TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Requesting Pics of "Goggles"

Requesting Pics of "Goggles"

ZEE GOGGLEZ ZEY DO NOTHING!!

Seriously, I need pics of the main character of Shock 2, but am not sure how to go about getting them. So just wondering if anybody has screenshots or renders or anything. It's for a good cause, promise

There's some fair shots of him in the intro video.
    Otherwise, either grab them from a multiplayer game, or just convert his mesh to .3ds and load it up in a 3D program.

the trouble is, unless I've missed my guess, unlike with other textures/models from the game nobody's bothered updating the player model except possibly for the shock project, and I'm not sure if there's been any 'action' shots of their touchup in action for comparion's sake.

If you open the video file for the ending, you should get a few good pics of mr goggles

I always wondered why the fuck did they have to show the player what s/he really is, when it really doesn´t make any sense in a 1st person game that´s supposed to place the player in the game, and not into the boots of some specific character.

Anyone know if the player character in Bioshock is as strongly defined?

Because you obviously get to see what players look like in Multiplayer, that's why.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Doksi View Post
    I always wondered why the fuck did they have to show the player what s/he really is
    Because cutscenes that don't show the main character are weird, that's why.

HalfLife 2 is a weird game then.

Taking the Death Toll
    fuck cutscenes. unless they're done right (i.e. not system shock 2) they're completely jarring and unneccessary and ruin the immersion.

On that note, is there any way to disable cutscenes in SS2? Right now, all they are for me is an annoying resolution change as I click past them as soon as they pop up

It's unfortunate that the cutscenes weren't as good as the ones in Thief

You can just delete them.

Oh, any other game where you just delete the cinematics usually results in the game shitting a brick ^^

Anyhow, I threw on the original game texture (sloppily) just to get an idea...but does anyone even like that stupid beanie? Goggles has to be the most retarded looking game protagonist ever D:

Well, looks aren't everything - the one line he gets to say is nigh on retarded enough.

Not any other, Mercurius
    Normally, if a Game uses .bik-files one can safely delete or rename them.
    And thats really nice, some Games use up to 4 Videos while starting
    and the Gameintro isnt even counted in...

That doesn't look like Goggles ... where is his foolish grin?
    I think they just made him look as generic as possible btw. He doesn't have much of a character in the game either, unless you count his skills and yeah, that one stupid line.

On a sidenote: When will someone make a female Goggles? Goggla?

*Wants to chase polymer-skirts in MP.

Would it even be possible to implement multiple player character models? If so, it'd definitely be nice to have Marine-Goggles, Navy-Goggles, and OSA-Goggles first.

I've always heard about the dark engine being very finicky...so is there anything I should know while modelling? Like polygon limits or having to keep the whole mesh in one piece?

I always delete those starting "unskippable company logo" cinemetics, and have never had a problem with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    I've always heard about the dark engine being very finicky...so is there anything I should know while modelling? Like polygon limits or having to keep the whole mesh in one piece?
    Polygon limit is ~1024 safely, you can get up to twice that or more with meshes but the conversion tools will decide on a whim as to whether to accept and convert it, or to crash.
    Textures are max 256x256. Meshes can't have double-sided texture faces, you have to duplicate and flip the polys.

Multiple player characters should be possible, though I think they're just assigned on a 'first player, second player, third player' basis.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice View Post
    Textures are max 256x256.
    But on the bright side, up to 16 textures per model are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice View Post
    Polygon limit is ~1024 safely, you can get up to twice that or more with meshes but the conversion tools will decide on a whim as to whether to accept and convert it, or to crash.
    Whoa, tell me more about this. 1024 isn't a lot of triangles for a good looking character model. Could you link me to the conversion tool?

Oh, any other game where you just delete the cinematics usually results in the game shitting a brick ^^

Anyhow, I threw on the original game texture (sloppily) just to get an idea...but does anyone even like that stupid beanie? Goggles has to be the most retarded looking game protagonist ever D:

I think maybe that's a protective skul-cap, since Ggg went through some pretty nifty brainal surgery prior to the game's start. Heck, let's say it's a protective nano-beanie, which would have eventually dissipated had the recovery period not been interrupted.

Or he's a Jew.

ZylonBane
    1024 isn't a lot of triangles for a good looking character model.
    It's more than enough if you know what you're doing.