TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock at X06

evolve pr

Bioshock at X06

from Eurogamer's live report:
    11:46.51 - Moore is back, and complaining about the cheers Jade got. Sorry, Peter - she's female and cute. Your lovely beard just doesn't cut it.

Next up, Bioshock - which is now exclusive to the 360 and Windows. That's a killer signing for Microsoft! Roll the trailer...

11:47.01 - There's a real 30s quality to the voiceover, which is nice. First we see the underwater city, and pan into the luxurious art deco interior. Here's the frightened little girl we saw at the E3 demo... If this is in-game, expect to be blown away.

11:48.00 - The girl's Big Daddy protector attacking and pinning you down in first person - the deep groaning sound effects are immense. And now, something really rather gross has evidently just been implanted into us, Matrix style through our belly button... Massive applause as the trailer ends.

This looks like a real killer app for the 360.
    ooooh, I need to see that trailer

So confusing ...
    I guess now it's confirmed once and for all.

I wonder if anyone shakey cam'd that, it must be a much more later build of the game?
    [edit]f*ck, there was a live stream of the event, I didn't know :'( I hope someone captured it[/edit]
    Last edited by Vraptor7; 27th Sep 2006 at 15:39.

That trailer is crazy. Really really cool.

mms://ms.groovygecko.net/groovyg/clients/xbox/xbox_hb.wmv?wmcache=0

thats the link for the whole x06 it's right after Assasins Creed which also looks stunning. About 35 minutes in.

Yeah the trailer looked great and if you believe Peter Moore the "Is it on PS3?" debate has come to an end. It will be interesting to see how much of what is shown will be possible in the actual game... oh and the Big Daddy looked totally bad-ass. Did the end remind anybody else of "The Creation of Adam"?
    Last edited by Farcabio; 27th Sep 2006 at 19:23.

the 360 is shaping up to be quite a console. Assasins Creed, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, Banjo3, of course Bioshock, Splinter Cell and so on... looks like a promising future.

That was incredible! Holy shit. I'll have to watch that again because I wasn't getting smooth playback all the time, but of what I could see... I wish I was there to see that.

Is there any way to see that trailer?

Here's just the Bioshock part (24.3 MB).

TTLG.com

Wow... that makes the combat seem far more kinetic than is common in an FPS, and sells the Big Daddy - Little Sister relationship pretty effectively.

Is it gameplay footage, or a purpose-built trailer?

Irrational Games
    The trailer is pre-rendered, just so nobody has any Killzone-style deja vus...

We wanted to get footage and sshots of the actual game first (the e3 video you saw last week) so everybody knew exactly how the game looked before we showed more conceptual stuff like the trailer. I know it's ass backwards, but I think it's important you let people see what they're actually getting first so they know what game you're making.

As good as the game looked at E3, you guys need to see it now. Special effects have gotten, well, special attention. The plasmid hands that Steve did just rock, and the weapon effects out Black-Black.

We'll be showing a new in game demo of a relatively recent build tomw at the actual event. I don't have any date on when that video will be released, it's up to marketing types.

I think the combat in BioShock will be as intense as in the trailer, but more first person weapon and mutant powers focused (of course!). The in game demo we're showing tomw is in fact all about combat in BioShock. We call it: "Hunting the Big Daddy".

Shortly down the road we'll be starting to discuss some of the deeper gameplay choices in BioShock, like hacking, inventing, and weapon mods...(and much more..."

Irrational Games
    Quote Originally Posted by James Sterrett View Post
    Wow... that makes the combat seem far more kinetic than is common in an FPS, and sells the Big Daddy - Little Sister relationship pretty effectively.

Is it gameplay footage, or a purpose-built trailer?
    hey james...great to see you back! long time no talk.

Haha ...awesome!

If you get plasmid use looking anything in that neighborhood it'll rock.

Also, we finally get to hear Ryan. Like my gov't prof used to say about Nixon: he sounds like my kind of asshole.

Irrational Games
    can anybody guess who's playing ryan? some journalist thought it was me, but he's wrong, wrong wrong!!!

do please look for my special in game voice acting appearance. it's clown-tastic.

I don't have a clue. Oh man, can't wait to see the new vid!

[edit]Was it the guy who did Korenchkin?[/edit]
    Last edited by Vraptor7; 27th Sep 2006 at 20:29.

wow ,powerful stuff

Not quite Jack Palance, Chareton Heston, or Patrick Stewart (with a cold) ... but I could guess he's been in at least one Western.
    Last edited by demagogue; 28th Sep 2006 at 10:53. Reason: "with a cold"

anthony hopkins?

Irrational Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcabio View Post
    Did the end remind anybody else of "The Creation of Adam"?
    Levine has never met a classic image he wouldn't borrow.

oh my, that is an exciting video. Thank you again Ken for your attention.
    Last edited by durks; 27th Sep 2006 at 20:57.

"but my city was betrayed by those c..."

What is the c...?!? Who betrayed Rapture?

The video was amazing. I loved how the "swarm" plasmid worked, if that is how the "spellcasting" plasmids are going to work, then yeah, i'm all for it!

That was great. I'm getting a very 'City of Lost Children' presided over by Vincent Price type vibe.

re: hunting the Big Daddy...I'm really curious to see this video, because in a way it's my main fear for this game- there could possibly be some cheeseball way of trapping the Big Daddies on the level's geometry or exploiting an AI bug that makes distracting them entirely too easy.

That was even more disturbing than I thought it would be.Send the kids to bed when you play this game.

Previously Important
    Consider my monocle well and truly popped.

Excellent. The plasmid effect was spot on IMO. We definitely need to see THAT in game or something similar rather than the "spellcasting" (urgh).

That was thematically perfect imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrationallevine View Post
    can anybody guess who's playing ryan?
    Stephen Russell?

Loving the movie, has a Lovecraftian feel to it.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast