TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM... A Servant's Life by John Denison (05/09/06)

Now, where is the cesspool?
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

When in the basement go to the sewer collection room, which is a circular room with crap falling into it. The first hallway to your right will take you to the cesspool. The next hallway would take you there, but the door it leads you to is locked. There is some hidden loot near the door.

What does this switch do?

spoiler:
    I found a switch in Aliana's room that doesn't seem to do anything. Does it have a purpose or is it just there? I've not noticed any sound of a door opening anywhere after I flip it. I'm at the point where I've done everything except for finding out the identities of the manor lord and his wife and dropping them in the cesspool. I've also been all over the map and can't find any other areas where they might be. I'm hoping that there's a secret I've missed somewhere.

Oops... now I know what the switch does

spoiler:
    Ok, I just figured out what the switch was for. I didn't realize that it was for the camera out in the hallway. But I'm still stuck as to where to find the manor lord and his cheesy, scummy wife.

I must say that I would hate to be in Mr. Oh Dear's shoes. That poor little bastard can't even kill himself since they gave him the immunity potion. I think a good mission would be one where you are hired by Mr. Oh Dear to kill all of the people who tormented him over the years. It would be a multi-part mission with a different part for each tormenter. You would have to kill them in different ways depending on how they had tortured Mr. Oh Dear throughout his pathetic life. You could really get some creative deaths that way and Mr. Oh Dear would finally get the revenge that he so rightly deserves.

Mook, after flipping the switch, did you check the security cameras outside? BTW, there is a second switch in the other wing of the mansion, in the room where a guard is looking outside the window.

To find the identity, you should search the servants bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook View Post
    I must say that I would hate to be in Mr. Oh Dear's shoes. That poor little bastard can't even kill himself since they gave him the immunity potion.
    I would too, especially since they are nothing more than burrick hyde wrapped around each foot.

Actually he gave himself the potion. He did this after he was kicked out of the mage towers.

Giving himself the mage potion

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I would too, especially since they are nothing more than burrick hyde wrapped around each foot.

Actually he gave himself the potion. He did this after he was kicked out of the mage towers.
    I still think he should contract Garrett to kill everyone who ever did him harm.

Actually, his worst enemy is the FM author!

Thanks sluggs

How do I paly the secret one from dromed?

OK, I give up. Where is that bastard's room?! I've been running around this mission for long time. Where is Mr. Odear's room?

That Mr. O' Dear guy

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    OK, I give up. Where is that bastard's room?! I've been running around this mission for long time. Where is Mr. Odear's room?
    spoiler:
    Check the basement area and you'll find what you're looking for. You'll need a key though once you find it.

Interesting mission The architecture (cant spell) was very good as were the ingame cutscenes or whatever theyre called. It was a bit too much for me to find humourous but that might be because Im female.
    I wonder what Freud would think?

I've already found that door in the basement area across from the water with a rope arrow hanging there. Where is the key to open that door? I can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by majikku View Post
    I wonder what Freud would think?

God help us all!

I frob on the first date!

My youtube channel. Songs and such.

BANNED
    This mission is full of CRAP!

People seem to just want to focus on the crap theme of this mission. I'm playing the censored version so this is not affecting the mission at all for me. Where is the key to Mr. Odear's room?

The door where the rope is hanging down will open after you see the elevator scene beyond the guard quarters.

If you have made it all the way to his room, and you can see him through the portculis of his personal jail, you get the key from the guard that just left his room.

I've updated the mission to v1.1 because one of the voices in the torture room on expert didn't work. There were some other minor changes, but nothing to worry about if you have downloaded v1.0 already.

I saw the elevator scene where the guard crushes him in the elevator in the dining room when I first started the mission. Is that the elevator scene that you are talking about?

No, there is another in the basement. Beyond the kitchen and wine cellar is the guard room. Go there and watch a scene there between the idiot and three guards.

I've seen that one too. They start hitting him with their sword and then they all took off. I went in the room after they left and flipped the lights off then Mr. Odear was gone. But that door was still locked.

You still need to keep going in the direction that the idiot and guards went.

Thanks John, I finished it. Good mission, really good. I completed the mission without doing the optional objectives first. Then I went back to another one of my saves and completed the two optional objectives. After I did that, I got a crash back to the desktop when I exited. Are there any special scripts that you used other than the usual ones? Has anyone else got this crash (censored version)?
    Last edited by cavador_8; 14th Sep 2006 at 09:41.

There were no other scripts loaded, so it must have been one of those Thief things. There is a rare oddity in my FM besides the poo. It's possible to toss objects through walls, but I would not recommend it. Usually the objects end up in the next room or outside, but sometimes they don't.

Do you think that tossing the torture guard down the hole would cause a crash then? The first time I completed the mission without doing that objective and it gave me a mission complete sign and did not crash. Then I went back to a previous save and tossed the torcher guard down the hole. I exited the mission after the objective ticked off and it gave me the Microsoft error desktop crash.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast