Grubec, boiler room)

4. 2nd floor room Grunder Inn (west side entry)

5. High loot hidden from rent gambler (see note in same room)

6. Psychiatrist's 2nd floor room (he sleeps), frob book
    Last edited by crowemagnon; 4th Jun 2006 at 22:47.

@crowemagnon
    spoiler:
    Did you find the single coin in the sewers? Though this thing's worth is only five gold.

finished it at last!! though very hard, also quite enjoyable....

ok I hit the button got the key, fetched the discharge rod and put it in the machine, the machine made a rising hum followed by a bang but appears intact I'm guessing from other posts that I'm not playing a patched version of thief, I've got "Thief 2 Final 1.18" where do I find this patch ?

ta

um just applied the T2Premier patch got warnings about replacing files so I said to do 'em all then I did the dromed118 patch, reloaded a save and still got the same bang but no bits are there some other patches I need ? thief still says its 1.18 even after running the premium patch

have I done something wrong ?

I'll try a runthrough from the start but I've a feeling it'll be the same result

I guess, you'll have to restart the mission (sorry). The same happens when you add some custom scripts -- they won't get used correctly until you restart the mission.

bum oh well here goes another trip round

Just finished and wanted to drop don a note of thanks. Outstanding work as usual. I got through without any difficulty...though I only found one secret and about 55% of the loot. But that's OK...makes for a better 2nd run someday.

This was one of those times when I just did everything right and just seemed to always choose the fast track...like
    spoiler:
    killing the antena before I found or overheard any clues.
    . It's good to be the thief.

Thanks again don.

Thank you for this very entertaining mission! I think I missed some interesting possibilities to climb somewhere, but made it through it at least, thanks to Nightwalkers hints and helps regarding the way to the chimneyin this thread (thank you, Nightwalker!).
    I liked the way you tricked the player (me) into going down to the streets by placing this moss arrow on the small flat of the roof, from where you had to drop down.
    And the story was very interesting, I actually left the loot at the place of the boss' sister, because I thought they would need it to save her from this evil husband.

Ok I patched and ran through with a brand new mission, still getting bang but no bits and the objective doesn't tick off

hayulp!

Got that one...

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    @crowemagnon
    spoiler:
    Did you find the single coin in the sewers? Though this thing's worth is only five gold.
    Yup! Altho, I almost missed that area...one of those where I say to myself, "I'll get back to that later..." Yeah, right! Still just the 25 gold short, hopefully it's one coin stack, one spot...hopefully not on the 3rd floor of the arched building! But KUUUUDOS to whoever can git up there! Wings would help.... --Me

Quote Originally Posted by crowemagnon
    [...]But KUUUUDOS to whoever can git up there! Wings would help.... --Me
    Well, according to this post, there is a way to get you some "wings"

I'm replaying this mission (or rather, I started replaying it), and it was really fun! (I even found the fifth secret, hehe, quite on my own.) Up to a point, that is.

I just can't believe
    spoiler:
    I once hit that button with my 23rd arrow!
    And I actually complained about being frustrated! I've shot may 180 arrows at it now (I can't do more than 60 at one go, so I give it a rest and when I feel like it I reload the game and try again
    spoiler:
    (I've left Garrett standing on the chimney ledge, poor guy ) but no luck.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    spoiler:
    It took me 4 or 5 arrows the first time, then I reloaded and got it on the first try.

By the way Don, this is a really nice mission, I had a blast! I played on Normal and now plan to head back in on Expert to find the loot and secrets I missed the first time...

Great mission, Don only missed one secret and about 150 loot

encore, mon ami

another 'completely stuck' question

I'm completely stuck here (third floor of the inn).

I don't know how to jump to those window & don't know how to reach inn roof - slow fall potion doesn't help.

Where to go next?

spoiler:
    Remember the chute with the sacks in? Go up there, find the maintenance room, go to the window and look above it. That's where ye need to go.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast