Thread: T2 FM - Portisco Head 15July2006

Clearinghouse
    I have:
    spoiler:
    1. from Eric's footlocker
    2. where cold lava
    3. Chapel

Nice! I find all
    Last edited by clearing; 30th Jul 2006 at 01:59.

What a surprisingly fun mission. There are a lot of reasons not to like it, boring, repetitive architecture, ludicrously obscure secrets required to complete the objectives, so much shadow and so little light that there was practically no challenge at all. And yet it was a hell of a lot of fun. I had to go into Dromed a few times to figure out what to do, but I didn't mind. There were things here that I normally have no patience for but there was a certain something that kept me playing. Can't figure out what it was but it was a great ride. I recommend it highly. Oh, and could this be the largest map ever made for Thief? This thing was HUGE, bigger than any of the City missions in the OMs I suspect.

Backhanded compliments, sure. Sorry about that but it's my opinion.

I know I'm an idiot, but I can't find my way back to the
    spoiler:
    face room
    ... help please.. I have everything else..

K2138

edit: nevermind, I finally got it.. kept walking by on other side of the room. I probably passed it 4-5 times before I slowed down enough to find it again.
    Last edited by Keeper2138; 30th Jul 2006 at 23:57.

I still can't get past the main area... and absolutely do not now where to go...

spoiler:

1. I have eric's statue key
    2. been to face room and killed the 3 haunts but can't get passed the unfrobbable gates at the other end
    3. been to records room, but do not understand where to go...
    4. found also 2 locked gates... behind guard station, but no keys...

I'm really desperate so please no hints anymore, just right on spoilers...

Master Garett:

2. You need to use the 2 rubies on the face to open the unfrobbable gates.

3 & 4. The switches that open those locked gates are on the wall of the guard station. That opens up a big new area.

aha!!! stupid me... must have totally missed that.... many thanks!

Fantastic

Now there is an FM that really deserves applaude
    Much better than Dec-Pers....although you still could've done with a fewer secrets.
    but beautiful FM
    Good Job Raven

I'm having a lot of fun in this one! Thanks
    I have a feeling that I'll have to search in this thread for some help to finish it, but until now I always found a way to continue afer looking around for a while.

I've got most stuff done but stuck

I've got quite a bit done so far. I've placed the ruby eyes and found the hidden treasure but am not sure what to do now. When I opened the chest down below the 4 key room I was given a new objective that isn't very clear as to how to proceed.

spoiler:
    It says to not let Lord Ramsden die and to not let him know about my presence in his mansion. I have no idea how to find him or his mansion. The only structure that I've been to so far that could even be considered close to his mansion is the castle like place that I cleared out much earlier in the mission. I've tried using the map but it's very confusing and I can't seem to match up any locations on it to places that I've actually been to. It's probably because there are multiple levels on the map and the actual map doesn't seen to deal with these. Any help would be appreciated with this one.

It sounds as though you have 2 FMs loaded at the same time! The only objective still to do after finding the treasure should be "Go to Ashcourt".

Do what this post suggests. Then reinstall Portisco and load a previous save. Hopefully that will fix it.

Outstanding Level!! I don't often stop to praise a level, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Not the best looking one out there, but the gameplay is pitch perfect! I loved that it just kept going! Every time I thought I was nearing the end I found a secret door to a whole new area! That's cool! And while nothing was obvious, yet everything was very intuitive - I completed the whole game with all secrets and only 400 shy of the total loot with no help what-so-ever.

Great work, Ravenhook! This is by far your best FM!!

More than Excellent Mission

Many thanks Ravenhook for an outstanding effort!!! As you can see by my profile I've been around awhile and have played many,many fan missions. This is one of the best ............. Thanks to the forum moderators and folks that got us back on line. We "old guys" need that XTRA help!!!!! The Geez

Playing this favourite mission again, but I'm totally stuck here!
    Where's the face room again .....?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria: Look around the room where the bots are.

I finished this the other day, nearly ghosting. The one and only spot where I got busted was in the Museum area with that one hinky guard, as Dafydd so aptly put it. Not I am not totally opposed to guards with hightened sensitivity, but this one was completely over the top. Here are the troubles I had:

1. While waiting quietly, crouched, with totally black light gem, sometimes he would alert spontaneously when a long distance away, and sometimes he would come right up to me and not alert at all.

2. Sometimes an alert would be delayed 20 seconds or so. For example, while waiting at the top of the stairs in a shadow, he would turn and then get all the way to the bottom of the stairs before letting out a yelp.

3. The worst part was after I had successfully ghosted the second floor and was trying to come down, the guard developed a case of super-hyper-sensitivity, for some unknown reason. I had never alerted him. In this state he would alert when I reloaded a quick save where I was standing in the dark, on moss, completely hidden from his view! As you may know, a quickload sometimes invoves a drop from a short distance, and that short drop onto moss set him off. He also alerted with running on carpet, whereas going upstairs was OK.

Well, that did it. I had to BJ the guard just to get out alive. I wished I could have wrung his neck and stomped on him. Such unrealistic sensitivity messes up the game play, in my opinion. I checked with Dafydd, and apparently he did not experience the bizarre sensitivity of alert-on-reload that I did. Even without that particular problem, I would suggest turning down the gain on this guy if you ever release an update. He doesn't play fair.

Other than that, I had a lot of fun playing this one. The secrets and the route finding were nice and challenging. I missed 40 loot and one secret.

Need help with last key!

spoiler:
    OK I have all the body parts statue keys and the head statue key and the ruby from the museum. But I need the body part key that you put on the pedistal that is facing the front altar on the front row (with the torch over it) on the RIGHT side.....I didn't want to say the wrong key so I figured I would describe what I need instead of getting it wrong. Can someone be specific as to where it is? I have been through most everywhere, but feel I have missed it somewhere. Thanks.
    Last edited by webe123; 31st Aug 2006 at 01:50.

spoiler:
    One piece is in the museum office, one piece is in a secret room at the beginning which is foundby taking the left tunnel at the bottom of the long ladder, one is in the "lava" pit, and If I remember right, the other is up on a ledge which is found via a secret tunnel near the chapel

Hope that helps

Thanks ravenhook!

I am really stuck and seem to be going round in circles.
    spoiler:
    I have Eric's key but nothing else. Found the face room and a secret switch but need the ruby's. I have also found the secret switch above the light but can't open the gate to access the ladders - can anybody help?

Sir Lance: The switches to open the 2 gates are on the wall of the guard room close to you.

Thanks ffox. I used them levers before. Didn't realise I closed the gate!!! This is a really fun FM. Need to open that chest
    spoiler:
    in the middle of the laver re Gloria but can't find a key. Help?

Sir Lance: Well, I would go for a swim.

Thanks ffox
    spoiler:
    but I don't get it. The lava in that room kills you. The only thing I can think of you mean is down the well and in the room where the riddle says the key is in your spirit but I don't understand what it means.

Sir Lance: Warning - big spoilers!
    spoiler:
    From the top of the elevator head south as far as you can and dive into the well in the room on the right. Keep going until you come to the room with a tower in it. Open the secret door, climb the stairs and cross the beam to the room with the second tower. The key is suspended in the magic particles.

Thanks ffox.
    spoiler:
    [/I went there before and dived into the particles but never saw the key just stars as I hit the ground!!! Misson complete
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 2nd Sep 2006 at 09:57.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast