TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819242934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: Real life... association with Thief

...and some fancy housing in the more wealthy quarters...

(this one's under reconstruction )

(RW : all images are from the old town in Levoča; the fourth and fifth picture shows the well preserved house of the Thurzo noble family on main square, built in typical Renaissance style)

Clearinghouse
    Nice photos, thanks a lot for showing, Petike the Taffer

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Nice photos, thanks a lot for showing, Petike the Taffer
    To quote Garrett :
    "And there's more..."

Coming soon...

Tsk, tsk.
    I could do the same with approx. 60% of the buildings in Budapest Budapest could be one hell of a steampunk city, especially if one could destroy the blocks of flats built under the communist régime.
    Hey, maybe I shall. Take photos, I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett View Post
    Tsk, tsk.
    I could do the same with approx. 60% of the buildings in Budapest Budapest could be one hell of a steampunk city, especially if one could destroy the blocks of flats built under the communist régime.
    Hey, maybe I shall. Take photos, I mean
    I agree. To be honest, any "historically enough" city would be fine for taking some interesting Thief-like photos. But I like variety, so...

Some of the mansions and manors of The City

Main and inner gate to Lord Bafford's Manor ? Who knows...

(RW : The gates of the old city castle in Nitra)

Courtyard of one of the many manors...

(RW : the same castle once more)

A side wing of the mansion from TMA and it's backyard

(RW : Buildings at the periphery of the old town in Košice, housing some of the local museum's collections. Located behind the "Hangman's bastion". The yard in front of them is walled off by one of the last remaining sections of the former city ramparts.)

Captain Moira's study in the Overlook Manor

As you can see, Garrett already stole his lucky coin...

(RW : The council room of the old Renaissance town hall in the medieval core of Levoča)
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 1st Jan 2009 at 14:32.

Very good photos Petike the Taffer.
    The Moira Study one is excellent, and also the Walled Section of Old Quarter, I can just imagine the zombie groans coming from behind it

The 'Keleti' in Budapest, meaning 'Eastern Railwaystation'. One of my favourite buildings... And it's huge. It could easily be a Mechanist factory

This is the Museum of Industrial Arts.

Could be some palaces in posh Auldale (otherwise they are palaces right on the shores of the Danube)

And the Royal Castle, Palace and Fortress of Buda - it would be just the thing for the Baron to live in, huh?

And finally, maybe the wizard towers... In deed they are but part of the Palace of Buda, and are called the Fishermen's Bastion

The 'Keleti' in Budapest, meaning 'Eastern Railwaystation'. One of my favourite buildings... And it's huge. It could easily be a Mechanist factory
    Nice photos. Although I already visited several parts of Hungary during the years, I haven't visited the capital yet, so I'm really not too familiar with it...

Well, "Keleti" only means "Eastern". "Eastern Railway Station" would be "Keleti Vasútállomás"

And finally, maybe the wizard towers... In deed they are but part of the Palace of Buda, and are called the Fishermen's Bastion
    Whoa... Is that really the Halász Bástya ?! Never seen it from that angle... It's usualy photographed from the side facing the Danube, while this photo apparently shows the other one. Interesting.

P.S. I suppose you either live in Budapest or really love it.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post
    Reminds me The Night Watch, mission 2: Elicitation by Fidcal (where puzzle with the gas cloud under the dome covering the book)

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Reminds me The Night Watch, mission 2: Elicitation by Fidcal (where puzzle with the gas cloud under the dome covering the book)
    LOL, I've even hit FM territory with this one ! Thanks. Merry Christmas.

Well, "Keleti" only means "Eastern". "Eastern Railway Station" would be "Keleti Vasútállomás"

Whoa... Is that really the Halász Bástya ?! Never seen it from that angle... It's usualy photographed from the side facing the Danube, while this photo apparently shows the other one. Interesting.

P.S. I suppose you either live in Budapest or really love it.
    Aye, Keleti truly means but 'Eastern'. Sorry for my typo... But its offical name be 'Keleti Pályaudvar'
    That indeed be the Halászbástya, and the northern half of it at that. It has twain parts that jut out from the general line, the northern and the southern 'corner', and 'twas a'photo-ed from the southern "bastion".

I live in Budapest, and I hate it. 'Tis a hate-hate relationship, really. Although I couldn't imagine me living anywhere else. 'Tis like unto Ankh-Morpork, and I am proud of that

Haunted house from the first mission of T2X

author's page

Clearinghouse
    Красиво, Yara

Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    Haunted house from the first mission of T2X

To quote Keanu Reeves : "Whoooaaa !"

Stonemarket from TDS or the marketplace from "Ambush !" in TMA

(RW : Dominican Square in Old Town, Košice - the Dominican church, the oldest one in the city, visible in the background)
    Wow :| It looks absolutely identical to the Marketplace from Ambush (at least, from what I remember of it), I wouldn't be surprised if they got inspiration from there o.o Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by addone View Post
    Wow :| It looks absolutely identical to the Marketplace from Ambush (at least, from what I remember of it), I wouldn't be surprised if they got inspiration from there o.o Nice find!
    Not found... As I already said, all of the photos are my own. But I guess you meant "found on your hard drive". Yeah, that fits the bill.

Thanks. This is one of the most Thief-resembling photos I have...
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 5th Jan 2009 at 15:29.

By the Builder ! Hammerites commin' atcha !

St. Edgar's Cathedral in Stonemarket

(RW : St. Elisabeth's Cathedral, Košice - probably the easternmost Gothic cathedral in Europe; the biggest and one of the most iconic structures of it's kind here in Slovakia; construction began around the middle of the 14. century and ended in 1508, with some parts (like the lower, Southern Tower) never being fully completed; the roof of the taller Northern Tower was completely refurbished in the 18. century, after lightning damaged the original, Late Gothic one; the whole cathedral and it's surroundings undervent massive restoration works in the 1990s, due to years of neglected regular maintenance).

Hammerite machinery from the factory section of St. Edgar's

(RW : the atrium of the Slovak Museum of Technology, Košice)

Statue of Brother Archibald, famed Master Forger from centuries ago...

(RW : statue of a forger/blacksmith in the entrance hall of the Slovak Museum of Technology, Košice)
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 18th Jul 2009 at 06:01.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered

Two rooms in Ramirez house......or it was Bafford's manor?

San Giusto Castle, Trieste - Italy

More wacky Hammerite goodness !

Random townhouse spire with the Hammerite symbol !

(RW : the small roof tower of the "Bistro", an old restaraunt and shops building from the interwar period, main street in Michalovce)

Drept's office in Auldale...

...with a statue of the Builder...

(RW : some old house or administrative building in the old town in Nitra; the statue is probably the Greek god Atlas, but according to a local folk tale, it shows a heroic citizen of the city, who defended Nitra from the Turks some time in the 16th or 17th century; the statue's nickname is taken directly from that tale : Corgoň - "Stumblebum")

Tombs of noblemen or hammerites in the Bonehoard or Fort Ironwood

(RW : tombstones of noblemen; the first one is placed nowadays on the outer wall of Urban's Tower in Košice (apparently for display and preservation); the second one lies at one of the outer corners of St. Martin's Cathedral, Bratislava)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Two rooms in Ramirez house......or it was Bafford's manor? San Giusto Castle, Trieste - Italy
    Nice ! Very convincing !
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 5th Jan 2015 at 23:21.

Clearinghouse
    Spire with Hammerite symbol Nice

The Haunted Cathedral... during daylight !

(RW : St. Martin's Cathedral in Spišské Podhradie, one of the oldest large cathedrals in Slovakia (12th/13th century), a nice blend of both Romanesque and Early Gothic style)

Inside... Hm... The altar is in its place, but... where's the Eye ? And... what's that sound ? Join usss, join usss, join usss nooowww !!!

(RW : the main altar of the same place)

Time to run to the cloister section !

(RW : side entrance of St. Martin's Cathedral - but this time, the other one in Bratislava )
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 5th Jan 2015 at 23:16.

And finally, some Mechanist stuff :

Mechanist Viktrolas !

(RW : sound-recording technology displays, Slovak Museum of Technology, Košice)

Mettalic angel statue

(RW : an interesting thingie I found hanging above one of the minor streets in the old town in Košice; dunno who made it and for what purpose...)

Mechanists converting a former Hammerite church for their own dastardly needs...

(RW : the main square of the old medieval core of Levoča; the building on the left is the Renaissance town hall; St. James' Church can be seen on the right, undergoing restoration works on its tower at the time (summer 2006))
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 5th Jan 2015 at 23:11.

Clearinghouse
    Augsburg, Germany.

Today I stumbled over the site www.schattenlose.de which impresses me with its photography of decayed architecture. Mostly industrial architecture, but there are also nice series of an old sanatory (Beelitz Heilstätten-Teil 2 under "Profan-Architektur") and a very thief like cellar (Lavakeller in Mending under "Wehr-Architektur/Untergrund-Architektur"). Have a look under "Fotographie", if you're interested.

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819242934394449 ... LastLast