TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T1 Mission: The Storm July 5/06

I'm stuck at 1773 loot too. Where the rest is, i have no idea! There are still some pitch black areas though and upping the gamma doesn't help. The ObjCast lighting is OK now, but the ambient lighting is still far too low. As for making the ceilings dark, you should have used the sky texture for those.

The hardest bit to find was a purse on the rafters of the bedroom opposite the window you enter the house through. There's also a purse on top of the armoire in that room. Other than that, there are 2 purses on guards, a purse on the kitchen servant and the 2 gold nuggets, each worth 100g. in the Hammer vault room, though nobody will have missed those. I believe that's everything that's worth 100g.

Nice work, sir, nice work!

What were the Hammerites up to, by the way?

Shady business?

Those crazy Hammers.

Never could get through the door near the entrance to the hammer church - the metal one straight ahead in the alley back there - got all the loot an everything, so nothing wuz missing and I won ok. Does that door open?

Cool mission btw

Heya

Sorry, that door doesn't open - I made it to "explain" where the AI that show up later in the game might have come from.

Glad you enjoyed it!

J_J

Thanks, J_J. I enjoyed it, too. Those goosey were difficult. I found the ambient light to be near or at zero in version 1.1. Room and light gem were black, but those pesky AI still managed to find me when alerted. Makes for some tense game play. I relieved the tension as follows:

wow

Hey! That's ummm kinda scary!

Good job!

My next mission will have better lighting.

J_J

Nice little mission. I liked the rain effect when outside looking up!
    Keep up the good work J_J cause there are people like me who couldn't make a mission if our lives depended on it!

missing key

Oh, I forgot. Where's key to the second door next to the temple entrance?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    Sorry, that door doesn't open - I made it to "explain" where the AI that show up later in the game might have come from.

Glad you enjoyed it!

J_J
    That answered my question about the door!

Thanks

Hello all,

Thanks for the compliments. My next mission is actually already complete and has been submitted for beta testing. However, Jason seems to be really busy at the moment, probably catching up since the site went down, so we'll have to wait a while longer. As soon as the beta testers have their way with it, it'll be ready for download. It's called "Out for a walk", sorry, no rain, but it's a lot bigger than "The Storm".

See you all soon-

J_J

Never mind XD
    Last edited by Beltzer; 15th Dec 2007 at 09:27.

Finished on Thief in 20 minutes with 1873 of 1873 total loot. The purse up in the rafters took a while but I found it in the end.

I liked that J_J tried create an experience that offers something different from the standard mansion raid. The mission might be rough around the edges, but I appreciate the thought that went into it. The high point was when I realized the Hammerites where breaking into the mansion at the same time as Garrett. The aspect in which the mission could be most improved in is the lighting: Proper ambient light levels and shadows would improve the look of all textures massively.

Jeez, this was the first FM i played

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12