TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 FM Pereira´s Mansion 24/08/06

Excuse me friends, but how do I
    spoiler:
    get over the ditch in the passage leading
    to the Horn room?
    Last edited by Angelot; 27th Apr 2007 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelot View Post
    Excuse me friends, but how do I
    spoiler:
    get over the ditch in the passage leading
    to the Horn room?
    i presume you mean the secret passage in the bottles room, in order to open in you have to:
    spoiler:
    find 5 switchs to open the secret door(do not confund them with light switchs)look in pedro´s room for a hidden button that will reveal the switchs locations

Good luck

Thanks you very much but I have already come in the catacombs, and I have opened the first gate of the corridor to go to the room where the horn is, and my question is: how do I get over the ditch in the corridor? through a simple jump with run I don't succeed there. And I don't have a speed potion.

Angelo
    (moderator of the Thief-Italy official forum)
    Last edited by Angelot; 27th Apr 2007 at 05:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelot View Post
    Thanks you very much but I have already come in the catacombs, and I have opened the first gate of the corridor to go to the room where the horn is, and my question is: how do I get over the ditch in the corridor? through a simple jump with run I don't succeed there. And I don't have a speed potion.

Angelo
    (moderator of the Thief-Italy official forum)
    ok, i know what do you mean, in the first hole you need to jump, but you have to perform a good jump, try to jump only when you reach the edge of the floor,or try to jump before you reach the edge so Garret can reach the edge of the other side by climbing, as for the second hole you will need a rope arrow, there´s a beam on the ceiling.

good luck

Ok, now I have ended the mission. Thanks a lot!

attic

I can't even get into the room with the ladder for the attic. Where's the taffing key?

Nevermind. I searched this thread for "attic", but still didn't find the relevant spoiler until I went through manually.

"Pereira´s Mansion" for T2 updated with new dark 21/6/13

Hi Taffers, it is with proud that i introduced you a new version of "Pereira´s Mansion" updated with New Dark, here´s a link to download it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9b...ew?usp=sharing

New changes:

- New gameplay
    - New paintings
    - Design architecture improvements
    - New Ambient musics
    - New ilumination
    - other fixes

Enjoy
    Last edited by Cardia; 6th Oct 2014 at 13:57.

Unfortunately the link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Unfortunately the link is broken.
    Try now.

Hmmm The NewDark version that you posted on june 21 last year had better support for german... definetly.
    It's still available here http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...tail.php?id=34
    German folks won't enjoy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Hmmm The NewDark version that you posted on june 21 last year had better support for german... definetly.
    It's still available here http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...tail.php?id=34
    German folks won't enjoy this one.
    Actually it seems that it is exactly that version, at least the .mis-files are that old. So probably cardia just posted the release of the "old" updates from 2013. I already asked myself how it would be possible to do so many updates in such a short time and came to the conclusion that not many things were actually changed in his missions (at least I couldn´t see a lot of differences when I compared the Old Dark versions with the new ones - nearly all files in all the FM.zip-archives were nearly unchanged, sometimes some new sounds etc.). So always nice to play FMs again, but I am still not a fan of updated missions just for the cause of NewDark. Totally new FMs seem always to be worth more time to invest. But thats probably only my opinion. And thats not a critique but more a "sorry for Cardia and his invested time", as the resonance and discussions on the forums on updates in general always seem to be quite low and I would assume that only a few players really play these updates.

It´s like in RL: better look in the future than in the past

This updated is from 2013, Florian some of my missions suffered a radical change, "Citadel of Douro" and "Broken Heart" have new gameplay, new sounds, new dark to improve light and water quality among other architecture major changes i made since new dark allow new liberties. Some players like i replay missions to play in a different difficult mode or just to be in the nostalgia Mood, also there are new players that will play my missions for the first time. "Pereira´s Mansion " for example has suffered many changes, architecture fixes and modifications, new paintings, new atmosphere, new musics, and the improve of light and water quality. Some artists prefer never to look again to their previous productions, because they know they will find some things that after a closer look they could have been changed , fixed and improved.

It was New Dark essentially that was the main strong reason for me to to this new updates....because i knew i could do new major changes for a better game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    This updated is from 2013, Florian some of my missions suffered a radical change, "Citadel of Douro" and "Broken Heart" have new gameplay, new sounds, new dark to improve light and water quality among other architecture major changes i made since new dark allow new liberties. Some players like i replay missions to play in a different difficult mode or just to be in the nostalgia Mood, also there are new players that will play my missions for the first time. "Pereira´s Mansion " for example has suffered many changes, architecture fixes and modifications, new paintings, new atmosphere, new musics, and the improve of light and water quality. Some artists prefer never to look again to their previous productions, because they know they will find some things that after a closer look they could have been changed , fixed and improved.

It was New Dark essentially that was the main strong reason for me to to this new updates....because i knew i could do new major changes for a better game experience.
    Yes I know and I really didn´t want to downgrade your effort. I just had the feeling that your updates of the last two weeks were done a little bit in a hurry and hadn´t really any noticeable improvements for those players that already played your artworks (which were already good enough in their "old" form). It would have been great if the issues of the textures with Darkloader etc were solved (like similar textures that do not overwrite correctly etc. - the more technically inclined know what I mean, it´s hard to explain actually). E.g. I really like to play missions with the new mods (Necro Age or HDMOD or EP) but even with FMSel this is not really possible because a lot of textures will then be stretched etc. so it doesn´t look as good as if an FM is already set for these Mods but this would certainly have been a far greater effort. I noticed these problems especially for recent updated missions by Darthslair, GORT and yours. In nicked's newest FM Death´s Turbid Veil this works perfectly for example, without any noticeable bad texture replacements. Therefore I always hoped that New dark updated FMs consider these new mods as well - but so I always have to deactivate them which is sad.

But nevertheless: please don´t bother further with this or more updates and bring us many more new artworks (FMs) instead, which I would be really fond of

Floria, my missions update were not done in a hurry, the first 5 mission took me more time to update because they were created in a time i was still very green to Dromed, the last missions nearly needed an updated, not no mention they were already updated once or twice. These missions will no longer suffer updates, and worry not i´m working on a new project, although m y dedication to dromed and inspiration are not so sharp as before, maybe when real life becomes better i will feel comfortable again to dedicated with high intensity to dromed. Enhanced patches are just a new visual experience for the original thieves and new missions that use original thief textures, because many players are tired of seeing the ame textures, but unfortently this enhanced patchs will disable any new edited thief textures by the authors, i for once use alot of edited thierf 2 textures, and for my missions its crucial that players can view the new paintings , because they have a important role to complete the atmosphere and also as clues for puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by CatAnita View Post
    There is no order, as far was I could work out.

spoiler:
    Just running through them to make sure you got the correct ones -
    1. The hidden switch behind the banner in the foyer
    2. The lever in the loft - only accessible by roping up to a beam
    3. The lever next to the bookcase, under the chair in the sitting room
    4. The lever above the larder - you need to rope up to it because it's kinda over the door
    5. The lever in the gear room with all the shelves - again you need to rope up and it's on the top shelf.

WHAT IS A "LARDER"?????? (see #4) Can some one explain what they are talking about???? Over what door???

EDIT: Never mind Looked up the definition of a larder...it is a PANTRY! Good grief!
    Last edited by meyou123; 1st Jan 2017 at 11:39.

when i first made that mission i didn't know how to say pantry, so i picked my dictionary and the first meaning that appeared was larder. Its been 10 years since i made that mission and luckily my English is way much better than those times.

Mission has been updated to V1.5 ( 15-01-2020) :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHJ...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Cardia; 15th Jan 2020 at 09:30.

LoL I had to do the same thing "What is a Larder!?" Is that Jorge's ghost up in the Attic? Took me longer than it should have, couldn't find the switch for the music room key forever.

Time Taken: 1hr 4min
    Loot: 2070/2420
    Pockets Picked: 1/1
    Secrets: 0/0

Thank you for playing it! A "larder" it's what you can call a "pantry", the room where you can store your food. yes Jorge's ghost is the one in the attic

To be strictly correct a larder is a small room with no windows (but vent for fresh air) in a cool corner of the kitchen area where you store fresh produce ie milk, meat, game, vegetables, (in the days before electricity and fridges of course) whereas a pantry is where you store pots and pans and other non perishable items, ie jams, kitchen equipment, plates, bowls etc, but such distinctions could only be made in larger mansions, most people would only have one kitchen storage room so everything would get thrown in there, both fresh produce and non perishables, which explains why the words became easily interchangeable.

Pantry’s can also refer to larger rooms next to the kitchen where most of the preparation work is done by the junior kitchen staff, as well as the washing up and other less skilled work, these pantry’s could also be where most of the storage of pots and pans etc would be.
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th Jan 2022 at 15:32.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345