TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Power of Suggestion, by uncadonego (31st May 2006)

Lady Rowena, if you still have all of those resources available, could you put them in a folder and upload it to epithumia's public/incoming/thief folder? I'd really appreciate getting those schemas, especially all the Garspeak. I know this is putting the cart before the horse, but I'll PM epithumia to ask if he could host that folder.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Uncadonego, all the sounds are in compressed in ogg format and still the amount of them all is 600 Mb. I have a 50k connection and it took two nights to send a 50 Mb file to Jason.

Anyway, I organized them in folders and the Garrett folder is only 6 Mb, briefings are not included. The briefings are 4 MB.
    I don't know if epithumia is willing to host these things because of copyrights issues.
    If you are interested PM me and I will find a way to send them to you.
    BTW, I think that you are interested in the sounds, not the schemas, right?

Walkthrough??

Is there any chance of a walkthrough being created? Pleeease?!

I get to play for 30 minutes at a time (I'm knee-deep in infant kangaroo joeys needing constant feeds) and I've lost my direction so many times. I love the look and feel of this fm but I'm so hopelessly lost.

I'm so lost I can't even think of the right questions to ask. Like, - how on earth do you get to the roof of the inn. Poor Garrett just wanders like a forlorn lost soul wondering where to go and what to do.

I think I'll have to shelve this one for a while and replay some older ones, just to get my Thief cravings under some sort of control.

If anyone is writing a walkthrough for this one, please post here to let me know. If not, I may do a walkthrough with some screenshots.

I think you should do it, Don. It would be interesting to see it written by the person who created it as you know all the shortcuts, etc.

Yes, I agree. It would probably be best if I did it and showed my preferred route, especially since this mission is 97% so open-ended. My next mission will back off a bit on the non-linearity. This is obviously a tad too far to go for open-endedness. The trick I suppose is to learn how to make the player feel that they aren't being led down a straight path with no choice as to direction, but to make sure that certain sequences must be followed without being obviously noticed. Non-linearity is more about illusion than being thrown into an open-ended map.

Nice FM, real nice. Mixed messages was a bit better, since this one suffered from being too open, some stuff like that grate in the maintenance room or the elusive sewer hatch were irritating and you could at least made a fast way to the top of the building with the chimney. I must have retraced my steps 8 times to get to the hotel backdoor and maintenance room just because that was seemingly the only way up there. Grinding, to the say the least. Otherwise it was a geat mission. Well, up until I realised that I couldn't solve it thanks to having an earlier version of T2.

So, could someone tell me twist and the ending, preferably in spoiler captions? Last time I looked, updating kills your saves, and I have a dozen FMs unfinished(I like to leave good stuff for later and check out new ones right away), so just updating the thing isn't really an option now. Not to mention, I'm a bit burned on rooftop jumping.

Anyone?

Oh, and I'm back. Hi.

Musopticon?

you could at least made a fast way to the top of the building with the chimney.
    I did.

Otherwise it was a geat mission. Well, up until I realised that I couldn't solve it thanks to having an earlier version of T2.
    The Darkloader text admonishes players to:
    Make sure you are running the patched version of Thief 2 so that a certain objective works.

My apologies. The next mission I make will make alternate routes lit up with a spotlight and the Darkloader text will be in very very large type.

Yeah! Musopticon? is back!

Oh, please. Did I somehow tarnish the glint of your ego, or do you do that to everyone? Anything I wrote wasn't meant to hurt, sure I' wouldn't happily replay the mission just because I missed the ending. Sure, I didn't feel it was exactly up to your previous work, but I didn't bash you. Or your mission. Please, spoil me.

You could at least tell me where the quick way is and not verbally pounce on my throat. If I offended you, then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. Sheesh.

You know, I didn't miss you one bit.

The following is a copied list of secrets from pages and pages ago.

spoiler:
    1. Secret door in sewers (1st section)

2. Behind painting (lone woman in locked room)

3. Behind painting (Alex Grubec, boiler room)

4. 2nd floor room Grunder Inn (west side entry)

5. High loot hidden from rent gambler (see note in same room)

6. Psychiatrist's 2nd floor room (he sleeps), frob book

Last edited by crowemagnon : 4th Jun 2006 at 07:47 PM.

I'm having a problem with finding #2 and #5. Could someone be explicit.

@Clock
    About the 2nd: If you've found #6 it's quite close. Look outside the window across the street. The Building you are looking at contains the secret. The only thing you'll have to find out is: a way in. If you found the lady, search for a hidden switch.

About the 5th: There is a room with a note about someone has hidden money from someone else to pay the rent. Examine the corners of this room near the ceiling.

Thank you

spoiler:
    That particular picture secret I was aware of but I was looking for a frobbable picture, not a switch. And there are pictures all over this FM. There are rooms all over this FM. There are a few rooms with pictures and a female lounging inside, and I was to all of them and couldn't locate a frobbable picture. Never thought of a switch.

oy

This level is so much work it's ridiculous. I've been sifting through this thread and reading desperate cry after desperate cry and I think -- yep, my brain and my eyes are starting to bleed. The level's nice and all; great work, I mean it -- but I'm off to find another, more internally helpful fm.

Ciao and the best of luck/godspeed to you stronger-minded Hands of Garrett out there.
    Bungo

It has nothing to do with my mission or my ego, Musopticon?. It's your attitude in practically every post you ever make. JackofTrades said it best, and actually, the least I could do for you is nothing. If you call light sarcasm and smilie-faced icons pouncing on your throat, you're the one with the delicate ego, not me. You can have the last word if you like, because I'll be ignoring you now as I always have...

P.S. I like you!

Ok, I'm not needed and definetly not wanted. I'll just stick to what I usually do and we ignore each other. Sure, it worked before. And by the by, it wasn't the sarcasm which got me riled(although, yes it, eh...riles me sure), but mood that was all the more evident from your above post. You think I am a pest.
    Last edited by Musopticon?; 10th Jul 2006 at 08:06.

OK, I finally finished it. I took so long because I wanted to replay Conspiracies. The first time spun me around so much and going back and forth made me get motion sickness. I did better the second time around though. As for your latest mission, I thought it was outstanding. The cool things like looking out of a window onto one city block but only entering it from another city block, in a sense connecting all the mission's parts, was fascinating to figure out and admire. The rope arrowing and jumping puzzles were fantastic! I found some of the conversations confusing and unrelated at first, but then started piecing it together, and then at the end it all came together. Nice not to be spoon fed, but to be given credit for enough brains to piece it together myself. I couldn't find any of your famous hidden meanings in this mission though, except
    spoiler:
    the crazy Ophelia painting over the lady's bed.
    I thought that was apt, but kind of sad. Good story elements that all came together.
    spoiler:
    I got the button on my third arrow, then re-loaded and got it first try!
    I loved the
    spoiler:
    transmitter explosion too.
    Great attention to detail in the architecture too. Only a slight notch above Thieves' Highway, but you are becoming the master of three dimensional mission design. Keep on rockin' uncadonego! Two thumbs way up!
    Now to find the rest of the secrets and the loot....

that is such a nice thing to say....

.....the next mission I build will be on a flat plane with only one direction to travel.......

JUST KIDDING!

You'd better not!

I know you're joking anyway!

Excellent mission. I never have problems navigating around in games (as in real life). I seem to remember loads of useless information, like the layout of levels.

Anyways. Good work.

I would expect someone who gives themselves the moniker "northeast" would be able to navigate themselves properly in a mission!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it>

Hm. Well, that's my actual surname. But, perhaps it's fate. :P

Your actual surname? Oh, you were meant to play Thief!

trouble jumping unto the roof of the Grunder Inn

The first time I tried jumping unto the roof of the Grunder Inn, I had no problem at all, so I didn't save. Since then I have had no luck. I keep landing on the side roof. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Next jump landed right on the roof. Thanks.
    Last edited by king42; 26th Jul 2006 at 22:26.

Just about to start playing the patches convict osm and gen osm which I belive I need are now saved on my desktop now what do I do? help please

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast