TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 Fan Mission - A Pirate's Downfall - 2006-10-02

The paintings puzzle is part of a Fiendish difficulty only puzzle, so you needn't worry about that! I'll try and get a list of secrets up shortly...

Ghost
    ...And a golden bone list too?

Thanks,

Dafydd

bob_doe_nz

1. Okay, I'm so blind!!
    Been so curious to look through the lenses i didn't see the switch. Even with the big sign above it.

Dafydd

spoiler:
    If the base is in the workshop I'm lost. Could not find any seal / sign there. Only a saw and a hammer. Where' s the f...... switch?

The name's puzzle isn't for "tricky". What a pity!

exori
    spoiler:
    you need to go into the attic and down the lighthouse lift to find the switch. Have you triggered that event yet? There are several posts here with the solution...just reread this thread very carefully.

anyone, please?
    spoiler:
    Okay, I found the switch at the base of the lighthouse but I can't see anything nor a secret door...can someone outright spoil me? I'm getting a headache looking for the blasted graveyard.

spoiler:
    Out the front door, right through the gates, left through the hedge.

Secrets:

1. In the downstairs drawing room, off the kitchen, there is a ship's wheel on the wall. One of the pegs controls a secret panel...
    2. In the northwest corner of the Gardener's House attic - move 2 crates and use a tiny switch to open a secret panel on the opposite side of the attic.
    3. In the graveyard (southeast corner of the mansion grounds), pull a lever on the back of the big Death statue grave. This will move the only non-readable gravestone, revealing some loot.
    4. Pull a switch on the inside of the upper shelf at head height opposite the dining room double doors, on the unit in the kitchen. This opens a panel in the side of the unit.
    5. Frob a book-shaped switch on the base of the wall in the room at the bottom of the tower elevator twice. This opens a secret door in the graveyard. Go in this door and see what you can see...

Golden bones:

1. Golden right arm - with the skeleton underwater right near the start.
    2. Golden left arm - in the attic, on the floor behind the chimney flue.
    3. Golden left leg - in the top left pigeon hole in the aviary.
    4. Golden right leg - pretty sure this one is lodged up the chimney - you can grab it in the upstairs drawing room.
    5.Golden ribcage - on top of the bookcase in the middle of the ground floor of the library in the section with a low ceiling.
    6. Golden spine - To the left of the ramp leading up to the forest exit.
    7. Golden skull - I think this is in the corner of the basement, behind a crate.

Ghost
    Yay, finally got the last bone and secret; I was missing the one behind the chimney flue and the one in the kitchen, respectively.

Thanks; finished with something like 3,589 out of 3,784... which is pretty good for me!

Great mission, Nicked. A lot bigger than it first appeared. (But not ghostable, of course, because of the Event.)

Dafydd

It's ghostable on Simple. And almost ghostable on the other difficulties, apart from the Event. It is technically possible to play the level letting no-one see you though.

Anyone got all the loot yet? If not, have you got these hard to find items:

Both the purple and blue gems in the caves. The purple's in a barrel near the golden-armed skeleton. The blue is down a crack near the well, having been dropped by the skeleton's real arm!

All the gold in the secrets.

The coin on the table in the guard post room next to the other stacks of coins.

The tapestry beside some crates next to the stairs in the second pirate shack.

Finished at last

Just want to say many thanks for the help in this forum (as always granted) for this mission. Without it I surely would have given up. 5 days old and already over 130 posts about it. That's definitly not one of the easiest to play. But worthy!!!
    Last edited by exori; 9th Oct 2006 at 04:00.

Just finished this mission. It’s a really excellent FM, the best I’ve played in a long time!

Great stuff Nicked, thanks a lot!

WOW...i really really really really liked this fm!!! did i say how much? really really really really!!! this was good in every way that i like an fm...

now, do ya think you could get another one over to me right now?????

That Mission was fantastic and fun!. Loved it.
    I played on the hardest. Must admit had a little trouble with
    The picture puzzle Could not work it out.
    @Thanks Nightwalker.
    Also

Excelllent love more!.

The loot I missed a little by 275.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate View Post

now, do ya think you could get another one over to me right now?????
    That might work on sluggs but not me! I'm working on another one, but I doubt it'll be done in the next 12 hours!

But I want a new mission now!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Secrets:

Golden bones:

1. Golden right arm - with the skeleton underwater right near the start.
    2. Golden left arm - in the attic, on the floor behind the chimney flue.
    3. Golden left leg - in the top left pigeon hole in the aviary.
    4. Golden right leg - pretty sure this one is lodged up the chimney - you can grab it in the upstairs drawing room.
    5.Golden ribcage - on top of the bookcase in the middle of the ground floor of the library in the section with a low ceiling.
    6. Golden spine - To the left of the ramp leading up to the forest exit.
    7. Golden skull - I think this is in the corner of the basement, behind a crate.

Is #2
    spoiler:
    in the Gardners Attic? I do not see a Flue up there.

Albert

No, it's in the attic in the main house.

I spent a long time last night trying to get into the Master Bedroom. I tried to find, I believe according to Nightwalker's words "the cloakroom near the main entrance" and the "coloured smokey things"

I assume the cloakroom is one of the red curtain room on each side of the main entrance???? I have no idea what "coloured smokey things" are...

How do I get into the Master Bedroom???

cavador_8,
    there is a lever in the corridor behind the "secret" door in the library, that opens another secret door in one of the wardrobes (?) near the main entrance.

I guess "smokey things" is supposed to be some sort of a description of the patterns on the wallpaper in there.

Thanks. Now, how do I open a secret door in the library?

Never mind::

I guess
    spoiler:
    I need the Septic tank key, which is on the floor in the bathroom under the toilet(trophy room on map), and then the Smelly key, which is found in the Septic tank, it unlocks a lockbox on the side of the fireplace in the little room with a man and a fireplace on the second floor, in there look for a lever that says “cloakroom” above it, flip it then go back down to front foyer and into one of red curtained rooms, a secret door is now open to the master bedroom.
    right?

One last question... where is the Septic tank?
    Last edited by cavador_8; 11th Oct 2006 at 13:30.

Check the manhole in the gardener's house.

A nice little mission, though I needed a little help from the forums to finish it. (I had missed the hidden lever in the master bedroom)

I must, however, be pedantic and point out two small details:

• Why is there a freshly dug grave for Lord Smith when his body was never recovered? A bit of disturbed earth around the tombstone, yes, but in a grave-shaped area in front of it?
    • Secondly, the mast and crow's nest of the ship is in an opening at the top of the cave, with little room to move. How could the ship ever get out of the cave without the main mast cracking off? Even if the water level went down a bit, there just isn't enough space between the floor of the cave and the ceiling (excluding the upper cavern around the mast) for the ship to be able to sail out.

Lol, that's hilarious. I never thought about his body not being in the grave! Mental block or what!

As for the ship thing, I'm certain there was a reason I couldn't make the cave bigger, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. So, er... it's high tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    No, it's in the attic in the main house.
    Thanks Nightwalker! Found it after triggering the scene.
    Albert

I must have walked past that taffin' golden spine about 10 times while looking for it

excellent mission

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast