TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM... A Servant's Life by John Denison (05/09/06)

Unless it happens consistently, or at least more than once in the same scenario, I don't think so. I've had Thief crash for no reason before. I had any program crash before. Sometimes going in and out of the same program was bad for Windows, which deserves a high-five for occuring.

OK, John, one last post from me. I love this mission! I downloaded the updated 1.1 version and started to play it and couldn't stop until I played through the entire thing again. It didn't crash at all this time and I completed all the objectives. The censored version is so good that I'm not sure if I should play the non-censored. Thanks for a very creative and enjoyable mission! I'll leave ya alone now. Oh yeh, thanks for not putting a firestim on the sword in version 1.1... hee hee, that would have hurt like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I love this mission!
    Well there's one.

I even resorted to removing the stims from the swords, but then the guards caused no damage.

Actually it is quite easy to ghost this mission (even though there are some busts) but at least it can be played without being seen. The one exception is at the end. Even so, the sword wasn't necessary. I wonder if someone wants to start a Thief playing school.

You're right. After I played it through again and learned the layout of the mansion pretty well, I found that I didn't need the sword. It's always good to have just in case though.

john9818a,

What a great mission. What a design. And the size.

Thanx for making such an incrediable mission. (I'm not worthy)

What is up with the little guy and the burrik keeper?
    and how do I play the hidden level in dromed?

Thank you Karstenpontoppi

The little guy is Sarah's pet servant. Since she had to go to the hospital, she put a rat in the cage to protect the little servant.

The old decrepid man in the barn is the previous imprisoned servant. That is what Mr. Oh Dear would have looked like had he stayed another five years.

You can play the hidden mission by exiting Thief, don't uninstall the FM, go into dromed and load miss35.mis.

There are also some readables that didn't make it into the mission because they were either TOO MUCH or redundant material, but are still in the zip file.
    Last edited by john9818a; 20th Sep 2006 at 22:22. Reason: add text

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by majikku View Post
    Interesting mission The architecture (cant spell) was very good as were the ingame cutscenes or whatever theyre called. It was a bit too much for me to find humourous but that might be because Im female.
    I wonder what Freud would think?
    I am also female, but I enjoyed the hell out of this and will play again. Somebody earlier said it was more like redneck rampage which i also like...with the cuss pack of course.

John-
    Thanks for making a mission to make people think, whatever their opinion. My dad & I had an hysterical conversation about this mission. We laughed until we both choked. He was disappointed there weren't any gaseous sound effects. Maybe you could borrow Mr. Vlad Chulentz in Just Friends, Pt 1 from bassmanret?

I encountered 2 glitches. I was carrying around the manor lord looking for the cess pool. I put him down outside near the sewer pipe pouring into a stone hole in the ground. After that, I couldn't pick him up at all, so I missed that objective. Also, on my way back to the bedroom to get him, coming up the inside stairs the game kept crashing when I entered the hall. I had to go around. Later, the same thing happened on the other side of those stairs. Once I came back the other way on both sides, everything was fine, no glitches. Weird. Otherwise, loved it.

Thanks again!

I don't think the theme was too terrible, but it's just not expected in a video game. There's a lot worse out there, but no one complains. Anyway if I hadn't put all of the poo on the floor and in the readables then the exact treatment this servant was receiving would not have been conveyed to the player.

I've completed the mission on expert (great mission, John), but I had to skip dropping the lord in the cesspool because I can't find his room. I was in a section earlier where there were a man and a woman (who had written something about Jack trying on her dresses) and I knocked them both out. I'm assuming that was the lord's room, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I've been wandering around for far too long trying to find my way back there.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to load an earlier save and complete the lord/cesspool objective.

I also haven't been able to open the locked metal door outside that's near the door to the area by the gallery. Can it be opened?

It's easy to go to the manor lord's room. Go upstairs. The manor is shaped like a T, so go North on the East side, and you will eventually get there.

The metal door? Do you mean the portcullis leading to the barn area? It can be opened with lockpicks.

Thanks. I passed the lord's room many times and, for some reason, never went back in while running around.

The metal door? Do you mean the portcullis leading to the barn area? It can be opened with lockpicks.
    No. If you are in the art gallery downstairs, go east through the wooden door that leads outside and stop just outside the door. Above is the metal catwalk. To the left are a few steps (between the buidling and a green block wall) leading down to the grass. (If you take these steps and turn right around the corner, you will be under the ramp that provides access to the catwalk.) If you don't take the steps down to the grass, but instead take two steps forward and turn left, on the other side of the green block wall you come to a locked metal door that can't be unlocked with lockpicks or any key I needed to finish the mission.

Will this door open? I'm assuming there is a room there, because directly above are what I believe to be two servants quarter rooms (accessed from the catwalk). I'm hoping there is some loot behind this locked door because I'm far short of the 4375 total.

Oh, that door is opened from the other side. If you have been in the kitchen downstairs in the basement, there is a narrow passage just right of the freezer which leads to the servant's dining room, and further down leads to a strange room that I had no idea what to do with.

I never made it clear but it isn't really important to the mission, but the two rooms accessed by the catwalk are guest rooms. The manor lord would never allow the servants to sleep there. The butler has his own quarters near the front door, and the gardener has his own quarters outside in the southeast yard.

btw did anyone notice anything unusual about the doctor's office or the gallery?
    Last edited by john9818a; 19th Sep 2006 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    AHAHA!

I laughed my ass off when

spoiler:
    The guard was burning Mr. Oh Dear in the oven. At first I thought he had crammed him through that tiny hole until I found the back entrance!

Excellent stuff, mate!
    How long does this scene last? After a few minutes the guard runs through the invisible wall, unless I bj him. If I don't bj him the torturing continues. so, how long before the game continues?
    Albert

It should be about two minutes at the most. When the servant eventually jumps back, the guard will see him freed and run out of the room to catch him.

[QUOTE=john9818a;1499054]The door where the rope is hanging down will open after you see the elevator scene beyond the guard quarters.

If you have made it all the way to his room, and you can see him through the portculis of his personal jail, you get the key from the guard that just left his room.

Thanks for the previous help John9818a. Now in that torture room, there is one guard with his back to the door and it looks like only Mr. Odear in there. I see no other guards in there. Could one of them of been one of the 3 I bj in the barracks area earlier? None of them had a key on them.
    Albert

Well there is only one guard in the torture room. You will see Mr. Oh Dear on either the racks (Censored & Hard) or in the finger dipping chair (Expert). Either way he will eventually slip out of his bondage due to his near-paper thin nature, and will run away. You still have a ways to go before you get to his junk room.

All of the scenes are at least 1 minute long, so you just have to let them play.

btw I'm working on a walkthrough that will better explain everything that happens, and also explains lots of details that are easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    When in the basement go to the sewer collection room, which is a circular room with crap falling into it. The first hallway to your right will take you to the cesspool. The next hallway would take you there, but the door it leads you to is locked. There is some hidden loot near the door.
    Did you know that you can drop him in the circular room in the middle sewer collection room and he will float there also?
    Albert

Well, yes, I did know it. I originally had the drain in the sewer collection room stop a short distance downward, but later opened it up when making the cesspool. I dropped countless AI into that drain to dispose of them.

is there somwhere else i can get the mission or could somone e-mail it to me because thiefmissions dosen't work for me.

You can get it here.

It's 38MB.

Last edited by john9818a; 10th Mar 2007 at 17:25. Reason: Removed file

thanks loads

Well, after I gave the steak to Mr. Oh dear and backs up he runs away but the mission objective doesn't tick off.... is there anything more to set him free?

EDIT: never mind... I simply had to follow him...
    Last edited by Master Garett; 16th Oct 2006 at 12:51.

It will complete anyway but it is better to follow him to see what happens.

Add Walkthrough

There are two walkthroughs, one for Censored and the other for Hard & Expert.

They can be found at the following links:

Hard & Expert

Censored

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast