TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Open Beta of Dark Messiah Multiplayer

Open Beta of Dark Messiah Multiplayer

via Blues News

Ubisoft announces plans to launch the multiplayer open beta for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic tomorrow at Noon Eastern time, though the details they promise on the official Might & Magic website currently consist of a less than helpful "coming soon." Here's word:
    SAN FRANCISCO- August 28th, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic™ multiplayer open beta will begin on Tuesday, August 29 at 9 a.m. (PDT), with details available on the official Might & Magic® website at www.mightandmagic.com.

Developed by a seasoned team at Kuju Entertainment, the open beta gives players a first taste of the revolutionary Crusade mode on the human map of Vradeck’s Crossing. The open beta also includes all character classes, skills, weapons and spells for a genuine multiplayer experience. Approximately 100,000 players will be able to participate in this final test before the release of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
    It'd be nice to get a few TTLGers in this Beta and have a few games

I suck at this. PDT? That's Pacific right? So -8 hours from GMT means -17 hours from me so 9am Tuesday is actually 2am Wednesday for me which means I'll miss out.

Anyone know how it's going to operate? Will it be specific keys? Or what?

Can someone snag me one?

Sure, I'll try and register myself.

May or may not be an open beta at all. Once again via Blues News
    The Might and Magic Website says CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BETA, suggesting in all caps that the promised (story) open beta for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is underway. Following that link, however, provides two revelations. One is that the launch of the beta is delayed until Noon Eastern time tomorrow. The other is that this is not actually an open beta: it is being conducted exclusively on GameSpot, it is only for their paid members, and even then it is not open, as they are only admitting the first 5,000 applicants into the test. There is a timer counting down to their rescheduled launch.
    Bummer

Maybe the GameSpot peeps are getting the first 5k places and then it'll be opened up to regular people.

And I am one of the gamestop peeps with the first five-thousands places - was afraid I'd miss it (was an hour and a half late) but I guess demand isn't that high.

I'd be nice and give someone my code but I think it may be linked to my account or something.

Yes, you can only use the code once.

I've been playing the beta, it's pretty fun

I can't play it. My computer crashes at the load screen or right before the menu, and if I can get into a game it's ridiculously slow. Wtf, the demo played fine for me (even though it was the non-steam version - perhaps this game isn't optimized enough for steam!).

Is this Beta still active?