TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Alan Wake footage

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    they managed to sustain that terrible apprehension for almost three hours
    one might say it was a sustained intellectual exploration of dream logic horror

I, for one, might say that.

Did none of you watch the Microsoft conference :/ There was Alan Wake gameplay, and it looked bloody good.

E3 Trailer
    Stage demo

GT's feed of the stage demo is quite hitchy and heavily edited so maybe it'd be better to wait for a proper video or see a stream.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Oh my fucking God, it's like they took Alone in the Dark 5 and made it fucking awesome. Day one purchase, as far as I'm concerned.

HD cam rip of the presentation, with none of the God awful Gametrailers editing.

I dunno. Zzzzzz. Seems like they just ripped off Silent Hill, Obscure, and Siren. And the annoying narration was kind of lame, too. The graphics aren't all they were pumped up to be. At least now, after seeing so many other 'next-gen' games since this dinosaur was announced, they don't have 1/2 the impact they once did.

Shame. I hope it ends up game of the year. I'm rooting for Alan, but so far...it's up in the air.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I admit that I'm a sucker for strong cinematic gameplay like that, especially of horror.

Eg AitD5 had some amazing set-pieces that I enjoyed immensely.

Taking the Death Toll
    Personally? I call bullshit. I'm not going to believe it's coming out until it's out.

Though I'll probably buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I admit that I'm a sucker for strong cinematic gameplay like that, especially of horror.

Eg AitD5 had some amazing set-pieces that I enjoyed immensely.
    That's cool. I am too. I just wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be with actual in-game footage.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I just wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be with actual in-game footage.
    It was this in-game footage that's gotten me excited. All of the past trailers of (most likely) non-interactive cutscenes had failed to impress me.

I liked the narration, it reminded me of Garrett's in-game banter (vaguely).

(That AW footage was truly joyful directly after watching the new soul destroying Splinter Cell 5 media. Gears of Jason Bourne, what the fuck.)

What was so special about this footage? I had high expectations and there's not much of interest here.

And yes, new Splinter Cell is a huge disappointment.

I'm in he same boat with EvaUnit02. I didn't really care about the game prior to this vid but this looked quite interesting. They could tone it down with all the slowmos a bit though.
    I also didn't like the narration in this context. It sounds a bit too calm considering he's just been hit in the head with an axe and escaped a dozen homicidal creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I liked the narration, it reminded me of Garrett's in-game banter (vaguely).
    I thought the narrator voice acting was really shoddy. The rest looked okay, though.

I liked it very much, the flashlight + gun gameplay looks very good.

Chakat sex pillow
    Between this and the next MGS, I might just have to get an X360 some day.

Or, once the ports are announced, upgrade my PC.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Between this and the next MGS, I might just have to get an X360 some day.

Or, once the ports are announced, upgrade my PC.
    Ummm, Alan Wake was always planned for a simultaneous PC+360 release. Unless the plans have changed, you won't have to wait.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, I know. I didn't see the GfW logo at the end of the new E3 teaser, though, which means things may have changed. Hopefully not, but you never know.

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm amazed that I started it, since I can't even really muster apathy about Alan Wake now.

And it looks like they're using Alone in the Dark '08's 'episodic on the same disc' set up, which is surprising because I thought everybody hated that in AitD.

Quote Originally Posted by saatana View Post
    I also didn't like the narration in this context. It sounds a bit too calm considering he's just been hit in the head with an axe and escaped a dozen homicidal creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    I thought the narrator voice acting was really shoddy. The rest looked okay, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    Every time this thread gets bumped I'm amazed that I started it, since I can't even really muster apathy about Alan Wake now.

And it looks like they're using Alone in the Dark '08's 'episodic on the same disc' set up, which is surprising because I thought everybody hated that in AitD.
    At least I am not alone in the feelings of 'meh'.

it was pc vista only no xp version, and xbox360, although the dll library that was used to make halo 2 run on the xbox360, and vista only on the pc was the file that was modifyed to make halo 2 run on xp. So am guessing if there's no xp version again than thats what will happen again.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    Most people haven't even actually played AitD5, they just wrote it off based on review scores (IGN's incredibly poor one especially) or because they tried playing it with the god awful keyboard controls or an unsupported gamepad.

I'm sorry, you seem to have me confused with Koki and/or ZylonBane, who only talk about PC versions of games, and always from third hand accounts. Most people I know that played it (and who I watched play it) did so on 360 or PS3 and declared it shit. And the whole 'all of the game is optional' structure was a significant part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by belboz View Post
    it was pc vista only no xp version, and xbox360, although the dll library that was used to make halo 2 run on the xbox360, and vista only on the pc was the file that was modifyed to make halo 2 run on xp. So am guessing if there's no xp version again than thats what will happen again.
    Say that again s.l.o.w.l.y. I am not getting you.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, the gist of what he's saying is that if Alan Wake is released as a Vista exclusive, it'll probably be hacked to work on XP just like Halo 2 was. That's provided it's not running exclusively on a DirectX 10 codepath, however.

The rest of it involving modifications to Halo 2's dll libraries for the X360 and Vista to make it work on XP? That, I'm not too sure about. It's mighty interesting if that's how it happened, though.

its only one dll, it tells halo 2 that you are running windows vista, even though your running windows xp. halo 2 vista comes with directx 9 and directx 10 drivers, because the vista version was a console port. although Iwont be getting alan wake anyway, didn't like what I saw from the footage shown at e3.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast