TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Orthodox Wedding released June 9, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Abert
    How about the loot in the guard tower near the begining? I can lean through and take 2 out of 3, but can't find a way to unlock it.
    spoiler:
    If I understand your description of that place correctly, there is a lockbox nearby which unlocks the cupboard.

Thank you for this nice FM! Those two happy ghosts look cute!.
    And thanks to all the helpful people in this thread, without you I'd still stand in the fountain or at some other places wondering where to go.

What a fun mission!

This mission made me feel like I was watching one of those old late late movies before cable TV came around. One of those movies where they travel to a foreign country like Hungary or Romania or something and hunt down monsters!

Like the others, I really enjoyed the artwork, but I don't think the architecture itself is getting enough credit. Very well done.

My favorite parts:

When you first exit the
    spoiler:
    cobweb tunnel behind the waterfall and the red eyed ghost rushes past you.
    Freaky! I went back and
    spoiler:
    slowed down my entrance at that part, and if you go slow enough, you can make him appear but not make him rush at you. Then you can get a good look at him.

On the lowest floor of the mansion,
    spoiler:
    when you come up on the corpse on the ground, it stands up and becomes the tall hooded guy with weird eyes.
    spoiler:
    There was another of those in the area you access from behind the painting. Neat skins.

I liked the
    spoiler:
    owl
    in the
    spoiler:
    mill's yard. Kinda reminded me of that mechanical owl on Clash Of The Titans.

And finally, I loved the detail to attention on the things like the
    spoiler:
    horses and the ram and deer statues in building directly across from the place you begin the mission at.

Thanks for a great mission.

Congratulations and an observation

Congratulations to the authors of the mission. I have not played it yet but have only seen the initial church scene. Absolutely stunning! Most impressive.

The bride and groom AI did a round around the altar, and returned to their original positions. This was amazing, because this circling of the altar is actually a part of Orthodox wedding ceremonies.

I am curius as to whether the authors of the mission intentionally designed the AI in such a way, or was it a random pattern?

Happy taffing to all,

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewPhD View Post

The bride and groom AI circled around the altar. I found this amazing, as this circling is a part of actual Orthodox wedding ceremonies. Did the authors intentionally assign the AI to do this,
    Yes!

Thanks

Thank you very much tdbonko for answering.

AndrewPhD

Stupid Question but

spoiler:
    Where is the info on Sava?
    Last edited by Tsukino; 21st Oct 2006 at 04:47.

Tsukino-
    i can't exactly remeber(haven't played it for a few months) but have you looked in the church? there's a room in there that you get to by a ladder and there's a scroll or book or something in there that you read that i think has that info in there, if that's not it, let me know on here and i'll play it again to see if i can find it -if you haven't found it by then, but you probably will

I think She-Thief is right. If I recall correctly. there's a ladder in the church library that leads to an upper room. Frob the torch to open the cabinet. No, that's what gives the objective, isn't it? In that case, have you been in the graveyard behind the mill? Open the coffin in the grave and it will blow open the doorway to the house opposite. Read the scroll that's lying on the floor.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Oct 2006 at 21:28.

Thanks for the help guys but I found it in
    spoiler:
    The little abandon cabin with no doors. I used the teddy bear as a platform. Unfortantly I had to backtrack in my saves a bit to have the thorns to get him through the window and then get the vampires in the mansion

This is a very fun & spooky mission! I'm loving it for all the reasons already mentioned, but I'll add one I don't think anyone's mentioned yet: The dancing folks in the inn/bar! Those river-dancing steps were hilarious and fun to watch! I played this one with my daughter and we laughed for quite awhile at them, and also jumped in our seats at the white ghost. Great stuff!

But, yes, I think I'm stuck. I think the only thing I need are the
    spoiler:
    stakes to kill the vampires, but I can't seem to find them. The only stakish-looking items I've found are in the house in the graveyard area which grants access to the vampire house, but these stakes are unfrobbable.

Any hints on where to find them would be greatly appreciated!

bassmanret: I hope I remember it correctly and don't confuse you!

hint: maybe those stakes grow somewhere?

hint2: they are very close to where you need them

give away: they hang on the tree in the vampire area

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    This is a very fun & spooky mission! I'm loving it for all the reasons already mentioned, but I'll add one I don't think anyone's mentioned yet: [U]The dancing folks in the inn/bar! Those river-dancing steps were hilarious and fun to watch! I played this one with my daughter and we laughed for quite awhile at them,
    I am glad you gave comment about dancing!
    Actually, there is some kind of Easter Egg! If you accidently alert some of that dancers but managed to stay hidden here in the house, after short time one of the guards should come here to investigate and if he can not find you, he will begin to dance with them too, ! But this is possible only in case you didn't BJ him before you go in that house where dancers are, because he is one of the guards who is patroling near their house!

Thanks snowcap21! That's all I needed. I didn't know that thing was climbable! And special thanks to Tdbonko & Naks for a super fun mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Naks View Post
    I am glad you gave comment about dancing!
    Actually, there is some kind of Easter Egg! If you accidently alert some of that dancers but managed to stay hidden here in the house, after short time one of the guards should come here to investigate and if he can not find you, he will begin to dance with them too, ! But this is possible only in case you didn't BJ him before you go in that house where dancers are, because he is one of the guards who is patroling near their house!
    that's hilarious! i'll have to play it again to see that!

Only just gotten to this one - thought my Athlon 1600 might not handle it, but it's fine.
    Anyhow, I must be an idiot, because nobody else asked this:-
    spoiler:
    How do I get into the locked building where Sava's patrolling? I've tried my picks, sword & various boulders on that door...

Fantastic mission! I think some of the best are when the area & the plot just keep expanding - and into more & more interesting (even unforeseeable) places. Very Creepy And so many great objects & textures (that are new to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Only just gotten to this one - thought my Athlon 1600 might not handle it, but it's fine.
    Anyhow, I must be an idiot, because nobody else asked this:-
    spoiler:
    How do I get into the locked building where Sava's patrolling? I've tried my picks, sword & various boulders on that door...

Fantastic mission! I think some of the best are when the area & the plot just keep expanding - and into more & more interesting (even unforeseeable) places. Very Creepy And so many great objects & textures (that are new to me).
    spoiler:
    There is a key, in the wall near the building.

Thanx, tdbonko - finished now (that was the only place I got stuck).
    My belated congrats on a wonderful mission & THANK-YOU!

Thanks to the authors as well, I really liked this mission. The only thing I did not like was the fact that I repeatedly got stuck near walls and other objects. It took me several tries to get through the already opened fountain, and every time I landed in the water I had an awful time trying to get out of it again.

However, I had some fun with the guards. When I alerted one in the place where the mission begins, I had to knock them all out to stop them from bothering me. When almost all of them were arranged in a nice heap on the ground, one of the last remaining guards strolled by, noticed the enormous heap of his friends there and just said calmly, "I've noticed signs of an intruder!" How clever! Famous last words before meeting the Blackjack...

When I blackjacked the priest near the altar in the church, I tried to search him for valuables, but insted got something brown and large. I dropped it (or tried to, at least), but it floated in the air like a large wooden log suspended in mid-air. I could not pick that up again.

And last but not least... I only had some performance problems when standing before the church, everything else went smooth. I have an Athlon XP running at 1,3 GHz, 256 MB RAM and a Radeon 9550 graphics card.

crash

It seems nobody experienced this.
    I have just entered the house
    spoiler:
    behind the horses, the one where you have to get into by a side window with help of a crate. Well I get into, on the table, open the door on the left and I'm taken back to windows........

Just got round to playing this one.
    Cool mission TDB

Like others, loved the church, owl and the ghost that rushes you.
    Great creepy atmosphere in the abandoned area.
    Got a bit stuck with the tapestry puzzle though and had to read the posts go continue.

One question though? Why did the priest in the bell tower try and attack me while the others weren't bothered by my presence?
    Was it something I said ?!!

Really enjoyed this one.....
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 15th Feb 2008 at 07:22. Reason: Omitted spoiler tags

What a fun FM! Got stuck a little bit, this thread helped. Also, I sure can't play when I am tired. Give it up.
    Love the European flavor of this one. Attention to detail, story line, enjoyed it all. With a few surprises along the way.

I played on normal.
    1316 out of 1496 in loot.
    13049 damage, hah!

Looking forward to the next installment! Thank you.

Now playing and I really enjoy this mission!
    In the tunnel with ghost I could get closer to it and slash with my sword, and there was a sound "clung" like this thing was made from stone after it's gone, I said in the very game-like tradition "what was THAT?!"

It's way too late for me and way to ???
    I'm at the old mill part now, where the waterwheel is running,What's next to do???

I played it last week and got a lot further, but I forgot

Gloria Creep

There is a passage under the mill Gloria.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast