TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 Fan Mission - A Pirate's Downfall - 2006-10-02

It worked for me only after the second frob of that lever.
    Oh, and what to do with the golden bones?

No idea what to do with those bones (I still miss one leg anyway ). Perhaps build yourself an everlasting non-talkative buddy...

Wow nicked!!! Thank you very much for this great mission!

The
    spoiler:
    code-puzzle
    was a little bit hard for me as a non-english but with a little help of the forum it was no problem.

Wow, wow, wow - everytime I thought: 'Now I'm nearly done!' the story turned. Brilliant!

spoiler:
    The ship looks cool,
    and I want to join one of those Mechanists-masses to hear these - ehrm - exceptional gospels

Since I'm not playing on expert, I assume the
    spoiler:
    Music Room Puzzle doesn't work for me

so I'm ready to leave this place and can't find the new easy way out. Can someone clue me as to the exit? Really enjoyed the last 4 hours. I couldn't kill anyone so I just lured them to the old standby doors.

Hope Vincent

Brilliant FM, nicked! Especially loved the one-armed guard. Pretty cool. I've completed everything, but don't know where to go to trigger the ending. I'm also missing 180 loot, and 2 secrets, but that's pretty good for me.
    I'll have to play this one again... as soon as I catch my breath

I'm having fun playing this FM. I've got all of the AI KO including those involved in the event. In one of the closets on the floor I see a patch of grey. It seems to be a shallow vent running under the wall. Is there anything there?

btw there were five guards standing outside the servant's outside door, and I was amused that I could stand about two feet away with the crystal brightly lit, and none of them even made a peep, at least until I had three KO.
    Last edited by john9818a; 3rd Oct 2006 at 22:26.

how do I get into the master bedroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Thank you VERY much! I never would have figured that out on my own.
    You should have seen the hint in the first beta. I sneaked around for hours indexing every every picture, location and date, trying to see a pattern that wasn't there.

If you climb up on the wall
    spoiler:
    at the side of the graveyard
    , and
    spoiler:
    go over the big back wall
    , there's a message that says
    spoiler:
    you can keep the medallion
    but
    spoiler:
    what medallion ?

And how do you
    spoiler:
    get back over the wall into the game ? Or do you have to do a quick load ?

The ending?????

I've completed everything on expert....
    spoiler:
    I've taken Smith to the forest gates, but I can't figure out where I have to go to trigger the ending???

Thanks
    donkay

malau

I don't think we were supposed to go over the wall. I went over the wall on the other side of the estate and fell to an empty field.

Donkay

I'm having the same problem.

Thanks John :-)

I tried to use the Dragon's Eye
    spoiler:
    (presuming it is the eyeball from the chest you get by typing in that code ?) as a key on the coloured smoky things but it doesn't seem to function as a key like the Globe did. Did I misunderstand what to do with it ? I am just wandering around not knowing what to do now, no idea how to get onto the roof, people keep talking about some "event", but God knows what that is ? They talk about a pirate ship, but i'm yet to see that. Anyway, how do you get onto the roof where this tower is ?
    I have the globe (used it on the smoky stuff), the eye, the will (though am losing the will to live :-) ). I don't want ot have to resort to loading it into Dromed and switching zero-G on.

malau....
    spoiler:
    You will acquire the items you need to use on the coloured smokey things once you make it down into the caves... which is also where the ship is located. As for the the attic/roof, the ladder will drop once you trigger the event!!!

The "Event"
    spoiler:
    Once you make it into the "Master bedroom", there is a switch under the desk that will move a dresser, behind that dresser is a chest..... opening that chest will trigger the event. If you haven't made it into the Master bedroom yet.... you get there through the cloakroom near the main entrance...you have to hit the switch on the wall located just above the room with the coloured smokey things

donkay

To get the mission to end, I had to drop Smith by the gate and that objective ticked off then walk back a bit then walk towards the gate again and the final objective to find a way out ticked off.

Thanks Donkay,
    spoiler:
    I didn't realise you guys would be so quick to post answers, and as it nearly 5am here I decided to cheat and use Dromed. But what you told me about the switch in the Master Bedroom was the missing link in all my problems, if I had got that then I could have got into the attic.
    Doh !

Thanks again :-)

Ok, I got it. Seperate your spoilers people!
    Last edited by ganac; 4th Oct 2006 at 01:55.

Very nice FM! Great work nicked!
    spoiler:
    I prefer drunk guard who feels sick

Southquarter.com/fms
    Loved this FM, but stuck at the end like a few others.

spoiler:
    Where is the exit? NW mentioned a gate, but I'm not sure where this is. The wooden gate right outside the front door of the mansion?

For the graveyard crypt: the lever should simply open the graveyard door, allowing access to the crypt.

The exit on Tricky and Fiendish is in the pirate caves. It's marked as Forest Exit on your map. It should work fine if you just climb up in that cave.
    On Fiendish: You have to dump Lord Smith right by the gate though, although the objective to escape should check off in that area straight away.

And if you've managed to climb over the wall, congrats, you broke it! Climbing the outer wall of the mansion is supposed to be impossible!
    Last edited by nicked; 4th Oct 2006 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    And if you've managed to climb over the wall, congrats, you broke it! Climbing the outer wall of the mansion is supposed to be impossible!
    At least it was quite easy!
    spoiler:
    You just have to climb the on hedge at the graveyard, then the small wall and then the big wall

Well, the next time there will be unclimbable objects, right?

sneaked around for hours indexing every every picture, location and date, trying to see a pattern that wasn't there.
    Dito! Because I thought
    spoiler:
    that some number-involving puzzle needed to be solved before going to the music room.

As everybody else said: Fantastic mission!
    Hm, perhaps One-armed Dave could need a shiny replacement for his left (?) arm.
    @Dinksmallwood: Where did you find the two arms and one of the legs?

i need help

where can i find larlochīs compass?

Cardia1....

spoiler:
    I'm playing on Fiendish, and on that level the compass was located in a chest in the caves. The chest is in the first building once you get to the water... there is two guards guarding that building, but you can dive down into the water and come up underneath the building through a hole in the floor.... the chest will be right beside you when you surface.

larloch's compass is in a different place on Tricky:
    spoiler:
    For that you need to get into the master bedroom. Once there, look around for a secret switch...

iīm playing on simple

i think the compass location on simple difficult is different from the other difficult levels, iīve search on that bulding in the caves and there was only a shadow of the chest, i went to the master bedroom but couldnīt find any switch unless i was in the wrong room, i guess the master room is that one with the painting of the kraken... so where exactly must i find the compass in siple difficult? itīs the only objective i need to conclude, iīm loving this mission

cardia1...

This might be different as well..... but on fiendish level.... the room with "The Kraken" belongs to Partridge's son. The "Master Bedroom" is across the hall(the door that doesn't light up), you have to find another way in.

Donkay

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast