TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526

Thread: Your Name @Trioptimum.com Part Deux !!! (Read the 1st post.)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Wow, that's extreme. Sorry to hear it! Knowing how serious the collateral damage can actually get for the users, I feel like the very least Google shoud've done is contacting each of us and offer assistance.
    If Google is indeed treating the @trioptimum.com user group as a business, then I expect they will offer no assistance whatsoever to individual users. They would, at best, contact cortex and tell him to contact us (unlikely). More likely, they will ignore us because they can't determine whether we are scammers trying to gain access to a business' data.

My work uses a Google mail solution, and if you leave the company you lose all access... by design, for reasons of company security.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arcy View Post
    CortexReaver sent us multiple warnings that this was going to happen. So I transferred everything that I could remember being registered with the @trioptimum.com address to a new e-mail address.

I don't know if it would actually be possible to have kept this working; apparently the number of users being over 10 was an issue. But we managed to keep our @ttlg.com accounts, which are also hosted by Google, and I'm sure that there's more than 10 of us using it.

I didn't actually get any warnings. (This is probably the one time I was invited to something where they had to bother you by bothering me to bother investigating my deleted email.

I have since sent support message here on the Forum which I rarely come to sorry I know how you miss me and the email came back but it's not and then I was able to log on whereas before) my account was deleted and now I don't know what to do I want to go back to bed after bonging more beer, but I'm getting old, I can just drink it.

I'll keep looking into this for the next little while because I kind of needed to work and then if it doesn't I don't know what I'll do.

Sorry if that isn't clear. Many such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherRick View Post
    If Google is indeed treating the @trioptimum.com user group as a business, then I expect they will offer no assistance whatsoever to individual users. They would, at best, contact cortex and tell him to contact us (unlikely). More likely, they will ignore us because they can't determine whether we are scammers trying to gain access to a business' data.

My work uses a Google mail solution, and if you leave the company you lose all access... by design, for reasons of company security.
    You're probably right. Can't say I ever bothered trying to learn the details of this seemingly "free" account offer.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526