TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

As far as I know, there's no access to either of those rooms. Don likes to keep things realistic so if you can see in, it has to look "finished"

Has anyone successfully ghosted the mission? One of the beta testers did it, and he suspected that it may be Perfect Ghost-able.
    For those of you who must wack and stack everyone in the mission, what are your best stats? I know it's easier for the guy who built the mission to get through fast, but here are my stats. Anyone come close or beat me?

EXPERT
    Total Time: 45 minutes 44 seconds
    Found 1431 loot out of 1431 (yeah, real hard for the guy that hid it)
    Pockets picked 14 out of 15 (really all of them) locks picked 14
    Knock outs 55
    Damage Dealt 55 Damage Taken 0 Healing Taken 4
    Secrets Found 6 out of 6

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!!

Oh.....and one more thing. If you plan it right and execute your moves right, you only have to go up on that blasted roof once. REALLY.

I just finished Conspiracies by ROFB, so I'll be starting up this one next. I'm not going to read any of the spoilers here first though. Sounds like it's a hard one by some peoples' comments. I'll take your challenge though. Maybe not first time through, but once I figure it all out I'll go for the time breaker. 45 minutes eh?

Where's the inn

If there was a map, i never found it....I have everything, but info on the boss.....I've read many threads, about the inn, but not sure where it is.....can someone point it out to me....this was a long mission and i only get to play a little at a time....I probably was at the inn earlier and just forgot.....

It's this building:

45 minutes, eh? How about 9 hours and still 10 loot short? I like to grind them into the ground.

I see no barrier to ghosting it, although I quickly gave up on that idea because I retraced my steps too many times. I did, however, make it through all areas in ghost mode at least one time.

missing 10 loot? Man, that womps! I'll check where tensies are when I get a chance and suggest places you may have missed.

OK Peter, I got a chance to go through it and here is a list of possible stuff. I list anything under ten because it could be a combination of a couple of things in different places.
    spoiler:
    5 in sewer
    10 on desk in cop rest station
    10 on desk in cop rest station
    5 on desk in cop rest station
    10 gold plate in sink in basement kitchen
    10 purse on archer's belt in front of building with basement kitchen
    10 purse on archer's belt in front of building with the funky shaped covered staircase
    5 in box behind water tank in upstairs maintenance room (rope arrow room)
    5 in box behind water tank in upstairs maintenance room (rope arrow room)
    5 on window ledge of upstairs brewery breakroom
    5 on window ledge of upstairs brewery breakroom

Anything else is greater than 5 or ten, so it couldn't add up to your last ten. It must be one or more of these few areas.

Thanks a lot, Don. Lots of opportunities to miss 10, I see, so it's no wonder. Right now I am tied up in a couple of projects, but I will be sure to go back in to find the loot when I have a moment to spare. It's a great mission, and I wouldn't mind replaying it.

One trip to the Inn roof

If you end up replaying the whole thing, make sure to open the window grate in the basement where the thief and the cop have the "with an arrow" conversation, just in case you have to go back from a fall or something. Now get everything in the brewery area before going back up to the apartment which eventually leads to the window over the entrance roof
    spoiler:
    (I'm taking about the roof over the entrance where you jump to the green building buttress to jump to the red building, to jump back to the green building again on the other buttress, then jump to the Grunder Inn roof. While you're on the buttress facing your jump to the Grunder Inn, shoot a moss arrow near where you will land, and one just north of the chimney at the peak. Make your jump, then go up on the chimney and shoot a water arrow down the chimney and then a moss arrow. Go down there and take everything you can out of Jacko's apartment. Go back up, stand firmly on the north rim of the chimney, and aim your arrow at the middle light on the antenna, with the light inside the side, but very near the bottom of the sight. That should get it within one or two arrows. Run down the roof aligned straight with the open window of the antenna building. Don't jump, just run off. You'll land in the window. Once in the room on terra firma, steal and do the transmitter thing. By the way quicksave a lot, but make sure you're not stuck in Dark Engine sticky places. Once you're done in that building, jump out the window onto the second story roof slope of the Inn, meaning the partial roof jutting out under the second floor windows. Fighting gravity by facing towards the building, walk around the slope until you get into the window of the secret room. Take out the stuff from there and carefully go out the window. Fighting gravity again by walking on the slope by facing the building, continue walking to the building on the south side of the Inn, and walk off the roof, landing on the little roof covering the porch area of that south building. Put some moss arrows on the pipe, and walk the pipe to the dining room window. Steal that stuff, then you can drop down to the ground when you're done.

Voila, the whole mess taken care of in one trip, no retracing steps and having to make all those jumps again.

Hi, all.

I'm a newbie to this Theif fan mission thing (though a long time thief fanatic) and chose as my first fan mission "The Power Of Suggestion".

Absolutely excellent! Kudos to all involved. You've done a superior job of hooking me up with a further Thief fix.

It was a wonderful side adventure in the life of Garret, master thief.

I managed to get it all done, but I missed out on a LOT of loot. Only 869 out of
    spoiler:
    and four secrets out of
    spoiler:
    six

Extremely well done! CLAP CLAP CLAP! Standing ovation!

All the best

McQ

Glad you liked it McQ! But rather than talk about the mission, I'd like to extend an invitation to you to post a little bit about yourself on the thread "Who Are You?". Just the info you're completely comfortable with, and some of your favourite missions, little things like that. It's a thread where we all get to know one another.

I added a link to the "Who are You" thread in the FAQ, just in case somebody actually reads it.

I wonder how taffers would feel about making it a sticky...

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego
    I wonder how taffers would feel about making it a sticky...
    I think that's a good idea. Of course, maybe I should post to it someday.

I feel incredibly dumb for asking this question, but I'm hoping the magic of asking will lead to my figuring it out on my own while I wait for help.

I just overheard the guard and the thief discuss using an arrow to hit the switch on the antenna. I went back through the building and out to the ground level. I am trying to get back onto the roof, but can't find a way to do so. No one else seemed to have this problem, so it must be something obvious, but I can't see it. Please help!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The magic worked. I knew what to do in the first place, but I was too impatient.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Jun 2006 at 12:20.

I would be happy to post a bit about myself over in the other thread, but as for favorite fan missions, this would have to be it. It's the first one I've ever played!

I got lucky, because I hear it's one of the best out there. I thought it was amazing and will be replaying it again and again.

I hear there's another one out there called 'Thieves Highway' I think? That's supposed to be pretty good, too right?

McQ

If you enjoyed this one, you'll definitely enjoy Thieves Highway.

Thieves' Highway is much, much more rooftop oriented, McQ. In fact, in the style of Life Of The Party, you can't get too close to the streets. There are many similarities to LOTP in homage to that mission, so if you like LOTP, I hope you will enjoy Thieves' Highway. The title itself is from the name of a room group in the room database in the original mission file. Just search for it at thiefmissions.com, and it will pop up for you.

Thanks. I'll do just that. Life Of The Party is one of my favorite Thief levels EVER.

Uh, by the way, where's the faq with the links to the threads so I can introduce myself? Or better yet just a link to the referred to thread? I just surfed right onto this particular thread by doing a google search for "Power of suggestion thief fan mission".

Forgive my newbiness. I want to become more integrated into the online theifing community that's for sure.

All the best

McQ

You'll find the FAQ here and the "Who are you?" thread here .

Ask anything you like. We are always glad to welcome newcomers and I think you'll find that most people are very friendly here.

I really enjoyed playing this FM. I appreciate the attention to detail and loved
    spoiler:
    the lighting down in the sewers.
    I only wish Thief 2 had TDS sound.

I loved the horn ambient in Old Quarter in TDS. It would be nice to import it for FM's. I asked once on the TDS forum if anyone had the program to extract the sounds from TDS, but at the time, I didn't get any replies. Maybe someone has it now. They say the program for the schemas in TDS is a larger program than the level editor! It would be a great mission building resource to have the music and other ambients, not to mention all that brand new and voluminous Garspeak!

I posted my reply to the wrong thread. Sorry Uncadonego

In this FM I liked the
    spoiler:
    thieves' highway approach to get into some of the buildings and creeping around in the air vents. There is a lots of detail here too, and everything looks so clean.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    uncadonego
    I have an Old quarter.mp3, I think I downloaded it from The Circle.
    I have also extracted all the sound/speech and schemas from the T3editor, unfortunately I don't remember exactly how I did and what program I used. I haven't the editor installed anymore.
    I think I used DXIW Sound Drone or/and winLame.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast