TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 Fan Mission - A Pirate's Downfall - 2006-10-02

time differences

yep. that would seem odd. except for 1 thing:
    i had this same error with 2 missions, and i cut and pasted the mission name into the same message to save time.

sorry if this resulted in any confusion.

anyway, i finally got it. i think it's a glitch on my server's side.
    Last edited by redleaf; 5th Oct 2006 at 06:27. Reason: my cat won't get off the keyboard ...mmmfff

Ghost

Mirror, mirror, off the wall

I can't find the Mirror of Lies. At the bottom of the elevator down to the pirate caves, there is a frobbable book; no matter how many times I frob it, it doesn't open the thing that looks like a secret door at the bottom of the ramp down to the pirate dock.

I'm guessing that's the "secret place," and it's supposed to open. What do I do now? Am I just wrong about that?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Dafydd, that drove me crazy, too. You need to frob it twice but no more or it will close what it opened, which is a secret door in the graveyard. That's not where the Mirror is, though. It's in a secret compartment under the Captain's cabin on the ship.

Mirror of Lies:
    spoiler:
    On Tricky, it's in the Gallery.

On Fiendish, as Nightwalker said, in the secret compartment in the ship.

And where's this secret door in the pirate caves? There shouldn't be one!

Ghost
    Arrgh! I had opened that compartment, but I thought it was just another access to the hold. Yeesh.

All right, with that, I have everything except the bones; I have the right arm, left leg, the ribcage, and the skull; I need the left arm, right leg, and the spine... anybody remember where those are (on Fiendish)?

Thanks,

Dafydd

need to find the way to the septic tank

Where is the septic tank? Thanks .... The Geez

oldgeezer

spoiler:
    When you first come up the sewer ladder right at the beginning there is a door in that shaft, you have to find a key to open it first. Read the servents book in his room for a clue

Thanks Maloo

That should get me going again!

Dafydd-
    spoiler:
    I seem to remember that the spine is located in the caves, I think towards the exit or possibly when you go up the mast on the ship and then jump over from the starboard side to an upper shelf area.

I don't want to read through the rest of the spoilers, but I found an area
    spoiler:
    outside the walls that has a small parchment. It reads, "A miraculous escape Mr Garrett. You may keep the medallion. Consider it a reward for freeing me... "

But there is no medallion nearby.
    Am I too far ahead of myself here? Or is this some sort of Easter Egg?

Daffyd:

spoiler:
    One limb is located inside the fireplace on the upper floor. You can actually see it from the roof, though I don't recommend trying to reach it from there.

I'm still missing an arm.

Quote Originally Posted by canoli View Post
    Am I too far ahead of myself here? Or is this some sort of Easter Egg?
    I think it's an easter egg of sorts.
    spoiler:
    The necromancer's medallion is down in the crypts.

You're not supposed to be able to climb over the walls - that scroll teleports in after a later event! I think that'll have to be the main fix when (if?) I get around to releasing a 1.1 update! There seems to be a few things that could do with fixing!

Trouble is I'm sick of the sight of the bloody mission!

Don't read unless you have finished...

Did anyone else notice
    spoiler:
    the floating KO AI when reloading the mission after the "event" occurs? Only the second wave AI's were floating.

nicked

I'd seriously like to test the outside areas if you do release an update.

I noticed that too, but I thought the cause was triggering the alarm again. It was rather disappointing, because I had quite the pile of bodies behind the hedges that I wanted a screenie of.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    Cannot locate key in
    spoiler:
    septic tank
    . There is one there, isn't there?
    I can't find it, in spite of the answer.

spoiler:
    Do I really get back into the waterpart of the tank? The answer was "far to the left, under the pipes". I tried a lot down there, but I can't find it.

Please help me again.
    Thanks.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Ghost
    Gloria Creep, did you find the loot back there? The thing you seek is right next to it.

Dafydd

Ghost
    All right, I've found everything I need except one secret and also the left golden armbone. Can anyone make suggestions?

I don't care about getting full loot, but I always like to complete all objectives (including hidden ones) and find all the secrets, even with some spoilage.

I found an easy way to get out with the medallion, by the way: Take out the two skeletal haunts on the way to the scroll. When you get to the center, before frobbing the scroll, hop up on the altar. Now, you should have picked up a speed potion somewhere in the house, I forget just where.... (But don't forget to pick up the medallion before gulping and sprinting!)

I made it all the way to the ladder before it ran out; it wasn't even close -- I left him in the dust.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Gloria: The key is underwater right up against the back wall on the left if you're looking out from the doorway, in a small patch of water on its own. It's blue. Try turning up the gamma or using a flare if you can't see it.

P.S. Found Dewdrop yet?

Speed potion: is on the northernmost downstairs bookcase in the library.

Still unsolved problems for a dumbass like me

First of all thanks for this mission. Best map so far I had in a FM. But dispite of all clues and hints I still seem to miss important things to go on in this mission. I' playing on tricky.

spoiler:
    Is there a way to switch off the security system in the gallery? I had to use a fire arrow to destroy one camara so I could grab the items without being harmed.

spoiler:
    How can I open the obvious secret cabinet in the gardener's attic?

spoiler:
    When and where is the puzzle triggered "to read out the name of the artists loud and in a special order"?

spoiler:
    Where exactly is the switch to open the crypt? I spend over an hour crouching an clicking around the base of the lighthouse-tower. Inside, outside - nothing! Do I need glasses??

It's so frustrating to even read about something here and nevertheless not being able to find it in the game. Shame on me. Any help is really welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by exori View Post
    spoiler:
    Is there a way to switch off the security system in the gallery? I had to use a fire arrow to destroy one camara so I could grab the items without being harmed.
    There should be a guard room with viewing ports that act like periscopes, in that room is a lever to disable the watchers

Quote Originally Posted by exori View Post
    spoiler:
    How can I open the obvious secret cabinet in the gardener's attic?
    On easy mode, it is on the opposite wall from the hidden door. Jammed right into the far left corner. It blends in well with the scenery so take your time.

Ghost
    Can't anyone remember where the left golden armbone is found on Expert?

Also, can somebody just post a list of the secrets? The missing one is drivin' me nuts!

Thanks,

Dafydd

bob_doe_nz

Thanks!

1. I've been there and must have completely missed it.
    2. I'll look for it.*

*As soon as I finished work for today

Ghost
    Exori:

spoiler:
    > When and where is the puzzle triggered "to read out the name of the artists
    > loud and in a special order"?

When you find the Compass, Dagger, Globe, and Mirror, take them into the secret passageway, down into the room with smoke, and use them according to the little ditty you found in the aviary.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you've got a way to go yet!)

spoiler:
    > Where exactly is the switch to open the crypt? I spend over an hour
    > crouching an clicking around the base of the lighthouse-tower. Inside,
    > outside - nothing! Do I need glasses??

The base of the tower is actually far below the level of the rooftop where you enter.

Dafydd

Dafydd

Thanks!

spoiler:
    I found the Compass, Dagger, Globe, and Mirror.

But obviously I am a way to go yet, because I don't know what you are talking about.

spoiler:
    The base of the tower is actually far below the level of the rooftop where you enter.

I have an idea what you mean with that. I'll try as soon as possible.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast