TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: Real life... association with Thief

*wimpers...*

here are some photos by a friend of mine, more on his website

Clearinghouse
    Very good photos

The last one is a memorial of the Mechanist Drill

The 1960s in the thief world sounds nuts...

BANNED

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    What of this? You had posted that on the eidos forum before and I didn't understand then either the connexion between Thief and Grendel.

jtr7
    Chaos beast? If so, what animal has been made humanoid? Or is it a connection to the unused two-headed ogre/ettin concept?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett View Post
    What of this? You had posted that on the eidos forum before and I didn't understand then either the connexion between Thief and Grendel.
    Please leave out for a moment the fact that is Grendel, and look the designed creature: it could fit in a Pagan world.

found this long time ago on the internet

Beautiful. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed II. (game takes place in italy during renaissance period.)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Chaos beast? If so, what animal has been made humanoid? Or is it a connection to the unused two-headed ogre/ettin concept?
    Monkey beasts, for example?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Beautiful. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed II. (game takes place in italy during renaissance period.)
    Yes, this is Venice! I know that canal. I live 100 kms from there, I'm Venetian (by region, not by city). Maybe it was one of the reasons I like Thief so much.
    I have always though that Thief has more than something of my chief town.

I felt offended by Assassin's Creed 2, more than other for that few credibility: that Leonardo flying engine was tested, and it's impossible to fly with it. But maybe it's my problem,since I don't know to go far with fantasy, I am more science-oriented.

Visit Venice with your eyes, and you'll not regret it!! In any period of the year (just be aware that in summer there's stink between the canal, due to bacterias that decomposes the algas, powered by the warm-moist clima).

Clearinghouse
    Thief?

BANNED
    It's you, admit it!

I can see you... check your light gem.

Clearinghouse

BANNED
    I can't believe it. I am watching Star Wars - The Return Of The Jedi, and...

That's where they drew... The images speaks on their own.

So, like, what? Ewoks don't eat plumsies. As for the wooden houses atop the trees: sooner or later they turn up in every movie which has people living in a forest in it Robin Hood the Prince of Thieves, for instance, has a whole city in Sherwood forest.

Oh yeah, and the Elven guys in Laurelindórinan

BANNED
    So, like, what? Ewoks don't eat plumsies. As for the wooden houses atop the trees: sooner or later they turn up in every movie which has people living in a forest in it Robin Hood the Prince of Thieves, for instance, has a whole city in Sherwood forest.
    With bridges and catwalks on the trees?

Oh yeah, and the Elven guys in Laurelindórinan
    I think that Star Wars were the matrix of all these things, in facts it is the oldest saga that contains such stuffs. In this episode I have seen also that robots firing laser, that could be the parents of the ED-209, and we are in 1983, while Robocop are of 1987 (then all that "emulations" like something on Metal Gear Solid, many modern FPS, and the Child Of Karras of Thief 2, that more than someone in this forum called them "ED-209").

I am sure that Star Wars made great influence on the conception of the Pagans, and when I discovered this, this morning, I rested amazed, and incredulous.

With bridges and catwalks on the trees?
    Yes.

I think that Star Wars were the matrix of all these things, in facts it is the oldest saga that contains such stuffs.
    Read a bit more. Stuff had happened before the 20th century, strange as it might seem.

In this episode I have seen also that robots firing laser, that could be the parents of the ED-209, and we are in 1983, while Robocop are of 1987 (then all that "emulations" like something on Metal Gear Solid, many modern FPS, and the Child Of Karras of Thief 2, that more than someone in this forum called them "ED-209").
    The AT-ST Walkers? Hardly. By the way, AT-STs and At-AT are manned vehicles, not robots.

I am sure that Star Wars made great influence on the conception of the Pagans, and when I discovered this, this morning, I rested amazed, and incredulous.
    I think not. Just because Ewoks look like rascally plumise-takers, it doesn't mean Pagans were inspired by them.
    In DP, Pagans are evil, not at all cute plushie bears. And, hah, Ewoks revere machinery, they consider C3PO some sort of deity. So again, no.

BANNED
    Read a bit more. Stuff had happened before the 20th century, strange as it might seem.
    Huh?

The AT-ST Walkers? Hardly. By the way, AT-STs and At-AT are manned vehicles, not robots.
    Yes, but the shape and the movement are that.

In DP, Pagans are evil, not at all cute plushie bears. And, hah, Ewoks revere machinery, they consider C3PO some sort of deity. So again, no.
    Wot?? the bronze one, not the C3PO

Wot?? the bronze one, not the C3PO

BANNED
    What?? You were right!! How can I forget the name just after having seen all the serie? I confuse them because of all those numbers. Shame on me!

Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833384348 ... LastLast