TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333843444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1317

Thread: Real life... association with Thief

Explorer Tactical (scouting orb) is back in the news:

Next month, 100 US police departments will start deploying a new, ball-shaped camera that can be thrown into dangerous areas to scout out life-threatening situations.

The system, dubbed Explorer Tactical, is a camera contained in a rubberized ball the size of a grapefruit, with six recessed lenses feeding data into the system, coupled with 40W LEDs for lighting.

Software mates the six viewpoints into a panoramic view of the environment and feeds it back to an officer's smartphone via an internal Wi-Fi hotspot.

Key to the device is the image-stitching software used to take the feeds from the six lenses and merge them into something useful. The Explorer can build one full 360-degree panorama per second and the internal Wi-Fi can send this back to an Android or iOS device from 60 meters away.

So now there's this which I saw on Facebook, and like no one else on earth except for those of us here, I thought of... well, you guessed it

http://www.facebook.com/denverbotani...3527828954909/

There is also a wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphophallus_titanum

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Some of you might have seen this already; Lars Andersen did it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

I'll try his more natural shooting/aiming approach tomorrow at the club, this is IMHO more fundamental than his (still impressive or downright insane) speed shooting skills.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbqz_07dW4

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Ok, so maybe he's a talented archer and bs artist, BUT... That guy sounded like a Keeper!, so the first vid wins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk (Claus Raasted)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Seen that already, not the appropriate way to criticise IMHO. And I get a little enraged every time someone dismisses all historical images as imprecise. I never got the impression that Lars wanted to correct everyone's view on historical archery, heck, that guy is a LARPer and I have a hard time imagining him as dogmatic. His own reply makes this more or less clear, fortunately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iLTA43MBuA

Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, up in northern Europe is one of the most Thief-like places I've ever been to

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, up in northern Europe is one of the most Thief-like places I've ever been to
    Thiefy for sure and thanks for posting, but you guys will have to forgive me... I think of AC as well. I just love sandboxes

Saw these gorgeous candlesticks at an antique shop today. Unfortunately, they cost about $1000 each

In case someone needs inspiration for some new chests, locks and keys (and much more), have a look at the current Herrmann Historica auction: http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...b=kat71_AW.txt (apparently only a few in this section have English captions, in case of doubt just ask me)

"I've got a simple job planned for this evening..."

Some of my own photos. Taken four years ago in Bardejov.
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 2nd Nov 2015 at 13:40.

I particularly like the 2nd image. I'm pretty sure I spotted some handy woodwork there.

May have already been posted, not sure. I was looking for inspiration and saw that this clock.

It has been posted, but it's nice to see it from other angles.

It'd also be nice to see it when the cuckoo pops out.

I made a trip to Toulouse and Carcassonne a few weeks ago and that was great, not least architecture-wise. Carcassonne is really impressive, despite (or maybe because of?) the Disney-like restoration conducted by Vilolet-le-Duc in the 19th century. The rooftops of the medieval town's houses really invite to traversing them (cf. around 1:50 in the video I found). The city of Toulouse has a lot of nice places as well, including old and quirky half-timbered houses and beautiful churches, some of them mixing different styles.

Drone flight over the medieval town of Carcassone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsIDNYXagHE

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    I made a trip to Toulouse and Carcassonne....
    Thanks for the share! I checked it out in google street view. It's wonderful. I am tempted to do a 1:1 remaking of it for my first release. I just wonder if I have to wall it into sections, or can I get away with looking at all the rooftops at once. I would compress textures and use newdark LOD on the objects to help. Still I guess I could just do it and if it lags badly I will throw up the blocking walls.

There was another place I was looking at, that would have been on the slant, but like this place; Mont Saint-Michel.

What holds me back is going original in that I like really high building and have a idea for my city to be ancient brick on the bottom, tudor mid, and top being more modern.

I always thought the male "C3PO" servant looked a lot like David Byrne of Talking Heads.

Two photos made by a friend of mine a few years ago. A neglected Classicist style manor house and the ruins of its staff building and storage rooms. Spooky-looking place, but I bet there'd be plenty of rewarding loot on its grounds for any curious taffer.

Quote Originally Posted by bangersnmash View Post
    I always thought the male "C3PO" servant looked a lot like David Byrne of Talking Heads.
    You may not be wrong. I found that a good many of the faces look like famous people. I know some unused skins in TDP was the faces of Angus Macfadyen and Bruce Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post

Two photos made by a friend of mine a few years ago. A neglected Classicist style manor house and the ruins of its staff building and storage rooms. Spooky-looking place, but I bet there'd be plenty of rewarding loot on its grounds for any curious taffer.
    "Flames, flames, nothing but flames all around me...."...

Quote Originally Posted by bangersnmash View Post

It's him!!!!

Reminds me very much of the library in Rocksbourg 3.

Litemush lamps

Hamilton Church, in Ontario, Canada :-D

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333843444546474849505152 ... LastLast