TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Wow! Just... wow!

Wow! Just... wow!

(Maybe you're already aware of this subject; maybe you are all playing Oblivion and don't even care, but I think this is quite a wonderful achievement, so I'm posting it here).

So. I was bored the other day and started browsing the Morrowind forums over the ElderScrolls site (yeah, yeah, I know; I've already said I was bored, 'kay?). Soon I spotted a thread by the funny title "Would you like an Engine Update for Morrowind?". Yeah, right, that's very likely to happen, was my first thought, but I started to read it. Nothing terribly interesting, as I had expected: lots of wishful thinking that will never happen.

But the fifth post had a link to something very intriguing called Timeslip's Infinite View Distance. I clicked the link and... well, the first thing I saw was the downloadable trailer. The 'Official Extended Trailer' weigths some 80+ MBs, so before I started the download I tried to find out what this mod (or program) was about. There are some links to pictures showcasing the program in action, so I open the first one and...

WOW... just wow...

After admiring the image in complete awe, I promptly downloaded the trailer. The tagline of this project says: 'See Morrowind like it's never been seen before'... and they're damn right!

By now I'm starting to sound as if I'm trying to sell something to you, so I will end this post with three pictures and the link to the trailer, so you can judge all by yourselves:

And the high quality version of the trailer.

Isn't it amazing?

That last pic looks really strange. I presume there are a couple of other mods running too. Unless Solstheim looks that strange (particularly towards the east) and the Bitter Coast seems to have flooded.

That picture is correct, though the angle is... unflattering. Also, I suspect the Bittercoast looks flooded because a large part of that area is water. Land is so scarce that at a distance you can't even see the tiny islands, even if there are so many.

That looks fantastic though. If I still played Morrowind, I'd download it. How does it do performance wise?

Sweet jebus! that would just about melt my computer i think.
    Btw, anyone know how to adjust the clipping distance on the xbox version?

You don't. If you want to mod anything in a game, don't buy the console version.