TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM... A Servant's Life by John Denison (05/09/06)

yeah it is a bit disturbing how much like sausages those turds look like...

Anyway, I'm having fantastic fun playing this, it's the funniest FM I've ever played. I hope we can expect more bad-taste slapstick FMs from you in the future John.

Also, a "Don't Kill Anyone" objective doesn't need QVars - just reverse a normal Kill objective and apply it to the human archetype (-14)

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post

Also, a "Don't Kill Anyone" objective doesn't need QVars - just reverse a normal Kill objective and apply it to the human archetype (-14)
    Yes, I know.

There won't be any more like this from me. When I really think about it, why is something that is so common everyday worse than seeing zombies, haunts, blood and guts flying everywhere. My answer is that most of us are already conditioned to seeing zombies, etc. but not feces. It's not worse, we just aren't used to it. yet

AHAHA!

I laughed my ass off when

spoiler:
    The guard was burning Mr. Oh Dear in the oven. At first I thought he had crammed him through that tiny hole until I found the back entrance!

Excellent stuff, mate!

Mr. Oh Dear is very stupid. He thinks he can hide from the guard, but they go through the same routine almost every day.

Some of the beta tester felt sorry for the cretin, but no one else on earth would run to a rat, and say "I saw an intruder. Protect me."

What am I supposed to do when I go to the second elevator?

The crazy one?

When he vanishes, he actually jumps off the vator and runs off behind you. So go back where you came from and you should pick up his trail.

What I want to know is, what happened to the john9818a that brought us Bafford's Last Stand and Undead Reckoning??

Sorry but I am just not feeling this FM at all. I don't find it amusing -- its just nasty and peurile.

To be honest with you, I don't think anything you have made since Bafford's has even reached the level of that milestone. I'm not talking about technical details -- those have only improved to my eyes. I am just talking about overall "fun factor" and the theiving/adventuring experience.

I thought Living Nightmare was the start of a comeback but now we have this FM which just causes me to scratch my head.

Hey John,

I figured out what I was doing. I was looking at miss 37 in dromed and not miss 34. I was able to make the don't kill objective optional. You didn't hide a sword anywhere in this mission did ya? The interior of the mansion is wonderful. I haven't seen any other mansions like this one.

Yeah! I'm digging this dromed thing. I just figured out how to give myself a sword when starting the mission. I created a sword in dromed and linked it to the starting point. Now I can get those guards, if I want to. Thanks John. From your objectives on Living Nightmare and Servant' Life, I have learned quite a bit about dromed. I don't think that I would ever attempt to create a mission though, just alter them a tiny bit.

I think next time I will put a firestim on carrying the sword whether it is in the FM or not.

Holy sh....

Disgusting but..absolutly wonderful mission

I had 104 pieces of poo. Would have had 105 but I accidently *used* one. Yuuuckkkk!

hm, stuck...

I've gotten into the lord's bedroom, the captain's room and attic, the room belonging to the girl with the medicine, and the rrom with the tiny man's cage (what is the deal with that, anyway?)...

There seems to be another story up (more attics?) and a basement, but I can't get to either of them. What am I missing?

Well the attic is pretty much all that you have seen so far. Have you been to the other downstairs rooms: dining room, living room, gallery, game room, sitting room?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Well the attic is pretty much all that you have seen so far. Have you been to the other downstairs rooms: dining room, living room, gallery, game room, sitting room?
    yeah, I didn't mention those because it was obvious I had been there - at least, in my own head

I realized what I had forgotten:
    spoiler:
    the butler's key opens the silver door by the entrance!

John 9818, I just like to have the option if a situation arrises to use a sword. I like to play the mission the way the author intended and I do until let's say I get spotted and I've already gotten so far in the level. The guard is trying to kill me and I have no way to defend myself. That's the ONLY time that I like to have the option to kill with a sword.

cavador_8, you know, that there already is a powerfull weapon in the mission, which, when used properly, even when you kill somebody, it doesn't break a "don't kill" objective, don't you?

spoiler:
    Examine the carriages in the mission.

SinisterShadow, didn't know that. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I had 104 pieces of poo. Would have had 105 but I accidently *used* one. Yuuuckkkk!
    104! Dang! Did you hope to cash them in at the end? Or perhaps build one nasty huge fire?

Not sure on something

spoiler:
    I've completed the setting Mr. Oh Dear free and now want to go back and do the other objectives. What I need to know is this: Is the Torture guy marked as such or just another unconcious body? Same goes for the lord of the manner and his wife. And on the objective where you have to place the guard in the 'thinking tank', what exactly is that? Is that the same as the cess pool or is it something else.... and is it marked or do I just need to keep dropping him in different things until I get it right?

Oh, and be careful near the broken elevator. I went back up there and heard a woman so I jumped up onto the wall close to the elevator and got stuck in the fence. I could see a woman off in the side area but had no way to get to her to see who she is and since I was hopelessly stuck inside the fence I had to load my last saved position. Do I need to worry about her or is she just there because she's there?

@Mook
    spoiler:
    The manor lord is marked as "Manor lord", but unfortunately the torture guard is not marked in any special way. He is the guy -- how surprising -- that tortures Mr. Oh Dear in the torture room, so check the bodys close to there first. The "thinking tank" is a hole in the ground with a trapdoor, just across from the torture room.

Edit: never mind, found the trail again as soon as I posted.
    Last edited by CatAnita; 9th Sep 2006 at 08:49.

Mook

Occasionally in Thief when an AI is teleported out, they may stop in a random location on their way to the destination. Don't worry about the girl behind the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    YMMV
    I hope that doesn't mean yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    What I want to know is, what happened to the john9818a that brought us Bafford's Last Stand and Undead Reckoning??

Sorry but I am just not feeling this FM at all. I don't find it amusing -- its just nasty and peurile.

To be honest with you, I don't think anything you have made since Bafford's has even reached the level of that milestone. I'm not talking about technical details -- those have only improved to my eyes. I am just talking about overall "fun factor" and the theiving/adventuring experience.

I thought Living Nightmare was the start of a comeback but now we have this FM which just causes me to scratch my head.
    I must have missed this post earlier. I know there's some people that didn't like it. It's very hard to please everyone. If you were walking down the street and you saw a dog poo in a yard, and a zombie walking toward you, which would you find more disturbing?

If anything I hope you at least benefit from knowing the story itself regardless of what the servant's problem is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast