TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491419202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Your Name @Trioptimum.com Part Deux !!! (Read the 1st post.)

Hello from the new year! Latest requests processed:
    2:Tron:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    3:TrueNeutral:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    4:EvGenius:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    5:TrueNeutralEvGen:ACTION_SUCCEEDED

-Frost

Latest requests processed:

Callum.B@trioptimum.com:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    t.stallsmith96@trioptimum.com:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    timrees@trioptimum.com:ACTION_SUCCEEDED

-Frost

Wow, it's been since March already. Apologies about that! Latest requests processed:

nickpietersen:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    AlexandreCardinale:ACTION_SUCCEEDED

-Frost

Hi, is there any way I can get my old email back? Gmail says "unrecognized device" and says it sent a verification number to the same email I'm trying to access. It's abraxas@trioptimum.com

after 15 years I've hit a snag:
    I want to purchase a Pixel Pass and new Pixel, but Google won't accept my hosted gmail address; I don't want to lose my history (and linked sign-ins, and youtube library, and apps, etc) by having to make a new @gmail account, but don't see any other options

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    after 15 years I've hit a snag:
    I want to purchase a Pixel Pass and new Pixel, but Google won't accept my hosted gmail address; I don't want to lose my history (and linked sign-ins, and youtube library, and apps, etc) by having to make a new @gmail account, but don't see any other options
    Strange, as I've used a Gapps account for an android phone forever.

Anyways, you could always forward your Gmail address to your Triop address for day-to-day use.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     * crtxreavr at trioptimum dot com
     */

Happy early new year... sorry for the delay again. Started a new job recently so I have been very occupied.

Latest accounts processed:
    Jadefalke:ACTION_SUCCEEDED
    maszlasz:ACTION_SUCCEEDED

-Frost

I heard a news that the free tier Google Workspace (which is used for hosting the email addresses for trioptimum.com) is going to be removed around May 2022. Only the paid option will be left.
    Now, I'm actually using my email on that domain really actively and would hate to loose it.
    Is there any plans about migrating it somewhere?
    I could help with it if needed, but something should be done about it.
    Proof: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2855120?hl=en
    Last edited by Evengard; 20th Jan 2022 at 07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Evengard View Post
    I heard a news that the free tier Google Workspace (which is used for hosting the email addresses for trioptimum.com) is going to be removed around May 2022. Only the paid option will be left.
    Now, I'm actually using my email on that domain really actively and would hate to loose it.
    Is there any plans about migrating it somewhere?
    I could help with it if needed, but something should be done about it.
    Proof: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2855120?hl=en
    Second that! I've been using my trioptimum email for literally everything since 2008...
    There is a free tier - Google Workspace For Nonprofits. Maybe admins could apply for that - while not any formal organization, we're just a bunch of random people using them for private purposes.
    ZX6R? any ideas?

Cheers and thanks for your effort!

So. . . here's what I know. . . not much.

I've seen the articles about the "G Suite legacy free edition" coming to an end, and also about how the admins of those using this service received noticed on January 19th.

Issue is, I received no such notice.

When I applied for and got this "Gmail Hosted" domain (that's what they called it back then), it was in beta. I don't know if we fall into a special category, or what.

I will update everyone when I know more.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     * crtxreavr at trioptimum dot com
     */

Surprisingly enough (I also set it up for my personal domain - the fun thing is that my personal domain is "trioptimum.ru" xD) I didn't got the notice either. Although, I think it's because we didn't end up in the first batch, and we will still receive it later... Or they will just shut it down without warning... Anyway, I plan not to risk, so I'm researching about migration possibilities too.
    The most appropriate seems to migrate the mail system elsewhere, and switch all other Google based services, tied to GSuite/Google Workspace, to Cloud Identity Free tier. This way we can apparently preserve Google Play purchases, tied to the said account, and Google Drive too (along with any other Google services, except GMail and Google Calendar). Still, there is the question of email migration.

The support page detailing the shutdown has quietly been updated (for some reason, Google is not making a big deal of the changes yet). First, if (and only if) you're signed in with a free G Suite account, you'll see a link to this survey, which is aimed at free G Suite admins with 10 users or fewer using the service for "non-business" purposes. Google says users filling out the survey will receive "updates on more options for your non-business legacy account in the coming months." It's a sign that Google had no idea how many people this change would affect, and now, the company wants to hear from you.
    more: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...free-accounts/

a couple more articles about upcoming changes to Workspaces:
    User tracking will be On by default: https://gizmodo.com/googles-found-a-new-way-to-track-workspace-users-1848466123
    Gmail sidebars are getting shuffled: https://gizmodo.com/gmail-is-getting...ove-1848459370

Hello, I can't login anymore to my address: judicator AT trioptimum.com, I went through the process of reactivating it, apparently it went through but still I can't log in into the account, it says it's been deleted.

I log in every day through Thunderbird but is has been deleted regardless, can it be recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Judicator View Post
    I log in every day through Thunderbird but is has been deleted regardless, can it be recovered?
    You have a copy in Thunderbird? Did you use IMAP or POP3 to log in? If IMAP, create a local folder in TB and copy all your mail folders to that folder. When your account is being re-activated you could copy all your folders and messages back to the server. If you don't do it now the next time you log in all messages would be destroyed.

Any news about the possible migration? Or we should start migrating our mails away from trioptimum.com? =(

Well, I just received a "Test message" from Cortex Reaver (apparently). I hope the actual message didn't got lost in limbo xD

Hi, I use the 2 accounts I have at Trioptimum every day but today I noticed they were removed from my Gmail app. On attempting to login I get the message:
    “This account was recently deleted & may be recoverable. Click next to restore this account.”

On clicking next I get the message:
    “Couldn’t sign you in. Contact your domain admin for help”

What happened? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Evengard View Post
    Well, I just received a "Test message" from Cortex Reaver (apparently). I hope the actual message didn't got lost in limbo xD
    Got this Test message too. I really hope the email adress will not be deleted. It's the only email that I use

It's not cool that someone may decide your email is not needed and remove it. Everything is linked to my trioptimum email, it would be a disaster if I lose access to it.

SShock2.com

Also got the test message. It's not the only e-mail I use, but it's damn important and it would be a serious nuisance if it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Running_Wild View Post
    What happened? Please help!
    Any luck?

No, it requires ZX6R’s intervention.

Hi all, to be clear, while I am one of the administrators of the Google domain, Cortex Reaver is still the owner of everything, so the plan going forward will be best left to him to explain. We've discussed a bit behind the scene about options but I am catching up with him again so that we can hopefully get a clear answer to everyone, because I know this is a big issue for a lot of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Running_Wild View Post
    No, it requires ZX6R’s intervention.
    Please check your PMs / emails, I've sent you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Valet2 View Post
    Any luck?
    Yes, thanks to ZX6R's quick action I was able to reactivate both accounts I use.

One interesting note for phone & tablet users : I normally use the official Gmail app to access my account. For whatever reason, Gmail doesn't seem to count their own app as a sign-in, leading to it thinking I hadn't in a year (according to ZX6R), leading to the deletion for inactivity. Maybe that should be taken as a tip : Sign in manually from another browser or device periodically to ensure this same thing doesn’t happen to you.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491419202122232425 LastLast