TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

still having objective problems here, I'm playing on expert if that makes a difference

also I've noticed a few others having similar problems and being pointed at a patch which I've done and had no effect, has anyone else successfully patched their install and hed the objective tick off ?

I've even reinstalled Telliamed's & Gaylesaver's scripts

have to say that even playing through from the start repeatedly like this isn't getting old though it's a superb mission

just reset everything, repatched, reinstalled scripts, downloaded a fresh copy of the mission and gonna give it another whack, think I'll try easy this time and see if I can get to the objective a bit quicker

---- edit ----

humpf still no objective ticking off, guess I'm going to have to skip this one

damn shame 'cos it's excellent
    Last edited by Esme; 7th Jun 2006 at 09:44.

@Yandros -- My first reaction: well, how nice for you!! My second reaction, what's your secret? I don't get myself: I don't understand how it can be so hard this time around.

Nghngh. I can sometimes actually see the arrow fall when I aim too low, but when I raise my aim, I just keep missing...

Hey, what do you know, talking about it actually helped! I got it with my 193rd arrow. My secret? (Is there anybody who wants to know?)

spoiler:
    I went to the northwesternmost end of the northern edge of the chimney. You can see your arrows from there practically all the time, which makes it easier to adjust your aim.

Hey everyone: let's do the button shot a bit more challenging: look away from the target, the bow lowered, close your eyes, aim without looking and shoot.

If you hit it this way in the first shot, you're the real master of archery.

Edit: typos
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 7th Jun 2006 at 19:28.

Having a blast playing this one, but I must be retarded cause I'm stuck.
    I'm in the area where you jump from the grate with the spire to the flat roof. But I'm down on the street, went exploring, knocked out 2 guys that talked about hitting a switch with an arrow, and I can't climb back up.
    Must be missing something obvious...

Never mind! Found it. Sheesh! I'm blind...
    Last edited by shadow*jewels; 9th Jun 2006 at 02:26.

@SinisterShadow -- All that we need now is a screenshot of you doing the thing

And never mock a person who's shot 193 arrows at a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz
    @SinisterShadow -- All that we need now is a screenshot of you doing the thing
    I've never said, that I could do it.
    BTW: Since this is a sequence of actions, how could a screenshot show you, that I didn't cheat? How can you be sure I closed my eyes?

No! A screenie wouldn't be enough to proof someone did it. You'll need a video of the one sitting in front of his/her computer and doing that thing.

Originally posted by SinisterShadow
    No! A screenie wouldn't be enough to proof someone did it. You'll need a video of the one sitting in front of his/her computer and doing that thing.
    Hehe ! In this day and age, that shouldn't be a problem

BTW, I'm eagerly awaiting for somebody to put up a loot list...
    spoiler:
    I did find the coin in the sewer, that wasn't a problem, in fact, it was a piece of cake

Any tips on how to hit that freggin button below the antenna. Is relly pissin me off. Whare is a fire arrow when you need it?

Thanks

spoiler:
    OK I got it with the gas arrow but then how the heck to I deal with the two guards in room of vents. I cant kill anyone and they always see me when I unlock the grate and just stand there waiting.

All done. A very frusterating mission. To dark and overly difficult in parts but
    taste varies. What I find easy one may find hard and vice versa. Thanks for the mission Uncocneto.........
    Last edited by Lightningline; 10th Jun 2006 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme
    still having objective problems here, I'm playing on expert if that makes a difference

also I've noticed a few others having similar problems and being pointed at a patch which I've done and had no effect, has anyone else successfully patched their install and hed the objective tick off ?

I've even reinstalled Telliamed's & Gaylesaver's scripts

have to say that even playing through from the start repeatedly like this isn't getting old though it's a superb mission

just reset everything, repatched, reinstalled scripts, downloaded a fresh copy of the mission and gonna give it another whack, think I'll try easy this time and see if I can get to the objective a bit quicker

---- edit ----

humpf still no objective ticking off, guess I'm going to have to skip this one

damn shame 'cos it's excellent
    Same here, very frustrating. Is there an essential difference between the US-Version an European versions of Thief2? Ive got an english version (UK, the cheap-version from Sold.Out.Uk) and the "normal" 1.07-1.18 patch and all scripts I found to install. But I often have problems with certain "events" which wont function: the "Explosion" in this mission, the porter thingy in "Cryptic Cravings", the "Walk-around-counter-clockwise-to-open-a-door" in "Keyhunt", some mission wont tick their objectives off (f.e. "Darkness Falls" but others too) etc. I play any new FM I get my fingers on so most missions worked well. But some wont and that are often very interesting missions. I already re-installed T2 several times with all custom scripts but it keeps just frustrating. I even look sometime on Ebay if I can get a US-Version but without success. *sigh*

So there are any differences known between US and European versions?

Excellent mission, Don! You are getting very good at laying out tricky 3-D maps with jumping puzzles. That area near the wooden gate is one of the best jumping puzzles ever. I have had a lot of fun with this one.

Playing on Expert, I am short 1 secret and 60 loot, so far without help. I don't completely understand crowemagnon's list of secrets, so I am not sure what I am missing. The picture below shows a place I think I should be able to enter from the roof, but so far I have not been able to get up there.

Can I enter this place? What is the route?
    Last edited by smithpd; 11th Jun 2006 at 13:14.

@WildWilbur and everyone else having simmilar problems with this mission(s):
    Can you make a complete list of missions along with the things not working for you and post them in a new thread? Seems as if these problems are more common than they should be.

@smithpd
    You could easily get up there:
    spoiler:
    return to the balcony to which you went for reaching the roof of the inn. Jump to the corner ledge and then to the ledge across. Now instead of walking the ledge towards the inn take the other branch. The roof below is the one you are looking for. you could just drop down there and take a bit of damage. Unfortunately there is nothing down there. So I've no idea how to get in there, but I can assure you if it's possible to get in there at all, it's not counted as one of the secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    @smithpd
    spoiler:
    Unfortunately there is nothing down there. So I've no idea how to get in there, but I can assure you if it's possible to get in there at all, it's not counted as one of the secrets.
    Thanks, SinisterShadow. Too true. If anyone knows, I'd be curious to know if you can get in there and whether there is loot in that chest. For now, I'll write it off as a teaser.

I went back this evening and got the last secret using crowemagnon's list. It was:
    spoiler:
    4. 2nd floor room Grunder Inn (west side entry)
    I found a flute in there worth 50, so now I am still missing 10 loot! I've got all the pockets. I found the coin worth 5 in the sewer, so I guess there must be two more of those somewhere or a porcelain platter that I missed.
    Last edited by smithpd; 12th Jun 2006 at 01:48.

I need a little bit help:

spoiler:
    I hit the button and turned off the antenna. Where do I go next? I cannot leave the area I am in. I dropped of the ledge from the maintenance room to get on the flat roof and in the apartment. I listend to the two guards in front of the door talking about the antenna. The highest I can get right now is back on the top flat roof. When I try to jump on the roof of the inn I get stuck. I sit above one of the windows and can't move any further. The only option I have is to jump down in the street and that kills me.
    What's with the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow
    @WildWilbur and everyone else having simmilar problems with this mission(s):
    Can you make a complete list of missions along with the things not working for you and post them in a new thread? Seems as if these problems are more common than they should be.
    this is the only fan mission I've ever had a problem with the objective not ticking off. basic action is as above put the discharge bar into the device, listen to power build up whine followed by bang and no change except the bar is now part of the machine and can't be removed I've even tried BJ'ing it for a few minutes to see if I could break it that way I'm expecting the "catastrophic thermal runaway" like the book says and possibly some bits but nothing seems to happen

or am I being completely dumb and I've got to do something else first ?

I quit...

spoiler:
    I jumped on the roof of the inn and than down to get back in the streets. The streets are guard free by now. I have no clue what to do or where to go next. I find nothing about the "boss" and have no idea what the mechanism is that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't know what I am missing. What I like about the mission are the narrow streets and the roof climbing, but a few more clues would have been nice.

Maybe I try it again tomorrow...
    What's with the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme
    or am I being completely dumb and I've got to do something else first ?
    Is your version of Thief 2 patched? You know, with the 30+mb one? If not, you will have to patch it, then restart the FM. If you patch it then reload a previous save, it will not work. This was explained in the readme file.

assassine You need to get back on the roof of the Inn and look for an open window in a building across from it. You can just walk off the roof and land on the windowsill. You need to explore that building thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Is your version of Thief 2 patched? You know, with the 30+mb one? If not, you will have to patch it, then restart the FM. If you patch it then reload a previous save, it will not work. This was explained in the readme file.
    well it was V1.18 to start with but I dutifully downloaded the premium patch and applied it (T2PremierPatch107-118.exe), I cleared out the ThePowerOfSuggestion.zip from my fm directory and got a new one I reinstalled gaylesaver (UsrScriptT2_1x2BugFix.zip) and Telliameds (tnhscript154.zip) scripts and even got the patched dromed (dromed118.zip), then I restarted it from scratch, kicked off garretloader 1.32, installed the fm, played on easy and made a bee line for this one objective point and it still didn't work

I'm going to try cleaning out T2 completely and reinstalling it from disk again to see if that helps

This post has been moved to The Editors Guild.

If you are a mission designer and want to participate in finding a solution to the transmitter problem, please visit this thread.

Thank you.

Edit: The problem seems to be solved now, check out the mentioned thread above to get the solution.
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 17th Jun 2006 at 09:21.

All this tech stuff belongs in the Editor's Guild so, if necessary, please start another thread there for questions of that nature.

As for you problem, Esme, there have been instances where it looked as if the patch was installed but for some reason, something went wrong and it didn't work properly. I believe it was Hit Deity who figured that out awhile ago, though I'm not sure. A total reinstall & patch might fix it but I can't really say for sure. I believe he had to do some registry editing of some sort which many of us aren't comfortable with.

well a reinstall hasn't worked, I'll take a look at the editors thread, thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    assassine You need to get back on the roof of the Inn and look for an open window in a building across from it. You can just walk off the roof and land on the windowsill. You need to explore that building thoroughly.
    Thank you so much.

After
    spoiler:
    many many tries to get on the roof, it finally worked. And after I got in the room, everything else was easy.

I just finished the mission. I am 3 secrets short and need ~240 more in loot.
    What's with the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd
    Has anyone managed to find a way in to here yet ?, it appears to be a full room and not just an image, you can shoot an arrow into the box for example, also is there any way of getting into the room where the couple argue about funerals near the beginning ?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast